Firmware upgrade issues
2435 13 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LCoul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I recently purchased the DJI Mini 3 Pro and am having issues conecting my RC controller to the Drone itself.

It is not connecting when following the guide on the RC (I have tried repeatedly and followed generic testing methods e.g. turning off and on etc).

When I went to check for a firmware update one was found and so I started it.
At around 35-40% it stops (Every single time I do it) and gives me a pop up stating

"Checking the battery level takes around 1 min to complete"

No further instructions or tasks are prompted?
The RC itself is on 70% the drone is using a fully charged battery so I am very confused as to why this update wont proceed.

I dont even know if the firmware update will fix my syncing issues with my RC and my drone but considering thats not ever working I am worried I have a faulty device.
(It is brand new ordered a few days ago and arrived today from DJI not a third party).

Thanks for any help!
2022-9-7
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Very strange … I would contact DJI Support.
2022-9-7
Use props
LCoul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have been trying too but to no luck as of yet due to my working hours being in the support hours
2022-9-7
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

are you updating via the RC controller route or DJI Assistant?
2022-9-7
Use props
LCoul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Honestly I don't know

I have gone into the profile > Settings > Check for firmware updates (On the DJI RC)
Then I just click Install .

Thats when the above issue occurs.
2022-9-7
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

LCoul Posted at 9-7 10:40
Have been trying too but to no luck as of yet due to my working hours being in the support hours

Try email support then: support@dji.com
2022-9-7
Use props
LCoul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2022-9-7
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

ok so via the RC controller.  There is a DJI Assistant but personally I have seen lots of people with drones that won't take off.  I think it's because of the updates to it for Avata so I would try and find the previous version.

The other thing to try; if you are connected to the internet on your broadband maybe try a mobile hotspot instead.  Some people have had issues updating due to broadband and gateways ISP end causing to get stuck.  You can update to google gateways on your router but probably overly technical and cumbersome.  If you have a friend with different broadband maybe try that rule it out
2022-9-7
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Maybe first try the DJI Assistant first. Visit the DJI website, search the Mini 3 and then choose downloads.

2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and please update/refresh the firmware of your Aircraft and RC to see if the issue persists? You may download the software at the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_miACX4kwQllC
New

United States

I am having the exact same issue. Is there a solution? The assistant app for desktop doesnt help either...
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_wAIseJqwBnSn
New

India

I am facing the same problem and have tried assistant via desktop but problem persists with solid red status indicator and 30064 error with battery showing 0 minutes.
Anyone with any solution please help
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_ArvAIrKqq0Ux
lvl.1

Nigeria

Hello, I have exactly issue with my DJI Mini 2 Drone, I tried to update both on phone and on My laptop through DJI Assistant but the updating hang or stop after 70-90%.
Even this issue the drone cannot Off when I pressed the button.
Anyone with relevant information, please message me on email olajide.seyi@yahoo.com or WhatsApp +2348138002350.
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ArvAIrKqq0Ux Posted at 10-17 07:51
Hello, I have exactly issue with my DJI Mini 2 Drone, I tried to update both on phone and on My laptop through DJI Assistant but the updating hang or stop after 70-90%.
Even this issue the drone cannot Off when I pressed the button.
Anyone with relevant information, please message me on email [url=mailtolajide.seyi@yahoo.com]olajide.seyi@yahoo.com[/url] or WhatsApp +2348138002350.

Hi there. Please check the following notes first before updating:
a. Make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more.
b. The firmware update fails if the aircraft or remote controller is powered off during the update process. In this case, please power on the aircraft and remote controller, and update again.
c. The Internet was disconnected during the firmware download.
During the update, the aircraft will restart multiple times and automatically shut down after the update has been completed.

1. From the DJI Fly App, please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. Please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the Fly App and DJI Assistant 2 fail to update your drone, please check the below steps:

a. For Windows - Go to Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) > DJI Engine > , find ""defaultsettings.ini"", then open it and change the ""0"" to ""1"".

For Mac: Right-click the DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents, then follow the below photo to find the defaultsettings.ini

b. Then connect the unit to the PC and update the firmware version.

Keep me updated, please. Have a nice day.
2023-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules