Serious Concern About Home Point Setting Incorrectly
1114 4 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

It seems that if you crash or your Avata loses satellites that once you start back or regain satellites the home point is updated. This is dangerous and will cause a loss of the drone.

DJI, please, in a future firmware update, change it so the home point is NOT updated until the drone is completely turned off and back on.

I made a video about this when my Avata lost satellites and lost control then once I gained them back it reset my home point in the middle of a road. Here is that video: https://youtu.be/QQz_3IbZH2A?t=235
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Paladin. This is a pretty serious issue if pilots are not aware and may panic or even disregard the updated Homepoint.  
2022-9-15
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

You know, in a future firmware update, they could have a huge red box that comes up that says "NO HOME POINT CREATED, FLY WITH CAUTION" if you begin to fly without it being set as well. I have been watching newbies showing their first flights ever on youtube and they are not waiting on a home point, and I watch for it in the video and they are 50 to 100 feet away when you see it set the home point. That too could be dangerous for a beginner. For the most part, the home point sets fairly fast, but again, I have seen some, where, for whatever reason, it did not set until they were far away.
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-15 07:42
You know, in a future firmware update, they could have a huge red box that comes up that says "NO HOME POINT CREATED, FLY WITH CAUTION" if you begin to fly without it being set as well. I have been watching newbies showing their first flights ever on youtube and they are not waiting on a home point, and I watch for it in the video and they are 50 to 100 feet away when you see it set the home point. That too could be dangerous for a beginner. For the most part, the home point sets fairly fast, but again, I have seen some, where, for whatever reason, it did not set until they were far away.

Yep, a warning might not be a bad idea. When it first arrived I did as I do with all my aircraft, test all scenarios that I can imagine. One was in fact plopping it on the ground and ripping off without a HomePoint.

Another is, just shutting off the controller at different altitudes and distances. There are a bevy of reactions from the Avata depending on the circumstances. *NOTE* Only test in wide open spaces!!!
2022-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules