12Next >
13945 63 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

So according to a list published by the FAA on Sep. 9th, titled "UAS Declaration of Compliance", it seems that our Mini 3 Pro is now recognized as Remote ID compliant.
I'm not sure if this means the Mini 3 Pro will begin broadcasting its location, and even worse: The location of the RC, for anyone flying it in the USA starting Dec. 2022, but this is something any of us flying in the USA should be aware of. Link here.

2022-9-9
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

I fear something similar will follow soon in Europe. But hey, we already have DJI Aeroscope, which is nearly the same.

What I find pretty alarming regarding RemoteID is, that it's data traffic is not encrypted, which allows misuse. In my opinion this data traffic should be only readable be authorities, e.g. police. Unencrypted traffic though can be tracked by anyone.

For Europe I have a bit of hope, that European data protection law will help. Maybe the stuff gets encrypted in Europe?

2022-9-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

my understanding is the date has changed from september 2022 to december 2022.

either way, we don't need to have our mini 3 pro drone broadcast until september 2023 and i would rather not broadcast until then....even if it is capable.

if this comes in the form of a sw update this year, i'm afraid the drone will broadcast (early) and you cannot do anything to stop it.

does the mini 3 pro show the required ANSI Serial Number (or Remote ID Serial Number) so you can register it correctly?
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Complete list as of now. Compliance has been pushed back to December 2022.
2022-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So what does this actually mean, that it will tx information such as serial number perhaps? Or is its more than that and tx your Operator ID (or your countries equivalent)

I am sure in the DJI Go 4 app that i had added my personal details under the remote ID section, such as full name and phone number, that way whomever needed to could contact me. Not come across this yet in the Fly app, or if i have, i cant glossed over it and can't remember lol
2022-9-9
Use props
Drohnenfieber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310840 ft
Germany

Does the M3P even support RemoteID? Isn't there a chip needed for which is not build in right now?
2022-9-9
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Drohnenfieber Posted at 9-9 20:54
Does the M3P even support RemoteID? Isn't there a chip needed for which is not build in right now?

Having received the compliance declaration, it is my guess that the Mini 3 Pro is already equipped with the required hardware. Most probably it is currently turned off, and some future firmware update will make it work for any drone flying in the US. I wonder what effect will that have on the battery life.
2022-9-9
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

The identification system is already running in Japan. In other countries, the Mini 3 will receive remote identification via firmware update. Hardware has been prepared for this since first prototype.
source: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 25987/#post-1439650

2022-9-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-9 14:14

either way, we don't need to have our mini 3 pro drone broadcast until september 2023 and i would rather not broadcast until then....even if it is capable.

We I have not upgraded since the original firmware so won’t affect me
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think there's been a mistake,  the Avata is on the list but it doesnt have a GPS in the motion controller or googles so cannot broadcast the pilots location.
2022-9-10
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 00:41
I think there's been a mistake,  the Avata is on the list but it doesnt have a GPS in the motion controller or googles so cannot broadcast the pilots location.

The Avata is able to mark the location of the Home Point at all times. It is marked on the goggles app. So GPS or not - the drone "knows" where the pilot is, hence it can broadcast that information.
2022-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 9-10 00:52
The Avata is able to mark the location of the Home Point at all times. It is marked on the goggles app. So GPS or not - the drone "knows" where the pilot is, hence it can broadcast that information.

Without a GPS it cannot know if the pilot moves which is part of the requirement -

2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems we will get a firmware update in December to meet compliance, which is similar to what DJI just did to meet RID requirements in Japan.  
2022-9-10
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 05:19
Seems we will get a firmware update in December to meet compliance, which is similar to what DJI just did to meet RID requirements in Japan.

DJI isn't doing so well with their FW updates so far. I can’t wait…
2022-9-10
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Yes recognized as Remote ID compliant,however with regular battery 249 grams, No registration,not affected by remote id.
2022-9-10
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Even if it did support remote iD it is a 249 gram drone and will be unaffected by remote ID.
As long as you do not use the + size battery.
2022-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-10 07:54
Even if it did support remote iD it is a 249 gram drone and will be unaffected by remote ID.
As long as you do not use the + size battery.

unfortunately the mini 3 pro will still need to be remote id complaint since there is at least one valid use case.  the only time where remote id is not required is for a toy drone flown by a recreational pilot.  since remote id can't be manipulated by the pilot, that use case is rendered moot.  in the end, if you are a recreational pilot and you fly the lightweight mini 3 pro for fun, after september 2022 as it stands now, your toy drone will be broadcasting even tho the law does not make it a requirement.  this is how i believe dji will implement.
2022-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

It already does.  Every DJI drone since Phantom has done so.  All the telemetry and ID is sent completely unencrypted in the data stream.  Thats how Aeroscope (and third party tools) can display it.
2022-9-10
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-10 08:13
unfortunately the mini 3 pro will still need to be remote id complaint since there is at least one valid use case.  the only time where remote id is not required is for a toy drone flown by a recreational pilot.  since remote id can't be manipulated by the pilot, that use case is rendered moot.  in the end, if you are a recreational pilot and you fly the lightweight mini 3 pro for fun, after september 2022 as it stands now, your toy drone will be broadcasting even tho the law does not make it a requirement.  this is how i believe dji will implement.

Yes the mini 3 pro will still be compliant as all new dji drones,and other manufacturers.
As they all have until now December 2022.However the mini 3 pro with regular,not the +
battery will be exempt from remote ID , because of the 249 gram weight. Aeroscope is
a different matter.
2022-9-10
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-10 18:33
Yes the mini 3 pro will still be compliant as all new dji drones,and other manufacturers.
As they all have until now December 2022.However the mini 3 pro with regular,not the +
battery will be exempt from remote ID , because of the 249 gram weight. Aeroscope is

In effect nothing about the mini 3 pro regarding remote ID starting in Sept. 2023 will be effected.
Long story short no registration required ,no remote ID required ,simple as that.
2022-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ok, smart guy, answer this question:  you are a recreational flyer legally flying your 249g drone (unmodified) that you purchased in january 2024, and you lift off from the park bench.  it's a yes or no question:  will your drone broadcast remote-id details?  yes or no.
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 9-10 07:45
DJI isn't doing so well with their FW updates so far. I can’t wait…

No doubt about a few issues lately with FW updates.
2022-9-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, The Saint is correct in this situation.  If you are flying solely for recreational purposes and are under 250 grams, then Remote ID is not required.  However, even if you are flying a <250 gram drone under 107, the drone is required to be registered and thus requires it to be RID compliance as of the deadline date.  Any drone that is required to be registered must be RID compliant after the deadline.
2022-9-11
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-10 19:49
ok, smart guy, answer this question:  you are a recreational flyer legally flying your 249g drone (unmodified) that you purchased in january 2024, and you lift off from the park bench.  it's a yes or no question:  will your drone broadcast remote-id details?  yes or no.

Why must we have to be so nasty on here all the time,I would answer your question but not to an
individual that does not reason with  people. not worth my time.

2022-9-11
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 9-11 04:51
Actually, The Saint is correct in this situation.  If you are flying solely for recreational purposes and are under 250 grams, then Remote ID is not required.  However, even if you are flying a

Yes I am aware of flying for rec.purposes and the mini 3 pro,does not need to be registered
therefore no remote ID. And yes if not for rec. purposes or otherwise such as using the + battery
that puts it over the 249 grams then need registration,and thus remote ID required.
Have a good day.
2022-9-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-11 08:07
Why must we have to be so nasty on here all the time,I would answer your question but not to an
individual that does not reason with  people. not worth my time.

you keep coming back with conditions under which the drone does not have to be remote id compliant.  it's a question for the manufacturer, not for the pilot.  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly light or heavy and then comply (or not).  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly recreational or commercial and then comply (or not).  once the manufacturer decides to comply (and thus broadcast), that drone will forever transmit regardless of it's weight or where it is registered or not or how it flies.  and,  any pilot who thinks they are flying with a sub-250g drone and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.  any pilot who thinks they are flying for fun and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.

the proper implementation for remote-id does not allow transmit to be turned off under any conditions.  when you post your exceptions, if you could just understand that it's moot once the manufacturer decides, perhaps people will think you know what you are talking about.   but you don't include that because you haven't thought it through.  as pilots, we simply don't have these options (because it's not practical).  after december 2022, it's never going to be a question that gets asked:  whether you are flying recreational or commercial?  whether you are sub 250 or not?  instead the only relevant question will be "does this drone has remote id built in or not?"  and if it doesn't, it's probably a useless toy.  im not mad at you; why this aspect of remote id is important is another topic, but it's the faa's fault; it's a trap.

the answer to my question is:  YES
2022-9-11
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-11 10:40
you keep coming back with conditions under which the drone does not have to be remote id compliant.  it's a question for the manufacturer, not for the pilot.  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly light or heavy and then comply (or not).  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly recreational or commercial and then comply (or not).  once the manufacturer decides to comply (and thus broadcast), that drone will forever transmit regardless of it's weight or where it is registered or not or how it flies.  and,  any pilot who thinks they are flying with a sub-250g drone and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.  any pilot who thinks they are flying for fun and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.

the proper implementation for remote-id does not allow transmit to be turned off under any conditions.  when you post your exceptions, if you could just understand that it's moot once the manufacturer decides, perhaps people will think you know what you are talking about.   but you don't include that because you haven't thought it through.  as pilots, we simply don't have these options (because it's not practical).  after december 2022, it's never going to be a question that gets asked:  whether you are flying recreational or commercial?  whether you are sub 250 or not?  instead the only relevant question will be "does this drone has remote id built in or not?"  and if it doesn't, it's probably a useless toy.  im not mad at you; why this aspect of remote id is important is another topic, but it's the faa's fault; it's a trap.

However your take off location is not being recorded,in which it would be under remote ID.
law enforcement ,I am leaving Aeroscope out of it,and the FAA do not know your takeoff precise location.
Your answer in which I was not going to give is in effect both yes and no.
And yes I keep coming back to the mini 3 pro exempt from remote ID for a reason.
Because it is exempt from the remote ID period.
What you are talking about here are two different matters.
Whatever answer I would give would not be the right one ,in your eyes so I went with both.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,and should not knocked for that.
2022-9-11
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-9 14:14

Yeah, you can do something about it. Keep your drone from communicating to the internet especially if the firmware is being delivered as a mandatory update. You don't need an internet connection to fly. Once you are close to the compliance date, allow your drone to access the internet and update. If not, keep your drone off the internet permanently. It's that simple.
2022-9-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-11 11:03
However your take off location is not being recorded,in which it would be under remote ID.
law enforcement ,I am leaving Aeroscope out of it,and the FAA do not know your takeoff precise location.
Your answer in which I was not going to give is in effect both yes and no.

FAA webpage for compliant drones includes Mini 3 Pro, therefore it will broadcast RID.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
RID        RID000000001        DJI        Mini 3 Pro                Accepted        9.9.2022
2022-9-12
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-12 13:26
FAA webpage for compliant drones includes Mini 3 Pro, therefore it will broadcast RID.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
RID        RID000000001        DJI        Mini 3 Pro                Accepted        9.9.2022

No ,It means it is under FAA law being compliant as all of the new dji drones and
other manufacturers.It does not automatically mean that it will broadcast RID.
Why do you think they created a sub 249 gram drone in the first place.If the mini 3 pro
does not have to be registered,for rec. purposes ,then no remote ID for the mini drone
will be required.
2022-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wanna know if DJI will implement this even if its not needed, take a look at the NONE SALE of the Plus battery in the UK for example, we can legally fly with the Plus battery here in the UK but DJI will not sell it here because, the EU and sub 250g is written in stone and the UK have yet to change this even though we can fly legally in other classes, or for example sub 500g or the under the transitional period rules. But sadly DJI has taken it upon themselves to be the law in this matter and not follow the countries law, another example is, at present the UK sub 250g is actually MOTW, meaning is its not restricted like it is when its under the MOTM, its quite clear on that matter yet DJI are being glassy eyed about it.

So, after reading that, do you still think DJI is gonna hold off just because it's a sub 250g? nu uh, not a chance, it will be across the board, all that can transmit it will transmit it.
Heck, I could be wrong of course but my feeling is as I have said above, I mean that's if this last year has taught us anything.

The 1st paragraph is fact, the rest is opinion.
2022-9-12
Use props
i00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81598 ft
Australia

I thought it was compliant because it was <250g and therefore did not require it?
2022-9-12
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-11 10:40
you keep coming back with conditions under which the drone does not have to be remote id compliant.  it's a question for the manufacturer, not for the pilot.  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly light or heavy and then comply (or not).  pilots won't have a choice whether to fly recreational or commercial and then comply (or not).  once the manufacturer decides to comply (and thus broadcast), that drone will forever transmit regardless of it's weight or where it is registered or not or how it flies.  and,  any pilot who thinks they are flying with a sub-250g drone and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.  any pilot who thinks they are flying for fun and "exempt from remote id" is fooling themselves.

the proper implementation for remote-id does not allow transmit to be turned off under any conditions.  when you post your exceptions, if you could just understand that it's moot once the manufacturer decides, perhaps people will think you know what you are talking about.   but you don't include that because you haven't thought it through.  as pilots, we simply don't have these options (because it's not practical).  after december 2022, it's never going to be a question that gets asked:  whether you are flying recreational or commercial?  whether you are sub 250 or not?  instead the only relevant question will be "does this drone has remote id built in or not?"  and if it doesn't, it's probably a useless toy.  im not mad at you; why this aspect of remote id is important is another topic, but it's the faa's fault; it's a trap.

I did not say the mini 3 pro does not have to be compliant,yes it does and I already know that.
All manufacturers have to be compliant as of December 2022.It will be exempt from Remote Id.
Just check around and you will find it out all over the place.
The answer to your question is NO.
All drones made have to be remote ID compliant by dec.2022 it is the new law.
Just because the mini 3 pro is going to be compliant,it has to be by the new law,does not
mean it will have to broadcast remote ID.I am talking only about Rec. flying and under the 249
gram limit. Hence no registration required,and for the final time NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED.
2022-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-12 22:28
I did not say the mini 3 pro does not have to be compliant,yes it does and I already know that.
All manufacturers have to be compliant as of December 2022.It will be exempt from Remote Id.
Just check around and you will find it out all over the place.

wow, im not even sure how to respond.

good job, faa!
2022-9-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

From DJI's website _ All DJI drones already transmit a type of RID!
https://enterprise.dji.com/news/ ... te-id-in-utm-system

DJI’s AeroScope is a Remote ID system that provides authorized users with the location, altitude, speed and direction of every DJI drone within radio range, as well as the location of the drone pilot and the serial number of the drone. Authorized users such as airports and police departments can see this information displayed on a computer map for every drone within the multi-mile range of AeroScope’s antennae. This telemetry information is broadcast directly from the drone to the AeroScope receiver, allowing authorities to identify and track those drones, and take action if any of them raise concerns.

National aviation regulators understand that Remote ID will be a key component of future Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems, which will simultaneously track drones and traditional aircraft in crowded airspace. Government agencies, academic centers and private companies are developing UTM prototypes to prevent conflicts and collisions, watch for unauthorized aircraft in restricted areas, and protect controlled airspace from unexpected intrusions.
2022-9-13
Use props
tomservo
New
United States

I think there’s some (admittedly small) hope that the Mini 3 Pro will only broadcast Remote ID info when the plus battery is installed.  I’m not holding my breath but for some that is the whole point of compromising on a <250g drone.
2022-9-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-13 08:05
From DJI's website _ All DJI drones already transmit a type of RID!
https://enterprise.dji.com/news/detail/aeroscope-enables-remote-id-in-utm-system

Yes all is known about aeroscope.
And being A TYPE OF RID
2022-9-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-13 09:35
Yes all is known about aeroscope.
And being A TYPE OF RID

Then your Min 3 Pro already has remote ID implemented, so why would they not enable the FAA version if it is even a different version of RID? Even if it is under 249 grams, many use the Mini 3 pro for commercial uses, therefore RID will be enabled. The question is will they have a switch to turn it off, I doubt it.
2022-9-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tomservo Posted at 9-13 09:28
I think there’s some (admittedly small) hope that the Mini 3 Pro will only broadcast Remote ID info when the plus battery is installed.  I’m not holding my breath though.  For some that is the whole point of compromising on a

as you know, remote id must be transmitted on a drone regardless of weight when it is used for commercial purposes.  i don't see how it is possible for dji to determine if a flight is recreational or commercial in order to transmit remote id.  it is likely that each and every single mini 3 pro (with the latest sw version) will transmit faa-style remote id regardless of type of flight or weight or battery utilization.

your only hope (as mentioned earlier) is to use a pre-remote-id version of sw or hack the sw.  it was also mentioned earlier that dji is keenly aware of regional regulations when it comes to selling accessories and the fact that the extended battery is sold in america likely means faa-style remote-id will be turned on and transmitted by all mini 3 pro drones starting with the special sw.
2022-9-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-13 09:56
Then your Min 3 Pro already has remote ID implemented, so why would they not enable the FAA version if it is even a different version of RID? Even if it is under 249 grams, many use the Mini 3 pro for commercial uses, therefore RID will be enabled. The question is will they have a switch to turn it off, I doubt it.

according to the faa, the proper implementation of remote id calls for no ability by the pilot to turn on/off remote id.  i do think it is possible for the mini 3 pro to have faa-style remote id sw available shortly with remote id turned off no transmit (still compliant) and ready to turn on permanently when required (sept 2023).
2022-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules