Firmware upgrades
730 7 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

Found out there's a firmware upgrade for the Mavic 3. Don't know what it does but when I turned on the drone and the controller (with the built in screen) is said I needed an internet connection to get the download. How? I'm right next to my computer and it's online. How do I get the controller "online" to get the download?? Thanks.

2022-9-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Set up a Wi-Fi connection in the controller settings...

...or connect the M3 (and then later also the controller) to the PC and start DJI Assistant 2....
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there howardlawman194. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on how to update the firmware of your DJI Mavic 3 below. Thank you.

2022-9-11
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-11 23:01
Hello there howardlawman194. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on how to update the firmware of your DJI Mavic 3 below. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am9P6-7GBks

Thanks so much for that great tutorial. When I first turned on the Mavic 3 and then the controller, no window popped open re upgrading firmware. I guess it was supposed to but it didn't. Then I ralized I had to connect the controller to the PC and then open DJI Assist, then, voila. Mission accomplished. Thanks to much for the assist. Much appreciated.
2022-9-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

howardlawman194 Posted at 9-11 23:54
Thanks so much for that great tutorial. When I first turned on the Mavic 3 and then the controller, no window popped open re upgrading firmware. I guess it was supposed to but it didn't. Then I ralized I had to connect the controller to the PC and then open DJI Assist, then, voila. Mission accomplished. Thanks to much for the assist. Much appreciated.

Hi Howard,

Just wanted to add 2 cents I realize you don't need this info now, but just for your convenience in the future. If you want to do firmware updates over the air (without connecting your drone and remote to PC via Dji Assistant 2) , you can just turn on your RC Pro or if you have another RC with phone without turning on your drone yet, then connect your RC Pro or whichever controller you are using to wifi and you will get that prompt to update firmware whenever new firmware comes up. (the drone needs to be not powered on yet to get this new firmware prompt). Then you can power up your drone and continue with the update. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.

P.S. If you prefer to power on your drone at the same time as the controller, you can use the back button on RC Pro or whichever controller to go to DJi Fly app welcome screen , which would have the firmware update prompt there.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

howardlawman194 Posted at 9-11 23:54
Thanks so much for that great tutorial. When I first turned on the Mavic 3 and then the controller, no window popped open re upgrading firmware. I guess it was supposed to but it didn't. Then I ralized I had to connect the controller to the PC and then open DJI Assist, then, voila. Mission accomplished. Thanks to much for the assist. Much appreciated.

Hi there howardlawman194. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-9-13
Use props
Chris Partridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41709 ft
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 9-12 06:12
Hi Howard,

Just wanted to add 2 cents  I realize you don't need this info now, but just for your convenience in the future. If you want to do firmware updates over the air (without connecting your drone and remote to PC via Dji Assistant 2) , you can just turn on your RC Pro or if you have another RC with phone without turning on your drone yet, then connect your RC Pro or whichever controller you are using to wifi and you will get that prompt to update firmware whenever new firmware comes up. (the drone needs to be not powered on yet to get this new firmware prompt). Then you can power up your drone and continue with the update. Hope this helps.

Exactly this - I always only power up the controller first precisely to allow any firmware updates to be recognised and downloaded to the controller. I fire up the drone once the controller is fully settled on its normal Home Screen.
2022-9-17
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Chris Partridge Posted at 9-17 22:24
Exactly this - I always only power up the controller first precisely to allow any firmware updates to be recognised and downloaded to the controller. I fire up the drone once the controller is fully settled on its normal Home Screen.

Hi Chris, me too , it works just fine for me this way to update firmware over the air
2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules