Avata not recording
2267 9 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Banxie
lvl.1

United States

Hey all, I am having a problem with the avata recording to neither the SD card nor the internal. The screen shows recording in progress with the blinking red dot and elapsed timer and the storage amount is being used up, but neither the card nor the internal shows any recorded files. I have formatted both internal and SD and even reset to factory settings and still nothing. Everything has been updated to the latest firmware. Any ideas?
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Banxie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-9-7
Use props
Banxie
lvl.1

United States

No error messages at all. Everything looks like its recording but when I check, there are no videos in the internal or SD card. The album has nothing in it on the app and the album is grayed out and unselectable in the goggle menu. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPad Pro 12.9.

Thanks
2022-9-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hey Banxie,

It might be recording on the Goggles SD card, but not on the Avata SD card. Maybe you can try swapping the SD cards from Goggles to Avata and vise versa and see if that helps. You may want to format your drone SD card first in the drone, it's under Camera menu and you can also set a setting in the menu to auto record on take off, I have been using this feature and it works really well for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-8
Use props
Banxie
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Mike. All of this happens without an SD card in the goggles at all. I have formatted internal memory, and two SD cards, but that doesn’t seem to help. I have tried three different ways to record: through the goggles, through the motion controller, and set to auto record upon takeoff, and it is the same with all three methods.

Is it necessary to have an SD card installed in order to record to the internal memory?

Asking for a friend… (It’s me, I am the friend)
2022-9-8
Use props
Banxie
lvl.1

United States

No one has any other helpful input on this?
2022-9-13
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Banxie Posted at 9-13 09:59
No one has any other helpful input on this?

I'm kind of in the same boat.  The only way I can record and retrieve anything is by using an SD card in the drone and then inserting that into the goggles to view.  I cannot seem to record anything into the drones HD - or if it is, I cannot seem to access it despite using the cables that DJI recommends.  
2022-9-13
Use props
theonlygk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had the same thing and it turned out to be a setting.
Swipe up on the side of the goggles and check to see if you're in photo mode.
I had mine set in photo mode and couldn't record video on anything as a result
2023-3-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

cannot seem to record anything into the drones HD
2023-3-13
Use props
ASwatzell23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Banxie Posted at 2022-9-8 05:53
No error messages at all. Everything looks like its recording but when I check, there are no videos in the internal or SD card. The album has nothing in it on the app and the album is grayed out and unselectable in the goggle menu. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPad Pro 12.9.

Thanks

Exact same problem here.
2023-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules