Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pastime Posted at 9-12 22:28
I did not say the mini 3 pro does not have to be compliant,yes it does and I already know that.
All manufacturers have to be compliant as of December 2022.It will be exempt from Remote Id.
Just check around and you will find it out all over the place.

NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

Like I've already said, DJI do that already for the plus battery when in fact we in the UK can use that battery legally they still will not sell to us. Whilst its slightly different, its still the same principle.

They will enable it across the board and be done with it.
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Part of the LAW in the U.S. states that RID must not be able to be bypassed, defeated or turned off. This means the Mini 3 RID WILL be active at all times once it is fully implemented.
2022-9-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-13 18:12
NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

Only time will tell
2022-9-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-13 18:12
NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

I am kinda done going against the other drone pilots on here.You all may be right
in the end and the remote ID for the mini 3 pro may be turned on all the time.
Even though it is a 249 gram drone and suppose to be exempt from remote ID.
Heck if that is the case I may as well replace my air 2 with a mavic 3 and be done
with it.I like the form factor of the mini 3 along with my air 2.
Which leads me to if anyone can help with this,I am wondering if the air 2 will be RID compliant
Through firmware or software upgrade or if I will end up sticking a goofy module on it.
Too everyone I had issues with on here about this topic I apologize for acting like that.
This topic can get a person on edge.
Have a good evening
2022-9-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-13 19:13
I am kinda done going against the other drone pilots on here.You all may be right
in the end and the remote ID for the mini 3 pro may be turned on all the time.
Even though it is a 249 gram drone and suppose to be exempt from remote ID.

i believe dji waived their "exemption" when they filed for compliance.  faa makes the rules but it's the manufacturer's call, not the pilot.

but we'll see what actually happens.
2022-9-14
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-14 19:52
i believe dji waived their "exemption" when they filed for compliance.  faa makes the rules but it's the manufacturer's call, not the pilot.

but we'll see what actually happens.

It is going to be interesting,anything can happen i guess.
Have a good one.
2022-9-14
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

As a result of my experiments, I noticed that the Mini 3 pro from the firmware version that I can install, i.e. 1.00.0100, already has Remote ID broadcasting via WIFI. I checked it with the Drone Scanner application. I checked the Remote ID using RM-330 DJIFly 1.9.0 and RC-N1 DJIFLY 1.6.1. Tested under CE and FCC mode in Europe. Same result in both cases. All options in DJIFLY except the required Approximate Location Info were disabled. At the same time, I made a test using mini 2 v.1.3.0000 and here the remote id was unavailable as expected. Unfortunately, DJI is not being honest with users, claiming that remote id is only enabled in the US and Japan for now.

2022-12-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

it is my understanding that for those who do not want to use remote id (for whatever legal reason), you can choose not to activate it and you'll only get error message(s).  however, once you activate it, you cannot go back and shut it off.  this would satisfy those who fly under 250 recreational and flyers in countries where remote id is not required.  this is what i hear; could be wrong.
2022-12-21
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

I hope you read carefully what I wrote after doing the experiments. Remote ID via WiFi is already a fact on the mini 3 pro and a few other models, probably from the beginning of its release. This may be a further development of Drone ID. The rest of the noise around Remote ID concerns transmission via the Internet to the relevant services.
2022-12-21
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

nOxxxx Posted at 12-21 11:14
As a result of my experiments, I noticed that the Mini 3 pro from the firmware version that I can install, i.e. 1.00.0100, already has Remote ID broadcasting via WIFI. I checked it with the Drone Scanner application. I checked the Remote ID using RM-330 DJIFly 1.9.0 and RC-N1 DJIFLY 1.6.1. Tested under CE and FCC mode in Europe. Same result in both cases. All options in DJIFLY except the required Approximate Location Info were disabled. At the same time, I made a test using mini 2 v.1.3.0000 and here the remote id was unavailable as expected. Unfortunately, DJI is not being honest with users, claiming that remote id is only enabled in the US and Japan for now.

You got me interested.
I live in Israel. Checked using Drone Scanner, and apparently, my Mini 3 Pro isn't broadcasting any Remote ID information. So, as it seems, here - it is not operating just yet.
2022-12-21
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Did you check in flight? The Remote ID information appears a few seconds after the aircraft takes off.
2022-12-21
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

nOxxxx Posted at 12-21 23:38
Did you check in flight? The Remote ID information appears a few seconds after the aircraft takes off.

Interesting! I just checked my Mini 3 Pro, in flight, with current firmware for RC and aircraft, and here in Germany, Drone Scanner can't see it.
2022-12-22
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

nOxxxx Posted at 12-21 23:38

No, It was on the ground. But if you're saying it doesn't transmit any data while on the ground, I will also check it inflight and come back with the results.
2022-12-22
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Andreja Posted at 12-22 00:16
Interesting! I just checked my Mini 3 Pro, in flight, with current firmware for RC and aircraft, and here in Germany, Drone Scanner can't see it.

Please retest, I'm sure there's a bug somewhere. You need to focus on whether you are scanning the correct 2.4 or 5.8GHz frequency, and whether the smartphone supports the WiFi NAN protocol.
2022-12-22
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

I dont get why people are so angry that their location may be broadcast...  given all the incidents of airspace incursions,  people ignoring FAA rules,  people spying and peeping on people, etc...  These rules are there because people keep pushing the limits or causing issues.   if I am flying the drone I shouldn't do anything with it that I wouldn't want someone to know where the ground station is or who is flying it.
2022-12-22
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-12 13:26
FAA webpage for compliant drones includes Mini 3 Pro, therefore it will broadcast RID.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
RID        RID000000001        DJI        Mini 3 Pro                Accepted        9.9.2022

Huh that's interesting that the M3P was the first drone model to get RID approval it seems?
2022-12-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-22 11:03
I dont get why people are so angry that their location may be broadcast...  given all the incidents of airspace incursions,  people ignoring FAA rules,  people spying and peeping on people, etc...  These rules are there because people keep pushing the limits or causing issues.   if I am flying the drone I shouldn't do anything with it that I wouldn't want someone to know where the ground station is or who is flying it.

we'll at least we know there's one america that doesn't believe in freedom, who'd have known it!
2022-12-22
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-22 11:29
we'll at least we know there's one america that doesn't believe in freedom, who'd have known it!

Umm, I fly my drone all over... Not sure what freedom of yours is being impeded.  But you also can't drive a car without a license or registering it,  etc...  Umm there are basic rules for reasons.  If you do stuff with your drone that you are afraid that someone will know who is piloting it... you are probably already well on the other side of the law.

But hey, cry about it.
2022-12-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-23 12:21
Umm, I fly my drone all over... Not sure what freedom of yours is being impeded.  But you also can't drive a car without a license or registering it,  etc...  Umm there are basic rules for reasons.  If you do stuff with your drone that you are afraid that someone will know who is piloting it... you are probably already well on the other side of the law.

But hey, cry about it.

so un-america.  you have lost sight of what it means to be free.
2022-12-23
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-23 13:26
so un-america.  you have lost sight of what it means to be free.

Yeah, one of us for sure has some kind of warped perspective on what "america" is or was...    And it's not me (especially given one of my primary skillsets is north American history and political studies).  But hey, you do you, cry about it a lot.   

I'm sure you are equally angry DJI blocks you from flying into controlled airspace or over airports for fun and games.
2022-12-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-23 14:36
Yeah, one of us for sure has some kind of warped perspective on what "america" is or was...    And it's not me (especially given one of my primary skillsets is north American history and political studies).  But hey, you do you, cry about it a lot.   

I'm sure you are equally angry DJI blocks you from flying into controlled airspace or over airports for fun and games.

fine/ok for dji to do whatever they want (within the law).  they are a private company and if i don't like it, i can kick rocks.  but i'm not the one asking my own government to step up with the tracking and increase the fines and add a bunch more nonsensical rules and regulations to prevent these mysterious drone crimes and ridiculous damage and destruction caused by semi-automatic drones.

nobody is invading controlled airspace with drones having fun and games with the airport, that's a myth...and it's sad that you believe it and therefore advocate for more sanctions against the people.  the cry you are hearing is the cry for freedom but you wouldn't recognize it because you're exactly what the government hopes for, someone who doesn't push back and actually tries to convince the rest of the free people that a little bit more government intrusion into their lives is a good thing and that the government is here to help.  they haven't exactly crossed the line just yet but it's never too early to speak out and speak up against tyranny now and you would know that if you knew anything about the history of my country.
2022-12-23
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-23 18:12
fine/ok for dji to do whatever they want (within the law).  they are a private company and if i don't like it, i can kick rocks.  but i'm not the one asking my own government to step up with the tracking and increase the fines and add a bunch more nonsensical rules and regulations to prevent these mysterious drone crimes and ridiculous damage and destruction caused by semi-automatic drones.

nobody is invading controlled airspace with drones having fun and games with the airport, that's a myth...and it's sad that you believe it and therefore advocate for more sanctions against the people.  the cry you are hearing is the cry for freedom but you wouldn't recognize it because you're exactly what the government hopes for, someone who doesn't push back and actually tries to convince the rest of the free people that a little bit more government intrusion into their lives is a good thing and that the government is here to help.  they haven't exactly crossed the line just yet but it's never too early to speak out and speak up against tyranny now and you would know that if you knew anything about the history of my country.

a "myth"??  jfc, you remember when a major airport in the UK was shut down for days due to drones?

But whatever... you believe no tool with a drone would ever break the laws or compromise airspace or endanger air assets.. cool.

A wildfire response in CO last year had to be delayed because people were flying drones over it causing tankers to stand off until the drones left the airspace.   This happens a LOT (99% of the time by people who have no idea they are causing an issue)
2022-12-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-25 10:28
a "myth"??  jfc, you remember when a major airport in the UK was shut down for days due to drones?

But whatever... you believe no tool with a drone would ever break the laws or compromise airspace or endanger air assets.. cool.

merry christmas joe!
2022-12-25
Use props
Cher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1377087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fascinating discussion...will follow this thread to see how this unfolds after 9/16/23...
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules