Manual mode won't engage
2986 18 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295174 ft
United States

So i've been trying to use manual mode for a few days now but it wont engage. Ive recalibrated my controller, ive tightened my f2 screw (which tells me to retighten still) ive done the virtual flight training, ive read my manual to see what the issue is and there arent an answers there. I would assume that it should work but when i double tap the start/stop to start the motors nothing happens.
2022-9-9
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Have you activated the manual mode in the settings?
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

FlyLow Posted at 9-9 04:56
Have you activated the manual mode in the settings?

Yes i have also adjusted my settings in the goggles to manual and ive disabled (or enabled?) attitude in the goggles as well
2022-9-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Have you tried engaging it in flight?
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

Depp Posted at 9-9 06:37
Have you tried engaging it in flight?

Yep ive tried that too and still nothing
2022-9-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

The process of going from N/S to Manual can be...sticky.

As best I can tell, being precise about moving the sticks to the green lines as required during the transition, is important.

I find the incessant "Tighten F2" warning to be nothing other than an annoyance. For a while, when I was struggling to overcome the stickiness of the transition, I thought that there might be some kind of mis-adjusted interlock around that, but that's not it.

For my last few Manual mode flights I've left the screws completely untightened, and so far, I think I prefer that. If you're planning to do acro, that might be a bad idea, but I'm not, and I don't see any obvious payoff to tightening the screw for the flying that I actually do.

YMMV

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-9 11:13
The process of going from N/S to Manual can be...sticky.

As best I can tell, being precise about moving the sticks to the green lines as required during the transition, is important.

So basically, the control sticks have to be lined up perfectly in order for manual mode to be engaged?

I mean if thats the case, i have  noticed that my right stick is slightly under center line. I just thought having calibrated the controller it would fix that?
2022-9-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_r93lognqFMl8 Posted at 9-9 18:09
So basically, the control sticks have to be lined up perfectly in order for manual mode to be engaged?

I mean if thats the case, i have  noticed that my right stick is slightly under center line. I just thought having calibrated the controller it would fix that?

I don't think so. I calibrated the controller a couple of times, and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I just saw a vid this morning that mentioned that you need to hold the sticks in position at the end of the green lines for a while. I hadn't considered that, but it seems to be consistent with my experience.

The Furnace that I live in is going to be a bit cooler today, so hopefully I'll get some flying in!

:-)

TCS
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

That's so odd to me tho, because I've seen several videos about it as well and I don't get a pop up screen with those green lines. I'm wondering if it's a software thing at this point.
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-10 09:24
I don't think so. I calibrated the controller a couple of times, and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I just saw a vid this morning that mentioned that you need to hold the sticks in position at the end of the green lines for a while. I hadn't considered that, but it seems to be consistent with my experience.

But heck yea man! I hope you get some flying in too!
2022-9-12
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Not soon. The level of smoke being dumped on us from California is good for neither me, nor the drones...

:-(

TCS
2022-9-13
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

The throttle stick should be down, maybe that's your problem with Manual take-off.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

FlyLow Posted at 9-16 06:58
The throttle stick should be down, maybe that's your problem with Manual take-off.

My throttle stick is down when i try to engage manual mode.
2022-9-16
Use props
DronesJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4861152 ft
Canada

djiuser_r93lognqFMl8 Posted at 9-9 18:09

When engaging manual mode after takeoff, you need to not only line up the sticks to the prompt in the goggles, but also hold them steady there for a second or so.

I think the idea behind this is they want to make sure the sticks are in a stable position when it switches to manual mode because if it would allow the change at any level of stick deflection, it could immediately go out of control.

When taking off with manual mode engaged, throttle must be at 0 and then double tap start/stop.
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

That's the thing tho, I'm not getting any sort of prompt telling me to align the control sticks. I'll try to engage in manual mode, my throttle stick will be at zero, the right stick is dead center, I'll double tap the start/stop and nothing.

I'm at my wits end tbh, Idk what to do at this other then emailing support and seeing what they tell me.
2022-9-20
Use props
Masterblaster2k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879820 ft
Germany

djiuser_r93lognqFMl8 Posted at 9-20 10:07
That's the thing tho, I'm not getting any sort of prompt telling me to align the control sticks. I'll try to engage in manual mode, my throttle stick will be at zero, the right stick is dead center, I'll double tap the start/stop and nothing.

I'm at my wits end tbh, Idk what to do at this other then emailing support and seeing what they tell me.

Hello,

Did you got it running properly?
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_r93lognqFMl8
lvl.2
United States

I did, it took me a few tries but I got it to work
2022-10-10
Use props
Masterblaster2k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879820 ft
Germany

djiuser_r93lognqFMl8 Posted at 10-10 03:42

Thx.
Are you starting the dji in sport mode?
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_4lf5xqxZwRHd
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_r93lognqFMl8 Posted at 2022-10-10 03:42

What did you do to get it running properly? I have this exact same issue and support can't assist in anyway.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules