Updating Homepoint During Flight
840 10 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCK55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54692 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air 2.  While flying I get the message that my "home-point has been updated."  This is an issue because I am often flying over water.  How do I prevent my drone from updating during flight?

Thanks
2022-9-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Make sure home point is set BEFORE you take off. The situation you mention is the main cause for lost drones! One last thing RTFM!
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PCK55. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition I will also post a DJI Forum thread on How to Fly Safely Over Water. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=181878
2022-9-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 20:02
Hello there PCK55. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition I will also post a DJI Forum thread on How to Fly Safely Over Water. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Can you explain why you reply is so wrong ??

First : updating HomePoint in flight has nothing to do with flying over water !!

Second ; your link informs the readers that you can disable the Vision Position !!

You cannot disable this system in the FlyApp !!

Plus the rest of your text is wrong too. Flying over water will not automatically the vison system,GPS and barometer are not affected due to the fact flying over water.....
So an accident might happen is nonsense.

Only flyiing low over water can have some issues for the bottom vision height sensor.

Please ; do change this automatic reply for something better!!

cheers
JJB
2022-9-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Flying over water has nothing to do wit updating HP.

If you like upload your flightlog for this issue, use thsi > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here, log will most likely tell what really happend.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 20:02
Hello there PCK55. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition I will also post a DJI Forum thread on How to Fly Safely Over Water. Thank you.

Amazing ... you keep posting this nonsense again and again.
Each time you are told, but you still post it.
It's just not correct
2022-9-10
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

Normally what I do is wait for at least 8 or more satellites to be detected, then take-off from the ground, then wait for the message "home-point has been updated". After that then I will fly my drone off to explore.
2022-9-11
Use props
PCK55
lvl.1
United States

Thanks.  Curious how you know when 8 satellites are detected.?
2022-9-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It's an icon at the top right part of the screen...looks like a satellite and shows a number.  It's red at first and then turns white as you pick up satellites.  This pic shows 15 satellites. I find that after you get 8 or more you will get the home point message.  
2022-9-12
Use props
PCK55
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for this information.  I’ll watch this.
2022-9-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

PCK55 Posted at 9-12 07:49
Thanks for this information.  I’ll watch this.

Don't be concerned with the number. Look at the color. Unless it's white and you get the "home point has been updated" prompt, do not fly off! It is NOT the number that matters, it is the orientation of the satellites. Unless there is the right amount of angular separation, gps will not get a fix.
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules