Pocket 2, DJI Mic and PGYtech Dataport to hotshoe and mount adapter
953 5 2022-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I originally asked this question in the Product use & care section, but was advised to move this here for more replies. The original post is at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=273815, if needed. Mods may also remove the original if needed.

I recently got myself a PGYTech Dataport to hotshoe and universal mount adapter for Osmo Pocket and Pocket 2 (similar to this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hensych ... sion/dp/B07PQW9GWJ# ), my idea being that with it, I could attach the DJI Mic's receiver to the Pocket 2 and hold it compactly with the camera.

However, when I tested it in practice, the receiver felt pretty loose on  the hotshoe slot of the PGYTech adapter. It didn't fall off or anything  like that, but it felt like it could fall away from it if I tried to  use it for any kind of more mobile shooting.

Many times, the hotshoe connectors on video lights, microphones etc.  have a ring for tightening them in the slot, but there is no such thing  on DJI Mic receiver's hotshoe adapter.

Could somebody have good suggestions on how to make the connection more  firm safely, without too many modifications on the DJI MIc or the  PGYTech adapter?

I know I am talking about a third-party item here, so in theory I do  understand if DJI themselves can't give any official support on that,  but on the other hand, this could happen on any other hotshoe connectors the DJI Mic receiver could be attached to, so the solution could involve some  advice related directly to this DJI product.

Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks in advance!

2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who owns the DJI Pocket 2 and uses this accessory can share the best information and recommendation with regard to this matter. Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

Add a little bit of tape to the hot shoe. That should compensate for the extra space which makes the mounting feel loose. You can use black tape if you want it to blend in.
2023-1-10
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 1-10 20:12
Add a little bit of tape to the hot shoe. That should compensate for the extra space which makes the mounting feel loose. You can use black tape if you want it to blend in.

Thanks for the tip, maybe I ought to try that.

Do you mean regular tape (the idea being that the gap becomes smaller) or double-sided tape (the idea being that the stickiness helps the objects inserted to stay put)?
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-11 05:22
Thanks for the tip, maybe I ought to try that.

Do you mean regular tape (the idea being that the gap becomes smaller) or double-sided tape (the idea being that the stickiness helps the objects inserted to stay put)?

I just used painters tape to make the gap smaller and provide a snug fit.
2023-1-11
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 1-11 21:35
I just used painters tape to make the gap smaller and provide a snug fit.

That proved to be a very effective tip. After a couple of small pieces of painter tape on the PGYTech adapter, the DJI Mic stayed snug yet not too tight, and I could also easily use the LED panels instead if I wished so.

Thank you very much for this tip
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules