Avata Not Taking Photos
4206 15 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

I cannot for the life of me get my Avata to take photos.  I can hit the shutter button on either remote and the diagram on the display in the goggles spins and says it took a photo, but when I go to the album there is nothing.  It will, however, record video - only if an SD card is in the drone.  I've checked all camera settings on the drone and don't see anyting I'm missing.  I have other FPV and Mavic drones and am familar with how they work.  This, however, has me stumped.  Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kevin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-9-11
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-11 19:18
Hello there Kevin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

I am using an iPhone 13 Pro.  Thank you for chiming in.  I will try this today and report back.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Harkco Posted at 9-12 08:07
I am using an iPhone 13 Pro.  Thank you for chiming in.  I will try this today and report back.

Hi there Kevin. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-9-13
Use props
danlam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370617 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I just got my Avata and also has photo saving problem. I tested all methods including SD card formatting and finally found all photos were saved in SD card inside of Avata ONLY. Even I choose photo settings saved to both (Avata and goggles), only movies can be saved/played back from goggles. That's weird, not sure this is a bug or setting issues. Hope DJI can provide solution for this serious problem as photo taking also important to me, I don't want to review pictures after landing.   
2022-10-27
Use props
MIMAJ6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371207 ft
Sweden

Also have this issue...

Iphone 11pro
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_Lij0XIjCzjdP
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue as well. But I have a the se card in the drone and still not photos even tho it says it’s taking a photo
2022-10-28
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I also have same issue...

Iphone 13pro
2022-10-28
Use props
litwakjjjr
lvl.1

United States

Any update on this?
Issue here too!!
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_PWKgaVy0MPit
New

United States

Same frustrating issue.  Any update on this issue?
2022-11-26
Use props
fanseefc9e29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203415 ft
United States

I am having the same issue.  The Avata looks like it is taking a photo and looks like it is recording a video but when I check the album I see nothing.

Please assist.

Scott
2022-12-5
Use props
graham-stephens
lvl.1
United States

Here is an update (and a clarification).

First some background:

I have a DJI Mini 2. After shooting some video or taking some photos on the Mini 2 I can see those photos that are on the drone on the screen of my app on my phone that is connected to the controller.

I use the Googles 2 with my Avata (I got the Pro-View Combo).

I have an SD card inserted in the Avata.

In SETTINGS on the Googles 2 I have the option of saving images and videos to the internal storage of the Avata, the external SD card I inserted or an SD card on the Googles 2.  I do not have an SD card inserted into the Googles 2.  I only have an SD card inserted in the Avata.

I took a photo and video, powered down the Avata, took the SD card out, and then put it into a laptop and was able to confirm that indeed the Avata did take a picture and a video.

=====
Here is the issue:  How can I PREVIEW the pictures and videos I have taken with the Avata?  Or is the only way to review the pictures and videos by powering down the drone, removing the SD card, and then viewing it on another device?

(On the Googles 2 there is a menu item called ALBUM.  I cannot select this menu item. I thought it would become active after I took a picture or shot a video with the Avata.  It is consistently dimmed and not available.  This is why I thought the Avata was not taking photos not videos -- I expect to be able to preview them like I could with the Mini 2).

Thanks!

Scott
2022-12-5
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

The ALBUM buton on the menu is only for the items stored on the goggles 2
for this to work, you need a SD card in the goggles.

I have not tested photo yet and viewing them on the goggles, i would expect this to work, but i now understand this does not?
I'll try asap (i have sd card in both the avata and the goggles2)
2022-12-5
Use props
graham-stephens
lvl.1
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-5 22:46
The ALBUM buton on the menu is only for the items stored on the goggles 2
for this to work, you need a SD card in the goggles.

This is so helpful.

Do you know if the quality is the same if you save a video or a picture on the Googles2 versus directly on the Avata?

Scott
2022-12-6
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

graham-stephens Posted at 12-6 05:26
This is so helpful.

Do you know if the quality is the same if you save a video or a picture on the Googles2 versus directly on the Avata?

no sorry, i dont...
i have not tested everything myself.
2022-12-6
Use props
VLSOL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74449 ft
Netherlands

I use a card reader for my iPhone 13 Pro which connected by lighting and import all videos from my SD card to a phone.
2022-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules