5378 63 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-13 04:05
Airdata uses their own add-ons to to the log, those 2 yellow marked messages are not in the log.
I do the same in my FRAP logic/algorithm

Hi JJB*

Agree about airdata reporting but how do you explain high pitch and roll values if not collision.

2022-9-13
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-13 04:05
Airdata uses their own add-ons to to the log, those 2 yellow marked messages are not in the log.
I do the same in my FRAP logic/algorithm

2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10220 ft
India

Hey,
The video is 4-5 mins long that's why I  didn't upload the whole thing and just the part where the issue occurred. Here is the full video if you want.

https://youtu.be/MRLgM705ozo

Thanks
2022-9-13
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Bashy say:
...it sounds like a typical magnetic interference issue, you turned it on near something that caused magnetic interference, be it metal fencing, steel grates, the car, rebar in concrete and so on...

The problem is here satellites internet interference issue.

Untitled.png
2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Pleomax Posted at 9-13 04:20
Hi JJB*

Agree about airdata reporting but how do you explain high pitch and roll values if not collision.

Hi,

If one or more motor fails....than drone will get high pitch and or roll values.

cheers
JJB

2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bunny Virk Posted at 9-13 04:31
Hey,
The video is 4-5 mins long that's why I  didn't upload the whole thing and just the part where the issue occurred. Here is the full video if you want.

Hi,

Video stopped before the drone falls down with high pitch and roll values.
Seeing the RC inputs video is stopped at 4m23s in flight.

Drone attitude changes (impact in air?)  at 4m29, so what happend in those 6 seconds?

cheers
JJB
2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoveYou Posted at 9-13 05:08
Bashy say:
...it sounds like a typical magnetic interference issue, you turned it on near something that caused magnetic interference, be it metal fencing, steel grates, the car, rebar in concrete and so on...

Magnetic interference in air to a drone is not verly likely, and if  than it will not cause a motor errror.

Same for satellites internet interference (uh, what is that) will not make a drone go wild in high pitch and roll angles.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

LoveYou Posted at 9-13 05:08
Bashy say:
...it sounds like a typical magnetic interference issue, you turned it on near something that caused magnetic interference, be it metal fencing, steel grates, the car, rebar in concrete and so on...

I believe satellite can cause image relay interference and delay or disrupt the video relay to the controller but the motor getting blocked and the drone rolling over won't be caused by it.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

As I mentioned earlier I saw it with my own eyes just going out control and crashing like an airplane engine failure in movies.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video normally stops when it crashes, this one makes no sense, if power dropped then would it even save the video properly?

RE Me thinking it was compass originally, i thought he mentioned compass in the 1st post, it was about 3:30am here, that's my excuse an I'm sticking to it not to mention that i had crossed it out, as for satellite, they are receiving not transmitting, so highly unlikely that was the issue.

The way that it veers to the left would make me think of magnetic interference, but that's normally not long after take-off, when it leaves the field that was picked up during the initialization, not in the air.
The veering is a bit like ATTI mode but there's no mention of that either, so the next obvious is that the motor was quickly slowing down hence the veering, but we do not see the crash, although i don't think that is important now, so, mechanical or so overheating occurred perhaps, this caused. Tough one, would like to know what DJI says?

It looks like you need to go back to Vietnam and send it in from there, its crazy, it shouldn't matter where it comes from. What should matter is where you bought it. It was through official channels, the DJI website. Youre going to have to jump through some hoops...
2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

I am just hoping for an analysis from DJI so they can let me know what actually went wrong so I don't waste money going all the way to Veitnam to just be told that it was not hardware malfunction and we can only provide repairs at a certain cost and not a replacement. Vietnam trip alone would cost me around $200-300.
2022-9-13
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Bashy Posted at 9-13 07:01
The video normally stops when it crashes, this one makes no sense, if power dropped then would it even save the video properly?

RE Me thinking it was compass originally, i thought he mentioned compass in the 1st post, it was about 3:30am here, that's my excuse an I'm sticking to it  not to mention that i had crossed it out, as for satellite, they are receiving not transmitting, so highly unlikely that was the issue.

This antenna is for satellite  internet receiving and transmitting data. Sorry for my English is no good.

2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

Hey
It's just a simple satellite tv dish, i think it won't make a drone switch off a motor and roll over. At max it could interfere with data relay for a bit and/or  cut video transmission to rc or delay it. It still does't explain motor obstruction.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bunny Virk Posted at 9-13 08:04
I am just hoping for an analysis from DJI so they can let me know what actually went wrong so I don't waste money going all the way to Veitnam to just be told that it was not hardware malfunction and we can only provide repairs at a certain cost and not a replacement. Vietnam trip alone would cost me around $200-300.

Thing is, DJI's data analysis is part of the warranty and would need to be part of a claim. This is probably the issue, you could pay the $60 for the analysis or whatever the cost is, I've forgot now.

Or, you could hit them with the information you have gathered from this thread, i.e. motor seizing up causing the drone to move laterally and then dropping from the sky.

This is why it always pays to get independent flightlog analysis from either Labrodes or JJB*, never take my word as gospel though as i am still learning to read them properly lol.

So if you were stuck with another journey, you have some ammo (knowledge).

Do you have a safe address in Vietnam for the return address for when DJI sends it back to you? What i mean is, i don't think you have to be physically in Vietnam to send it in to them as long as they have a physical address in Vietnam to send it back to you. I am not 100% positive about that but I cannot see why from whence came should make any difference.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

Bashy Posted at 9-13 17:33
Thing is, DJI's data analysis is part of the warranty and would need to be part of a claim. This is probably the issue, you could pay the $60 for the analysis or whatever the cost is, I've forgot now.

Or, you could hit them with the information you have gathered from this thread, i.e. motor seizing up causing the drone to move laterally and then dropping from the sky.

I have some friends living in Vietnam so i can always get it delivered back to their address, that won't be a problem. Is the analysis included in the warranty as it just a month old drone or does it have to be paid separately and will they be doing it online or only after receiving the drone at their facility . Anyways everything depends on when and how they reply in the next mail.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bunny Virk Posted at 9-13 20:59
I have some friends living in Vietnam so i can always get it delivered back to their address, that won't be a problem. Is the analysis included in the warranty as it just a month old drone or does it have to be paid separately and will they be doing it online or only after receiving the drone at their facility . Anyways everything depends on when and how they reply in the next mail.

It should be included in the warranty, i spoke about the price only because they are saying no warranty for India.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

DJI being totally unsupportive here
8C9CE4B2-A11C-48C0-ACAD-FA458E41DCDB.jpeg
2022-9-14
Use props
Bunny Virk
lvl.1
India

Maybe I should start another support ticket stating my country as Vietnam .
2022-9-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bunny Virk Posted at 9-14 06:06
Maybe I should start another support ticket stating my country as Vietnam .

Dont say it, just do what you think is right ;)
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bunny Virk Posted at 9-12 05:42
No actually the drone has been bought from a DJI store in Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam, so if there is a replacement issue i have plans to travel to the region again anyways. Just want an update from the company on how to go forward with this.

Hello, Sorry for the late response. If the unit you purchased is from a DJI authorized seller in Vietnam. DJI does not currently provide an international warranty. You are suggested to contact the reseller to seek further assistance on this matter. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_qEwQ2UgfbbHI
New
Flight distance : 4360 ft
United States

Don’t waste your time, mine glitched and fell from the sky.. I had only flew it a handful of times and they tell you if it’s their error they will repair or replace. Drone only has about 25min of flight time! Guess what.. I received a bill stating user error.. and no one has been able to tell me why or how. Even with care refresh.. I will have to pay to replacement! This is crazy.. I went with DJI because they are a reputable company but it seems like at the end you will get screwed! Again.. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL ME HOW I CAUSE THE SCREEN TO GLITCH AND FALL FROM THE SKY. The drone had only made it a 50 yards from me! I WIL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI DRONE! I bought all the warranty and they’re still telling me I’ll have to pay to replace it. When I did nothing!
4-12 08:50
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_qEwQ2UgfbbHI Posted at 4-12 08:50
Don’t waste your time, mine glitched and fell from the sky.. I had only flew it a handful of times and they tell you if it’s their error they will repair or replace. Drone only has about 25min of flight time! Guess what.. I received a bill stating user error.. and no one has been able to tell me why or how. Even with care refresh.. I will have to pay to replacement! This is crazy.. I went with DJI because they are a reputable company but it seems like at the end you will get screwed! Again.. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL ME HOW I CAUSE THE SCREEN TO GLITCH AND FALL FROM THE SKY. The drone had only made it a 50 yards from me! I WIL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI DRONE! I bought all the warranty and they’re still telling me I’ll have to pay to replace it. When I did nothing!

You are too emotional, upload your flight log and then we can objectively sympathize with you.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
4-12 10:44
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t waste your time, mine glitched and fell from the sky.. I had only flew it a handful of times and they tell you if it’s their error they will repair or replace. Drone only has about 25min of flight time! Guess what.. I received a bill stating user error.. and no one has been able to tell me why or how. Even with care refresh.. I will have to pay to replacement! This is crazy.. I went with DJI because they are a reputable company but it seems like at the end you will get screwed! Again.. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL ME HOW I CAUSE THE SCREEN TO GLITCH AND FALL FROM THE SKY. The drone had only made it a 50 yards from me! I WIL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI DRONE! I bought all the warranty and they’re still telling me I’ll have to pay to replace it. When I did nothing!

I am guessing you, as a new user, can not start a new thread or something, but if, instead of blowing a fuse, you read various problem threads here that involve lost etc. drone you will find that flight logs are requested and people will then analyse them and offer reasons.
Some of those reasons may well be correct and form the basis for discussions with DJI.
On quite a few occasions such threads and dscussions have resulted in DJI conceding that there was a problem with the drone and the drone has been replaced FOC under warranty.

I suggest you post the flight log and see what happens.
4-12 10:55
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Don’t waste your time, mine glitched and fell from the sky.. I had only flew it a handful of times and they tell you if it’s their error they will repair or replace. Drone only has about 25min of flight time! Guess what.. I received a bill stating user error.. and no one has been able to tell me why or how. Even with care refresh.. I will have to pay to replacement! This is crazy.. I went with DJI because they are a reputable company but it seems like at the end you will get screwed! Again.. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL ME HOW I CAUSE THE SCREEN TO GLITCH AND FALL FROM THE SKY. The drone had only made it a 50 yards from me! I WIL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DJI DRONE! I bought all the warranty and they’re still telling me I’ll have to pay to replace it. When I did nothing!

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience. It must be incredibly disappointing to encounter this issue. I completely understand how you feel, and I'm here to help in any way I can. To assist you further, could you please provide me with any DJI case number or reference ID related to your support request? This will allow me to track your specific situation and work towards finding a more satisfactory resolution. You may send it to me via personal message. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
4-12 13:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules