Reset all settings to factory default
1931 6 2022-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I recently bought a second hand Mavic 2 Pro. Flew it the first time and got a shock when I found the previous owner had changed the controller to Mode 3. After 20 years of flying model aircraft with Mode 2 it is VERY confusing! Imagine trying to drive a car where the pedals steer the car and the steering wheel revs the engine!

Anyhow, it makes me realise I have no idea what other settings might have been changed and I'd rather like to start again with everything back to factory default. I read a lot of posts on here from people trying to factory reset to solve technical problems (and it seems there is no factory reset option apart from reinstalling firmware?) but that's excessive for me. I just want to change the settings back to default.

Is it possible? I couldn't find anything on the controller or app settings so far.
2022-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This should help. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/dji/dji-mavic-2-pro/
2022-9-8
Use props
benw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-8 09:16

Thank you, that is helpful. I suppose I was imagining that there might be a easy button or combination of buttons to press that just turns all the settings back to 'normal' rather than a factory reset. I'm probably overthinking this!
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661165 ft
Romania

I have a RoboMaster S1 which needs reset. Infrared Beam won't fire anymore. Does anyone know how to reset it?
2023-5-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 2022-9-8 09:16

Except that, despite the article's title i.e. "HardReset.info: Hard Reset DJI Mavic 2 Pro" and the article providing the correct link to the the appropriate 'assistant' for the Mavic 2 Pro i.e. the "assistant 2 for mavic", the drone used in the 'assistant' appears as a "Mavic Pro" and  the 'assistant', as shown in the screen captures, is the "DJI Assistant", which may or may not be the name displayed by the "DJI Assistant 2 " which is the 'assistant' for the Mavic Pro.

Sorry about that, a seemingly good article possibly let down by flawed substance.

I will check later, when I get on a window computer, whether or not the "assistant 2 for mavic" offers the reset feature and if the Mavic 2 Pro can use the "DJI Assistant 2" ( my use of capital letters is a bit indiscriminate lol ). But I do seem to remember that the 'assistant' for the Mavic Pro and or the Mavic Pro itself allowed the 'assistant' to do much more that the 'assistant' for the M2P and or the M2P itself, ....... another loss to "new and improved" versions.....  lol
2023-5-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For Benw, BTW I am pretty sure the controller mode setting is stored in the controller not the drone.

Two settings you MUST check,
1) the fail safe setting i.e. what happens if the drone and controller disconnect from one another.
2) the "emergency motor stop" setting or whatever it is called. You need that set to breakdown or emergency-only or similar words and NOT always or anytime or similar words.
The wrong/inappropriate setting of either or both of those could cost you the drone. The latter setting will stop the motors if the CSC position is held for 1.7 seconds or more and the drone could be in midair when that happens. The 'safe', former setting will, in a normal flight, cause the drone descend, under control, in a helix whose speed and diameter depend on the drone's flight mode. (The descent path thing was experimented with with a Mavic Mini, ..... I ain't risking an M2P, but I did experiment with a Hand held mavic 2 pro that 'thought' it was flying and the results suggest the same thing should happen with an M2P, DO NOT attempt to recreate a hand held 'flight' with an M2P, if the props catch you they WILL BITE )

If you are not familiar with obstacle avoidance I would suggest that you switch it off whilst experimenting with the drone close to you and low down,
I would also suggest you read the RTH section of the manual VERY carefully including the behaviour of the failsafe RTH. There is also a selectable behaviour that can modify  the behaviour curing an RTH, it applies when the drone is low relative to the home point and or below the home point, I can't remember its name but it scared the do da out of me in one RTH. From memory I switched it back to the default of off.

2023-5-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 2022-9-8 09:16

I finally remember to test this.
"Assistant 2" might see my mavic 2 but doesn't offer the anything below the first layer of menus, and no reset that I could find.
I do not have a Mavic or Mavic Pro with which to test "Assistant 2".

On the pther hand "Assistant 2 for Mavic" does see my Mavic 2, without question. But I saw no reset option in the firmware submenu.  :-(

2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules