Propulsion error message during Avata maiden flight
2779 11 2022-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfa6c284f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7195 ft
Singapore

I recently have the opportunity to maiden my new avata drone. Did both compass and IMU calibration before flight . Flight was successful but on a few occasions i received a propulsion error message during flight. It does not affect the flight but it gave me less confidence to continue flying with this message. Below is the link to the goggles 2 video of the maiden flight. Much appreciate if anyone  can help to resolve this.

https://youtu.be/dJKIgf9RLxY

2022-9-10
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Mod can you move this to Avata section?  2nd post on Avata I've seen here in so many days
2022-9-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best to embed videos like this

2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please keep us posted if the issue still persist and affects your DJI Avata's future flight for us to be able to assist you. Thank you and kindly please keep us posted.
2022-9-11
Use props
fansfa6c284f
lvl.1
Singapore

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-11 01:40
Best to embed videos like this

https://youtu.be/dJKIgf9RLxY

Thanks for sharing. Will keep that in mind when i update on the issue at hand
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_4fWPmyjK4xhR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851624 ft
Venezuela

Hi, did you try to use turtle mode to see if the motors are running? im having the same issue rn and i dont know what to do in turtle mode only the backwards motors are moving, however every time i start the  avata it moves every propeller
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_4fWPmyjK4xhR
lvl.2
Venezuela

Hi, did you try to use turtle mode to see if the motors are running? im having the same issue rn and i dont know what to do in turtle mode only the backwards motors are moving, however every time i start the  avata it moves every propeller
2022-10-10
Use props
evcf05
lvl.2
Venezuela

2022-10-10
Use props
fansfa6c284f
lvl.1
Singapore

evcf05 Posted at 10-10 15:12

I still see the propulsion system error message on and off during flights. It does not impact my flights at this moment in time and I have no issue activating turtle mode when the avata was down in a position to flip over.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_pg7FCq5Ezji6
New
Flight distance : 260997 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello everyone. I’m from Brasil and I have the same problem. In my case it only appears when I'm in manual mode. My first 2 flights were perfect without any notification. From the third flight it started with these error messages. Has anyone ever contacted dji to find out what they say about the subject?
2022-10-27
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

make sure all propellers are tight in place, that would be my first check
2022-10-27
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

All good advice here but also, check that your battery connection is working. Some people are starting to have issues with one of the prongs in the back of the avata where the battery plugs in, being pushed back inside it and causing the battery to stop making its connection on the metered part of the battery. Then it gives the propulsion error message. I have not had this happen to me, but I have seen others comment on it, so just something to check. Of course, if this is the issue, the only solution is to return it to DJI for warranty repair.

One other thing you might check, which this is probably not what's causing it, but take your props off and make sure there is no grass or weeds wrapped around the motors. When I changed my props, I found a ton (yes a ton lol) of grass and weeks wrapped around the motors that I removed. It reminded me of a weed eater how grass wraps around it lol.
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules