DJI Care in EU if an aircraft bought in USA
1318 14 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

and am i right there will be no problem with DJI Care with the drone bought in USA but activated in EU region (in region where it has been activated) ?
2022-9-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the page where you buy it, its right above the Shop Now button

2. DJI Care Refresh is only eligible in the region where it was purchased. To ensure that you can enjoy the service normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the statement of Bashy on post #2 for your reference. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-9-11
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-11 18:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the statement of Bashy on post #2 for your reference. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!

So i assume if i buy DJI Care from US it should works normally, but if i activate the drone in EU region it still be covering US area?
2022-9-11
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

Bashy Posted at 9-11 17:45
From the page where you buy it, its right above the Shop Now button

2. DJI Care Refresh is only eligible in the region where it was purchased. To ensure that you can enjoy the service normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.

i have an option to buy brand new Mini 3 imported from US
2022-9-11
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

No cover.  No warranty either.

I bought a replacement battery on a holiday in Asia which subsequently swelled up and died.  Replacement refused as im registered in Europe with the drone and battery was bough outside there.
2022-9-12
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

tragic ! !
2022-9-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is very strange not to have a worldwide policy
2022-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 9-12 02:33
No cover.  No warranty either.

I bought a replacement battery on a holiday in Asia which subsequently swelled up and died.  Replacement refused as im registered in Europe with the drone and battery was bough outside there.

Thats not strictly true. Your warranty is only exercised in the region you purchased the drone, so if you can return the drone to the region you purchased, the warranty will cover for  manufacturing faults. Care refresh is exactly the same you must return at your own expense to the region you purchased the care refresh. If it was any different then care refresh or warranty would not be covered if you traveled outside your region of purchase.
2022-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 9-12 03:48
It is very strange not to have a worldwide policy

Your warranty including care refresh covers you world wide, the only stipulation is you must return for warranty in the region you purchased and the same for care refresh. If you purchase in the US your warranty is bound to this region for repair return etc but you are still covered for flying outside of the region.
2022-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fateofangel Posted at 9-11 23:35
i have an option to buy brand new Mini 3 imported from US

The warranty will be covered by dji US , but you would have to return to the US for repair or replacement etc. the same would also apply to care refresh purchased in US and you wouldn’t get refresh for the drone outside US.
2022-9-12
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 9-12 07:14
The warranty will be covered by dji US , but you would have to return to the US for repair or replacement etc. the same would also apply to care refresh purchased in US and you wouldn’t get refresh for the drone outside US.

and the shipment would be for free either?
2022-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fateofangel Posted at 9-12 10:38
and the shipment would be for free either?

Thats where the problem lies, you have to cover shipping both ways..
2022-9-12
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 9-12 10:50
Thats where the problem lies, you have to cover shipping both ways..

THX for explanation
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fateofangel Posted at 9-11 23:34
So i assume if i buy DJI Care from US it should works normally, but if i activate the drone in EU region it still be covering US area?

Yes, the warranty can only be applied within the same region where you purchase the care plan. Thank you.
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules