Motion Controller issue
2691 14 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Don Ho
lvl.1

United States

First test flight this afternoon and had issues with the controller.. If I move my wrist to the left the drone rotates to the right, move the wrist to the right, no movement at all.  Can someone explain to me how I correct  this?  

2022-9-9
Use props
fansb9b609bb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

me too i have same problem that when i rotate my controller CW is goes CCW vise versa   im pretty sure i did not tilt the controller i don't know why this happens looking for solution end up here with same guys same issue
2022-9-10
Use props
Don Ho
lvl.1

United States

I tried calibrating the motion controller twice and still no luck.  
2022-9-10
Use props
fans1734050c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110515 ft
South Africa

Don’t twist the controller. Tilt the controller in the direction you want it to go rather.
2022-9-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please excuse my joke:

https://youtu.be/eh8eb_ACLl8

2022-9-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When the motion controller came out with the DJI FPV, you actually had to rotate (twist) it, and that was very confusing...
Later, there was an option to either tilt or rotate (twist) it...
But that tilting is essential  better, because you can keep the MC pointing in the direction of the drone while controlling, and thus have the best connection...
2022-9-10
Use props
Don Ho
lvl.1

United States

This question is while I am hovering.  You are saying that even while hover I should TILT the controller to get it rotate on its axis instead of twisting left and/or right?  
2022-9-11
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

Don Ho Posted at 9-11 07:47
This question is while I am hovering.  You are saying that even while hover I should TILT the controller to get it rotate on its axis instead of twisting left and/or right?

Yes basically, I  have read somewhere, not sure where but might be the instruction manual for the controller, that to turn you should tilt, not twist the controller.
2022-9-11
Use props
Grant Brown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110515 ft
South Africa

Don Ho Posted at 9-11 07:47
This question is while I am hovering.  You are saying that even while hover I should TILT the controller to get it rotate on its axis instead of twisting left and/or right?

Yeah, even when you are hovering use the tilt.
2022-9-11
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

You want to twist (rotate) your wrist not move your wrist. If you twist it, it will move correctly.
2022-9-12
Use props
Don Ho
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all.  Apparently, I read the document wrong.  Twisting worked.  
2022-9-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

initially i had the same problem as well.  i thought the mc didn't work so well and i stored it; hated it and didn't want to bother with "recalibration."

later i found out i am moving my wrist incorrectly.  now it works...and it's even better.  now, all it takes is practice and you find out this wrist method is better than what we were originally trying.
2022-9-13
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

fans1734050c Posted at 9-10 22:23
Don’t twist the controller. Tilt the controller in the direction you want it to go rather.

I've seen that requirement for the MC in some of the vids. It seems completely counter-intuitive to me.

Does anybody prefer it this way? If so, why?

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-13
Use props
jcee125
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-13 11:18
I've seen that requirement for the MC in some of the vids. It seems completely counter-intuitive to me.

Does anybody prefer it this way? If so, why?

i think the
DJI default  FPV Remote YAW Direction was INVERTED and theres no setting to make the change until any firmware update in the future..
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_HKMITgpIvIh2
New

Nepal

I had the same issue first flight was alright then in the second flight even though everything is connected and paired the motion controller doesn’t work only the take off button works.
I tried to talk with the Dji customer care but didn’t get the solution yet.
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules