Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Mini 3 Por has received a Remote ID Declaration of Compliance
4932 45 9-9 13:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2067231 ft
United Kingdom

Pastime Posted at 9-12 22:28
I did not say the mini 3 pro does not have to be compliant,yes it does and I already know that.
All manufacturers have to be compliant as of December 2022.It will be exempt from Remote Id.
Just check around and you will find it out all over the place.

NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

Like I've already said, DJI do that already for the plus battery when in fact we in the UK can use that battery legally they still will not sell to us. Whilst its slightly different, its still the same principle.

They will enable it across the board and be done with it.
9-13 18:12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 9079449 ft
United States

Part of the LAW in the U.S. states that RID must not be able to be bypassed, defeated or turned off. This means the Mini 3 RID WILL be active at all times once it is fully implemented.
9-13 18:27
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3317241 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-13 18:12
NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

Only time will tell
9-13 18:53
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-13 18:12
NO REMOTE ID REQUIRED

Just because it might not be a requirement does not mean it could be or will be turned off, it just means its not required. I would be very surprised if DJI provided the means to turn it off, i cannot see it, it will just be set to on across the board and that will be that.

I am kinda done going against the other drone pilots on here.You all may be right
in the end and the remote ID for the mini 3 pro may be turned on all the time.
Even though it is a 249 gram drone and suppose to be exempt from remote ID.
Heck if that is the case I may as well replace my air 2 with a mavic 3 and be done
with it.I like the form factor of the mini 3 along with my air 2.
Which leads me to if anyone can help with this,I am wondering if the air 2 will be RID compliant
Through firmware or software upgrade or if I will end up sticking a goofy module on it.
Too everyone I had issues with on here about this topic I apologize for acting like that.
This topic can get a person on edge.
Have a good evening
9-13 19:13
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 3081867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 9-13 19:13
I am kinda done going against the other drone pilots on here.You all may be right
in the end and the remote ID for the mini 3 pro may be turned on all the time.
Even though it is a 249 gram drone and suppose to be exempt from remote ID.

i believe dji waived their "exemption" when they filed for compliance.  faa makes the rules but it's the manufacturer's call, not the pilot.

but we'll see what actually happens.
9-14 19:52
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-14 19:52
i believe dji waived their "exemption" when they filed for compliance.  faa makes the rules but it's the manufacturer's call, not the pilot.

but we'll see what actually happens.

It is going to be interesting,anything can happen i guess.
Have a good one.
9-14 21:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules