Hyperlapse: 2-second interval missing
2180 11 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_k1JBbIUFzZY8
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but I've seen a few posts on this subject, but no solution.  I'm on the latest firmware, 01.00.0300, and I'm only seeing 3 second intervals available in Hyperlapse.  I have tried various shutter speeds, from the slowest to the fastest, still on change.  I've also changed JPEG/RAW settings, 4K/1080p settings, the interval never gets below 3s.  I contacted DJI Chat support, and after about 30 minutes of back and forth, they said they removed the 2s interval in the latest firmware.  I don't believe that, but i was obviously going nowhere in that conversation.  

Can anyone confirm the latest firmware still has 2s Hyperlapse interval (for all sub modes i would assume), and if so any recomendations?

Thanks.
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Hyperlapse 2sec interval is no longer available on the latest version of the firmware. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our DJI engineers for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-17
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206654 ft
Canada

Confirmed, 2s is not available since 'upgrading' RC firmware to 01.01.0450.   In the earlier versions the 2s option wasn't available either, but it was made available in a later release.  I have been using hyperlapse a lot lately and really it is only because of the 2s option.  I find 3s or more is too long for most of what I am doing.   Very disappointed it is gone again.  
2022-9-17
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Thats pretty horrible.
3sec is far too long for hyperlapse with moving vehicles and other things in (and needs 1.5 sec or so shutter).
Why remove the most useful interval?

Looking at 1.2 minutes flight for 1 second of video too.  Too long.
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the confusion caused, the 2s interval can be selected after takeoff. Could you please check it after takeoff? Please keep us updated if it is not there, the screenshots of the interval options and your firmware information page will be appreciated.
2022-9-20
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 9-20 19:13
Hi there, sorry for the confusion caused, the 2s interval can be selected after takeoff. Could you please check it after takeoff? Please keep us updated if it is not there, the screenshots of the interval options and your firmware information page will be appreciated.

Well, that is interesting.  Just tried it again and the 2s option was there while in flight.   I am pretty sure I tried it in flight before and only the 3s was available.  So I played around with it a bit and did find that when in auto mode, the 2s option appears and disappears depending on how much light there is.  I don't know if that is a new thing or not and if that is what I was seeing last time.  It is night time here now but last time I looked at this it was during the day time. So I don't know now. It does seem like the 2s option is there except in the one case where there is low light.  I will try again tomorrow during day light.   

2022-9-20
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

NutHouseDrone Posted at 9-20 21:22
Well, that is interesting.  Just tried it again and the 2s option was there while in flight.   I am pretty sure I tried it in flight before and only the 3s was available.  So I played around with it a bit and did find that when in auto mode, the 2s option appears and disappears depending on how much light there is.  I don't know if that is a new thing or not and if that is what I was seeing last time.  It is night time here now but last time I looked at this it was during the day time. So I don't know now. It does seem like the 2s option is there except in the one case where there is low light.  I will try again tomorrow during day light.    [view_image]

Did a few more tests inside where there is lots of light and was able to get it stuck without the 2s option while in flight.  It seems to happen when switching back and forth between auto and pro mode while in hyperlapse mode and while in flight.   I went back out side (without restarting the drone) and now it didn't matter whether it was dark or light, it stayed stuck without the 2s option no matter what I tried to set.  And this is all while it was in flight.

Edit...   Did more testing, but I can't find a repeatable pattern to consistently make the problem happen.  It just happens randomly that the 2s option isn't available after starting a flight. My guess is that it is some race condition bug where it sometimes doesn't recognize that it switched to flight mode and then doesn't allow the 2s option.   In any case, good to know that the 2s is supposed to be availble and wasn't removed in latest firmware verison.

2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_k1JBbIUFzZY8
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-20 19:13

In flight I found it.  Very weird that before takeoff it's not available, even with the rest of the camera settings being the same.  Thank you!
2022-9-21
Use props
Gremlin17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2354931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NutHouseDrone Posted at 9-20 21:22
Well, that is interesting.  Just tried it again and the 2s option was there while in flight.   I am pretty sure I tried it in flight before and only the 3s was available.  So I played around with it a bit and did find that when in auto mode, the 2s option appears and disappears depending on how much light there is.  I don't know if that is a new thing or not and if that is what I was seeing last time.  It is night time here now but last time I looked at this it was during the day time. So I don't know now. It does seem like the 2s option is there except in the one case where there is low light.  I will try again tomorrow during day light.    [view_image]

it will be to do with shutter speeds. when trying this at night, you will be using a long exposure. It is quite possible that the act of taking the photo and then processing it takes more than two seconds, therefore it would not be possible to take another shot within that same two second period. I hope that made sense.
2022-9-23
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

Gremlin17 Posted at 9-23 09:56
it will be to do with shutter speeds. when trying this at night, you will be using a long exposure. It is quite possible that the act of taking the photo and then processing it takes more than two seconds, therefore it would not be possible to take another shot within that same two second period. I hope that made sense.

Yes, that makes sense.  That particular instance of pointing into a light or pointing into the dark and it dynamically changing the minimum allowed time lapse while doing so makes sense.  
But there are other times where it gets stuck with a minimum of 3s regardless of light.  I have seen this during daytime in auto mode (not in pro mode with wacky exposure settings).   Doesn't happen very often and I can't figure out when or why it happens.
2022-9-23
Use props
Woodchuck Central
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-17 00:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Hyperlapse 2sec interval is no longer available on the latest version of the firmware. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our DJI engineers for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I also would like a 2 sec hyperlapse interval. A 1 sec even better.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Woodchuck Central Posted at 10-10 15:16
I also would like a 2 sec hyperlapse interval. A 1 sec even better.

Hi there, Woodchuck. Could you please confirm what specific DJI drone model are you referring to? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules