2515 20 2022-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just wondering if the people that own the DJI FPV and have bought the Avata, are you keeping both or selling your DJI PFV.

I have a DJI FPV and considering an Avata, Just dont know what to do. I would like to fly lower to the ground, and i dont feel comfortable doing that with the FPV, but i would with the Avata.

Just looking for opinions on this...

Thanks in advance...
2022-9-8
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Two different things,

... and yes, both are "necessary", but only one of the Goggles, the (older) FPV V2 of course...
2022-9-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No body wants to buy my DJI FPV
2022-9-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Avata is on its' way. FPV is staying in my fleet for one reason, speed!
2022-9-8
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Both, keeping both!
2022-9-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the FPV and the Avata has just arrived :-)
2022-9-8
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have the DJI FPV and have an Avata on order.  Another option to fly along with my Mini 2.   I got the Avata because my FPV Goggles and controller work with it.  I also have the motion controller.  Bought My FPV used and everything was included.  Now just waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........
2022-9-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 9-8 06:39
I have the DJI FPV and have an Avata on order.  Another option to fly along with my Mini 2.   I got the Avata because my FPV Goggles and controller work with it.  I also have the motion controller.  Bought My FPV used and everything was included.  Now just waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........

this is closest to my situation as well.  late to the dji fpv drone by about a year and will be late to avata as well....so planning next summer avata purchase.
2022-9-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Cauffy,

If you have DJI Fpv , it seems you probably already have Goggles v2 and DJI RC 2 and maybe even motion controller. You could imho get a bare metal Avata without Goggles or controllers, and this way you can just fly it with your existing DJi Fpv  v2 Goggles and DJI RC 2 or motion controller if you have one. I actually have DJI Fpv , but also got Avata. Btw DJI Fpv has one advantage over Avata imho, it has obstacle avoidance in the front, for some reason DJI did not include that on Avata (only bottom sensors are on the Avata drone). So basically right now I have both Avata and DJI Fpv. I heard the camera is better on Avata and the drone is much smaller and just fun too fly. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-8
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I do love the speed of the fpv, just scared to crash it.

I’ve ordered an avata and it suppose to be here tomorrow. Love new gadgets.

Thanks once again
2022-9-8
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have both, Avata arrived yesterday and I flew it for the first time today, forgot to update the FPV remote so I couldn't go into manual mode.  Keeping both, different tool for different job as the saying goes.  All play for me but the saying still works.
2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cauffy. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns both the DJI Avata and the DJI FPV drones can give out these valued insight and the best information with regard to this matter. Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yes, i have both.. dji fpv is faster than avata.
2022-9-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-8 03:22
Two different things,

... and yes, both are "necessary", but only one of the Goggles, the (older) FPV V2 of course...

I have the DJI FPV, and the Avata will be ordered as soon as I get my first paycheck from my new job...only a few weeks now!

I'll be keeping both of them.

In my case, I have a need/desire to be able to give FPV demo rides, with the student/observer having their own set of goggles for the fully immersive FPV experience. When I saw that I could use the V2 Goggles from my existing SJI FPV for that purpose with the Avata, that closed the deal for my decision...as yet unexecuted...to buy the Avata.

When I get it, I'll play around with all the different combinations of aircraft--goggles--controller that are supported, and see which option I like best.

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
Iczeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8288222 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi,

That's a very good question Avata is on the way and will be delivered on Monday. I will keep original FPV V2 and plan is to use them with both drones. My plan is to use Avata for indoor during loooong winter but love the speed and power of original FPV. So I will keep them both and maybe sell mini2 or even not that

PS: don't tell to my girlfriend
2022-9-9
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will be flying both if it gets delivered by the delivery estimate day. I find that flying close to the ground is a lot easier with the FPV Drone in manual mode. My personal record is 0.75m off the ground. When flying like this I tend to keep it in the amber but in the red is a challenge to me. They will both have theier own jobs to do, due to size and controlability. The FPV drone is my power cruiser for wide open and longer ranges than my traditional FPV kwads. The Avata will be my goto Cinewhoop. I was flying the Cinelog30 (which was very good) but the specs and proof that it's a really good cinewhoop alternative made me switch. The flight time for 1 and just the stability of it for 2. I don't fly promo or gigs or real estate, as I just fly for the fun of it. It will certainly be tested in woods, forest, abandoned and over water here in the UK. Really looking forward to the 1st flight.
2022-9-11
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

both. completely different drones for different uses and environmental issues
2022-10-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

caved in and bought avata; i have it now
2022-10-4
Use props
James Ray6
lvl.2
United States

I have them both and I'll be keeping them both. I do Chase videos and for doing aircraft the FPV drone is the only one that will keep up. But I notice when doing ground chases I don't need half the speed. So the Avata will be doing the ground chases.
2022-10-4
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

James Ray6 Posted at 10-4 18:51
I have them both and I'll be keeping them both. I do Chase videos and for doing aircraft the FPV drone is the only one that will keep up. But I notice when doing ground chases I don't need half the speed. So the Avata will be doing the ground chases.

Oops wrong log in period I have both. It's just that now I'll have one for aircraft which is capable of faster speeds and 1 for ground chases which is safer around people
2022-10-4
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

I own both FPV and avata.

For avata, it has its own purpose for:
1. the new goggles is really good with the 1080p resolution which allows me to fly more accurately with clearer vision,
2. the avata is good for indoor and tighter space. I can fly closer to obstacles without worrying the drone hitting it or not. So it allows me to fly more aggressively.

The reason why i keep my FPV:
1. FPV flies faster (140kph) while avata only flies 90kph. When i do car chasing vid, the power and thrust of FPV is much a better choice in such cases
2. FPV is much better to fly under windy situation and outdoor due to its weight and power
3. I dont wanna sell my FPV set for cheap dollars after spending much time on this drone and money too on accessories, i rather have a backup drone to use instead lol

Hope it helps.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules