DJI mini 2 cannot transfer images with GPS EXIF data to iPhone
1385 8 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LL0815
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3950 ft
Germany

using DJI Fly app in normal as well as quick transfer mode i cannot get my transfereed images to contain the GPS information. What steps do I need to follow to not have this data stripped from the files transfered to iPhone. The drone does correctly write GPS to EXIF data as it is available when looking at the SD card on a computer directly.

Thanks
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been a long running bug with the fly app,  its truly best just to remove the sd card for transfers.
2022-9-10
Use props
LL0815
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 00:26
This has been a long running bug with the fly app,  its truly best just to remove the sd card for transfers.

Appreciate the answer - not really a solution though as I find it very annoying that this bug messes up the workflow entirely.

Instead of Drone - QuickConnect - iPhone - done
it is now
go home - remove SD - transfer to Laptop - sync to cloud - download on iphone - possibly correct EXIF data... what a nightmare...
2022-9-10
Use props
LL0815
lvl.1
Germany

LL0815 Posted at 9-10 04:01
Appreciate the answer - not really a solution though as I find it very annoying that this bug messes up the workflow entirely.

especially as it seems to occasionally work. have not yet been able to consistently replicate / identify when it does but will spend a few hours to see if there is a way.
2022-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LL0815 Posted at 9-10 04:01

If you shoot raw or AEB you have to do that anyway as those images have never synced.   The fly app has never worked properly which is sad as go4 did.
2022-9-10
Use props
LL0815
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 04:19
If you shoot raw or AEB you have to do that anyway as those images have never synced.   The fly app has never worked properly which is sad as go4 did.
Found an reproduceable and acceptable workaround:
1) Take pictures to your liking
2) Turn off RC
3) Enter Quick Connect mode on drone and mobile
4) for each picture to transfer (…I know…:/ ) disable the auto-improvement icon (wand at the bottom right)
5) batch select and transfer to iPhone
Et voila, geotags!

Hope it works for & helps others too.
2022-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LL0815 Posted at 9-11 22:00
2) Turn off RC

Just make sure you dont have many files on the SD card or you will be waiting a long time for the album to populate.  
2022-9-11
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

LL0815 Posted at 9-11 22:00
2) Turn off RC

I don't have the wand icon or any Auto improvement setting.

Turns out the EXIF data is in the downloaded JPEG.  The timestamp is incorrect when downloaded but is in the "I" icon.
2022-10-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules