DJI Goggles 2 ventilation
4872 17 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eaguilera40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2542887 ft
United States

Is anyone having issues with the new Goggles 2 and fogging / ventilation. I have the goggles v2 and they have never giving me any issues. The new goggles to fog up on every flight.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Drastic changes in temperature and humidity will cause the screens or the lens cone to fog up, which is normal. Avoid using the DJI Goggles 2 in environments where temperature and humidity tend to alter significantly. if the screen or the lens cone has fogged up, place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Keep the DJI Goggles 2 out of hot and humid environments. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-12
Use props
Eaguilera40
lvl.2
United States

I understand what you are saying but I own both the V2 goggles and the goggles 2 and I’m using them both in the same environment. The v2 goggles do not fog up at all. The goggles 2 while I’m flying just start fogging up and continue to a point that I cannot see. It’s like there is 0 air flow inside like the v2. The v2 you can feel the air circulation around your eyes and face.
2022-9-13
Use props
Chef.david
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6438907 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine fog up no matter what I do. ZERO ventilation. Big disappointment for the money
2022-9-19
Use props
Eaguilera40
lvl.2
United States

Yeah the v2 goggles might be big and heavy but there is 0 fogging on those.
2022-9-19
Use props
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31253550 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-12 22:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Drastic changes in temperature and humidity will cause the screens or the lens cone to fog up, which is normal. Avoid using the DJI Goggles 2 in environments where temperature and humidity tend to alter significantly. if the screen or the lens cone has fogged up, place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Keep the DJI Goggles 2 out of hot and humid environments. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Nice advice, thank you :-) I have the same problem because my body temperature and humidity changes heavily during close proximity flying and even when shooting small gaps on Avata. Tried to turn the Avata off and put myself in a calm and relaxing environment indoors and even outdoors - it helped 100%. No fogging when I’m not flying. But when I stop relaxing and put my goggles 2 back on my face I immediately get fogging issue again.

So for me it also looks like an issue with ventilation, because I don’t have this problem with my Goggles V2 and analog Skyzones.

If you have any solution regarding Goggles 2 fogging for body positive pilots who are somewhat nervous during flying FPV I would be grateful
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Stanislav Vasiliev Posted at 10-8 14:50
Nice advice, thank you :-) I have the same problem because my body temperature and humidity changes heavily during close proximity flying and even when shooting small gaps on Avata. Tried to turn the Avata off and put myself in a calm and relaxing environment indoors and even outdoors - it helped 100%. No fogging when I’m not flying. But when I stop relaxing and put my goggles 2 back on my face I immediately get fogging issue again.

So for me it also looks like an issue with ventilation, because I don’t have this problem with my Goggles V2 and analog Skyzones.

Thank you very much for your response, Stanislav. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-10
Use props
GTRAddict
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219944 ft
United States

So far no issues, I did replace the pathetic original lining with something a bit more thick.
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_G4dU0jCURITj
lvl.1

Italy

Got the same issue. Fog everytime i put the goggles 2 on my face. Tryed to use glasses cleaning pad that helps avoiding fog, but it didn’t help. With the V2 never had this issue.
2023-1-13
Use props
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

please see my thread here
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282543
2023-1-15
Use props
fans1d47367c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2540827 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m literally so disappointed in the goggles 2.

They fog up to an extent where they’re literally unusable and I’m flying half blind.
I spent £730 plus on this pair of goggles and I regret it so much.
I’ve only used them for about 4 flights.
Less than an hour in total, but unfortunately it’s longer than the 2 weeks time limit to be able to return them.
I’m guna have to get another pair of V2s instead, but I’m guna loose a lot of money selling these 2nd hand.
They’re basically brand new, original packaging, less than an hour usage etc, but they will have to be sold for second hand price, so I’m  just loosing a couple hundred quid on nothing.

I have many different Dji products, m literally love them all but these goggles have been such an expensive let down
They’re literally unusable.
I own Air 2, Mini3Pro,Fpv, Avata, Pocket 2, Action 3 & Love them all. No issues
As a loyal customer I think Dji should allow me to return these but it’s past the 2 week window.
So disappointing
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans1d47367c Posted at 2-19 03:41
I’m literally so disappointed in the goggles 2.

They fog up to an extent where they’re literally unusable and I’m flying half blind.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team.
Hope you can understand that customers can only request Return & Refund Service in the following two situations:
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
For more details, you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_jKQ2dBzW7XhC
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone, is it normal that the ventilation of the goggles 2 is running at full speed almost all the time? THANKS
2023-5-22
Use props
GrandMaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45515 ft

New Zealand

Mine fog up Initially and clears after a few minutes but then I’ll wipe any residue left over,, but yeah it is a bloody pain
2023-6-10
Use props
Zcsmatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238061 ft
United States

Same with me, i just switched from the V2 to the new goggles 2. I love the fit and the lightweight, but the fogging is terrible.  If the V2 had the goggles 2 technology I would take that bulky monstrosity back.  SIGH! There has to be a solution.  Maybe someone will make a replacement liner that has big holes in it.  I don’t care about light getting in. I can sit in the shade.  I’m going to try propping it off my face a little with something to allow air in.  Maybe if I remove that secondary lens cover that covers the main lens... That's what's fogging up, not the inner one.  C'mon third party manufacturers, come up with a solution, please
2023-8-6
Use props
ROCDESIGN
lvl.2
Ireland

Yes I am having Fogging issues Big time on my brand new Goggles, I literally cannot fly with them. So annoying.
3-18 07:27
Use props
Eaguilera40
lvl.2
United States

The only way I have found to get around it is not to sit in direct sunlight. In the shade I don’t get the fogging issue
3-18 07:28
Use props
ROCDESIGN
lvl.2
Ireland

Totally agree - the new goggles are totally useless - I have given up trying to fly, it is way too risky. I have reverted to the V2 also.
3-18 07:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules