DJI Fly 1.7.4 broke my RC Pro
1340 17 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans33ffb39a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293560 ft
United States

After updating the RC Pro to 1.7.4 this morning, the app continually crashed on the RC Pro when connected to both the Mavic 3 and the Air2S.  I ended up having to uninstall app updates on the RC Pro and then reinstall the 1.7.0 APK to get DJI fly back to the last usable version.  Not sure if anyone else is experiencing issues with the latest update, but hopefully it was just a glitch for me.  As a sidenote, it was impossible for me to locate the 1.7.0 APK on the DJI support site using the RC Pro.  I had to use a mirror download.
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Just installed and went for a shakedown fly. No problems with RC Pro and Air 2S here.
2022-9-9
Use props
fans33ffb39a
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-9 08:32
Just installed and went for a shakedown fly. No problems with RC Pro and Air 2S here.

Great news!  I was hoping it just a fluke on my end.  Regardless, I learned how to revert to the previous version if it happens again.  I will try it again off the clock.  Happy flying!
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

This may be helpful in future. Gavin HR has archived most of the Fly versions here - https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... pW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5
2022-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans33ffb39a Posted at 9-9 08:37
Great news!  I was hoping it just a fluke on my end.  Regardless, I learned how to revert to the previous version if it happens again.  I will try it again off the clock.  Happy flying!

Hopefully the second try will work out for you.  I installed it this morning but due to the on and off rain showers I was just able to complete a short flight using the RC Pro and Air 2S and had no issues.  

Could have just been a bad download.  Anyway hope it works out for you this time around.
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I spoke too soon. Doing a sunset lapse this evening, every time I tried to check the map and Airsense, the app crashed.
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Plus, every time the app crashed, it started a new flight log. I ran it back to 1.7.0
2022-9-9
Use props
fans33ffb39a
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-9 17:21
Plus, every time the app crashed, it started a new flight log. I ran it back to 1.7.0

Darn, I was hoping it was just me. I am going to hold off on trying again to see if there is another point release soon.
2022-9-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't often fly the M3 Cine, and my RC pro is sitting in the case.... I'll dig it out later and see if the latest version does the same for me.
2022-9-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a quick follow-up here.  I apparently have the same app crash.  Very re-creatable.
2022-9-12
Use props
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10365945 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same here, just updated and it kept crashing. Had to rollback to 1.7.0. Hopefully they can fix this rather asap!
2022-9-13
Use props
bhallapple
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6587844 ft
United States

Had same issue.  Installed and reinstalled as per support.  Still had issue.  Then found by accident that changing airsense so low risk was not checked in maps seem to stop app from stopping
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

bhallapple Posted at 9-13 17:07
Had same issue.  Installed and reinstalled as per support.  Still had issue.  Then found by accident that changing airsense so low risk was not checked in maps seem to stop app from stopping

Install 1.7.0
2022-9-13
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128343 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  I purchased an Air 2s a couple weeks ago and the few ~30 minute test flights I did went flawlessly.  Then I must have updated the app last week when updating firmware.  I had my first 2 wedding to use this with this weekend and it was crashing every 2-4 minutes.  I tried accessing the Gavin HR site as linked above through the controller.  I can get to the site but how do I actually install the 1.7.0 file? When I click on it nothing happens.  When I double click on it is highlights blue but then nothing happens.  

I was able to uninstall the 1.7.4 version and it reverted to 1.4.something factory software.  I just do not see how to update it to one of the more recent versions (but obviously not 1.7.4)
2022-9-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Lampy Posted at 9-18 11:33
I have the same issue.  I purchased an Air 2s a couple weeks ago and the few ~30 minute test flights I did went flawlessly.  Then I must have updated the app last week when updating firmware.  I had my first 2 wedding to use this with this weekend and it was crashing every 2-4 minutes.  I tried accessing the Gavin HR site as linked above through the controller.  I can get to the site but how do I actually install the 1.7.0 file? When I click on it nothing happens.  When I double click on it is highlights blue but then nothing happens.  

I was able to uninstall the 1.7.4 version and it reverted to 1.4.something factory software.  I just do not see how to update it to one of the more recent versions (but obviously not 1.7.4)

Download 1.7.0 from the site. Look in the downloads folder. Double tap the file to install. If it asks permission, choose yes.
2022-9-18
Use props
fans3c2cbcaf
lvl.2
United States

RC Pro updated to 1.7.5 this morning.  Went to fly the Mavic 3 and the crashes were worse than ever.  Reverted back to stock version and then upgraded to 1.7.0 once again and everything was flawless.  Has anyone heard a response from DJI about this issue?  I'm surprised they have not jumped on this thread....
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_2XhLXPwTTIwm
lvl.1

French Polynesia

Anyone tried 1.7.8 ?
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

It works great! Cine mode expo settings have been added.
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules