Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lee Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 543530 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hi
I am looking for a cheap and cheerful tablet with GPS that is cmnpatible with DJI Fky -Mavic Air 2S.

Any advise with rhe most reliable would be great..
2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lee Mavic. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what Tablet they are using. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI Air 2S for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for the DJI Air 2S. Thank you.
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this website as it has loads of information on compatible phones and tablets.  You will have many to choose from.
2022-9-11
Use props
highend2015
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2443842 ft
Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-10 19:29
Hello there lee Mavic. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what Tablet they are using. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI Air 2S for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for the DJI Air 2S. Thank you.

Here is models compatible with Air 2S and DJI Fly v 1.7.0:
Huawei MatePad 11 2021, brightness 600 LUX
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 2022, brightness 600 LUX
Apple iPad mini 6 gen 2021, brightness 500 LUX (no good in sunny weather)
Huawei Mate 20 Pro, 2018, brightness 900 LUX

Measurement by Lux Light Meter Pro from Doggo Apps.

The maximum distance when using Wifi on the tablet is 500 m (1 640 ft). There is a lot of interference with the wifi signal on the controller.

2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

highend2015 Posted at 9-11 06:04
Huawei MatePad 11 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 2022

Hi there highend2015. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. This information will be very helpful. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-9-11
Use props
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

I went with the Samsung Galaxy tab A7, which is really an 8.7" sized device.  ATT in the US sells them for $100 in the US plus $20 per month for cellular data.  I have larger tabs and have used them with the DJI dones but I like the smaller versions like the A7 otherwise there is too much going on.
2022-9-12
Use props
lee Mavic
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

cncjerry Posted at 9-12 00:59
I went with the Samsung Galaxy tab A7, which is really an 8.7" sized device.  ATT in the US sells them for $100 in the US plus $20 per month for cellular data.  I have larger tabs and have used them with the DJI dones but I like the smaller versions like the A7 otherwise there is too much going on.

Appreciate this.
How is the screen in daylight. Does it work well.
Does this Tab have GPS?
2022-9-12
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

I just bought a used Galaxy A7 Lite on eBay.  It works great!  I'm normally an Apple user, but didn't want to fork out the $$ for a Mini 5 just to be used as a controller.  
2022-9-12
Use props
lee Mavic
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

highend2015 Posted at 9-11 06:04
Huawei MatePad 11 2021, brightness 600 LUX
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 2022, brightness 600 LUX

Appreciate it.
I think I am going for the S8 tablet.
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Y7vVJZdCI9ob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226834 ft
United States

lee Mavic Posted at 10-5 14:57
Appreciate it.
I think I am going for the S8 tablet.

Did you get the s8? Have you had any issues?
2022-11-2
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rarely do I use phones or tablets anymore because I primarily use the RC Pro but I've used my Tab S6 with fantasic results. I do miss flying with the large screen of the S6 compared to the RC Pro but can't beat the convenience of the RC Pro or DJI RC
2022-11-4
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

I bought a Tab s8 for best performance but turns out that the screen brightness is not up to the mark for sunny days. You can get the Tripltek 8 Pro which is perfect for daylight brightness but too weak CPU power-wise other than running the Fly app and is equally expensive if not more than the Tab S8. I am getting the DJI RC Pro finally for the sake of not carrying tablet mounts and whatnot.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Y7vVJZdCI9ob
lvl.1
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 11-4 23:47
I bought a Tab s8 for best performance but turns out that the screen brightness is not up to the mark for sunny days. You can get the Tripltek 8 Pro which is perfect for daylight brightness but too weak CPU power-wise other than running the Fly app and is equally expensive if not more than the Tab S8. I am getting the DJI RC Pro finally for the sake of not carrying tablet mounts and whatnot.

Thank you, good to know
2022-11-5
Use props
MagicHands
lvl.1
United States

OK, I took a chance and bought the Samsung Tab S8+. The DJI Fly app is still not available in the app store; however, I downloaded it off the DJI website. After installation and setup I have completed my first test flight. Everything worked fine on the drone and the app. Future flights may reveal more but it seems that the Fly app and my Mavic Air 2 work with the Tab S8+. Brightness levels were good once I maximized it on the tablet. Screen is reflective but I'm buying a matte screen protector to see how it does. For now I can see fine in the shade. Happy flying everyone!
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_UDtWc7Fb9glY
New

Poland

Hello, I'm refreshing the topic, can anyone recommend an Android tablet compatible with dji mini 4 pro?  Unfortunately, it does not work with Doogee R10 (Android 13, 64 bit). The applications can be installed, it starts, but you can't do anything.  Works on Sony Xperia XZ3 ☺️
3-19 16:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules