2196 8 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CollectiveHunch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1274459 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello - I have the ronin 4d and wireless monitor. I’ve also pre-ordered a second dji transmission system and additional monitor to use with my sony FX9 for documentary work.

I’m concerned that the fan noise on the monitor is quite loud! Far too loud to film quiet documentary scenes where my director would be using the remote monitor in the same space. I currently use a Teradek 7” directors monitor system in this way with no problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this fan noise? And if so, is it possible that someone at DJI could address this with a future firmware update?

Thanks,
Zac
2022-9-9
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a check - we were doing a drama last week with it and the spans should spind down during the a take?

We had no issues.
2022-9-10
Use props
danielson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2217149 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

It's definitly very loud. I wouldn't want to have the monitor in the same room during sound recording.
I have the impression, that the monitor was much quiter before the last firmeware update.
2022-9-11
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

monitor makes loud fan sound. dji always has problem with everything
2022-10-5
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21768 ft
New Zealand

Testing today the theory of fans winding down when a record flag is detected. Unusable for dialogue otherwise.
2022-10-11
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We used it in a dialogue heavy location sound setting.

No issues. And certainly not as loud as Red Epics were etc.
2022-10-12
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21768 ft
New Zealand

Marty_Smith Posted at 10-11 09:54
Testing today the theory of fans winding down when a record flag is detected. Unusable for dialogue otherwise.

Fans on transmitter stayed on and loud while rolling. The transmitter cannot be in the same room for quiet dialogue.
2022-10-12
Use props
djiuser_mrBCKZz14W6E
New

United Kingdom

I was really excited about this product, but the fan noise renders it completely unusable for me. I work mainly on reality TV shows and it’s just too loud to be used in that environment. It’s a real shame as the product looks great and the transmitter, with the Tilta V mount attachments, slots onto the back of a Sony FX9 really nicely.

I’m begrudgingly going to have to send it back and stick on my old wireless system for now
2022-10-31
Use props
Socal2200
New

United States

DJI,
Love the concept and the look of the DJI transmission package.
Is there any discussion on firmware options to limit this fan noise on the high bright and transmitter? Unusable for any scene in a location interior with dialogue. I as well ordered three units and will be sending back if this is not a potential. Definitely the loudest piece of new equipment I have ever seen.
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules