Subject Tracking Grayed Out on DJI FLY app
10507 13 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whateveridontkn
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I have a DJI Mavic 2S with the latest firmware updated, but for some reason I cannot turn on subject tracking on DJI FLY app. It is grayed out. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Any thoughts?
2022-9-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

What are your recording settings?
2022-9-11
Use props
whateveridontkn
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-11 12:36
What are your recording settings?

It was on basic record. I have to get you settings in a bit.
516A0295-6EF6-44D3-AD23-6F1ED2441073.png
2022-9-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

whateveridontkn Posted at 9-11 13:03
It was on basic record. I have to get you settings in a bit.

It could also have something to do with the warning.
2022-9-11
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

4k 30fps is the highest I think with tracking and think it might disable in an frz
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the said feature and have a test flight to a different location that is not a restricted zone and check if the issue persists? Please note that we cannot perform the said feature when inside a restricted area. In addition, as for the subject scanning function, the aircraft needs to be in the take-off status to turn on this function (the function cannot be used even if start the motor only). The subject scanning function is only supported in a single shot (photo mode) and normal recording mode (normal video mode), other modes are not supported, so it is recommended to try it in single shot and normal recording mode. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-11
Use props
Gaeaeshots
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127441 ft
Austria

Hi Everyone.Had the same problem. My fix was to change to landscape mode and enter active tracking mode without starting, just highlight a green box for spot shots then enter the settings above (3 dots) and voila the option is back not greyed!

Hope this helps
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Y0mVV2lRrKL2
New

Norway

chillibadger Posted at 2022-9-11 15:01
4k 30fps is the highest I think with tracking and think it might disable in an frz

Hi does it not work with 60 fps? I tried my mini 3 pro first time today and the box was grey
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_DlgIHiCE2wJD
New
Flight distance : 95 ft
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-11 18:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the said feature and have a test flight to a different location that is not a restricted zone and check if the issue persists? Please note that we cannot perform the said feature when inside a restricted area. In addition, as for the subject scanning function, the aircraft needs to be in the take-off status to turn on this function (the function cannot be used even if start the motor only). The subject scanning function is only supported in a single shot (photo mode) and normal recording mode (normal video mode), other modes are not supported, so it is recommended to try it in single shot and normal recording mode. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Tried but still not working
2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_DlgIHiCE2wJD
New
India

2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_DlgIHiCE2wJD
New
India

2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_DlgIHiCE2wJD Posted at 10-27 18:37

Hi there. According to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations is available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.

2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_iEzULXfey9Wl
New

United States

i am new owner of mini 4 pro. can u pls make a video on how to do it? having trouble doing it
2-10 07:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_iEzULXfey9Wl Posted at 2-10 07:51
i am new owner of mini 4 pro. can u pls make a video on how to do it? having trouble doing it

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may click the link below to access the available tutorials for the DJI Mini 4 Pro. Please select "FocusTrack" to learn more about the tracking features of the DJI Mini 4 Pro. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a good one!

https://www.dji.com/global/mini-4-pro/video
2-12 01:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules