1929 5 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Hey,

I am a pro FPV pilot and I just want to drop a feedback here on what I see missing on the Avata right now after using it few times already:

• 4:3 aspect ratio in 4K, at least in the FPV feed, but better also in the recorded footage. The extra vertical FOV in the FPV feed is critical to have the best perception when doing proximity flying. In post production is also very good to have some room for cropping.
  • 25-30fps in 4K. We want smooth motion blur at 1/50 shutter!
  • Gyro data not only with Wide FOV, but always enabled when EIS is off
  • Possibility to have different exposures in recorded footage and FPV footage (i.e. with different ISO)
  • D-Log color profile in recorded footage, with color boost in FPV feed (like i.e. on the Mavic 2 Pro)
  • Frame grids when using FOV that is not matching the FPV camera one. Right now you don't know what you have in frame
  • Compatibility with existing Air Units and Vistas (c'mon DJI, don't make us bring in the backpack two set of goggles )
  • RAW photos (why not?)
  • A different set of foam padding (right now I have tons of light coming in)

Hope this will help the product development.

Cheers!

2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Giammi. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

Also.....

• Rate curves displayed when adjusting would be super helpful. They are in the simulator but not in the app.
  • Would be great to be able to take off in manual mode if we wanted.
  • Proper fitting Goggles 2. They are an abosolutely shocking fit and hurt my nose. Optics are terrible too. Can't see the edge of the screen. Never had that issue with the Goggles V2.

Thanks.
2022-9-8
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

You're right. Manual take off is also a big piece of funcionality missing!
2022-9-8
Use props
heyitsmike
lvl.1
United States

Giammi Posted at 9-8 01:29
You're right. Manual take off is also a big piece of funcionality missing!

You actually can take off in manual mode. There’s a couple of ways. I saw rotor riot do it in their video. Once everything is in manual mode, just double click the star button and the motors will start. That’s how I learned. I think it’s the same for the dji fpv as well. Another way to start motors is using one of the customizable buttons and set to start motor and off.
2022-9-12
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

heyitsmike Posted at 9-12 23:49
You actually can take off in manual mode. There’s a couple of ways. I saw rotor riot do it in their video. Once everything is in manual mode, just double click the star button and the motors will start. That’s how I learned. I think it’s the same for the dji fpv as well. Another way to start motors is using one of the customizable buttons and set to start motor and off.

Yes, I confirm that it works. You need to set the drone in M mode and then double press the start button.
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules