RS3 Pro Horizon Issue
9625 33 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvli
lvl.1
Canada

We have 2 RS3 Pro units and both out of the box have horizon issues.
The cameras are perfectly balanced on all axis'. The autocalibration for the horizon works but as soon as the gimbal is in use it quickly goes back to being tilted.

The only solution was to set them to -1.7 degrees manually, but the horizon, still, goes off level from time to time.
2022-9-12
Use props
brieucLM
lvl.1

France

Hi, You mean tilt issue or Roll issue ? We have a lot of roll issue.. always loosing the level..
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a video to further verify your issue?
2022-9-15
Use props
Jamey_R
lvl.1
United States

I've had similar issues with my RS3 Pro as well. The roll axis is off by a little over 1 degree, so I have to use the manual horizon adjustment to account for it. I haven't tried the most recent firmware yet, but I'll install it and report back if it improves.
2022-10-3
Use props
nghia89
lvl.1

Vietnam

Im facing the same issue. Level is not balancing, horizon calibration does not work. Please fix this problem DJI
2022-10-5
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

Same problem today. I was in the middle of a job when the roll axis became off by 1.5⁰. I don't know what have happened, but I just used the manual tune and keept filmming. After some time, off again. But when I opened the manual tune it was set to zero and suddently the roll axis became in place. At home I couldn't reproduce the problem. Is that a firmware problem or is my unit defective? The roll isn't reliable at all... That wasn't cheap, you know RS3
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_svIscPOZbLeK
New
United States

The rs3 is essentially useless for my use with the roll and drift issues. Attempting to run it on the Hydra mount system proved to be a nightmare and this was three experienced gimbal operators looking at it.
Luckily the rs2 worked flawlessly when swaped over, but having a brand new paperweight is infuriating
2022-10-23
Use props
ajfny
New

United States

Having the exact same issue - no matter what I do it's consistently off roll axis just slightly dropping to the right. Hard to tell when operating but in editing it becomes very clear. In adobe premiere I have to consistantly apply a -1 degree correction.

I've done recalibration, rebalance, system reset, new firmmware, auto horizon calibration, and manual - though manual can be tricky to nail precisely. Either way, it shouldn't be this difficult.

This makes the device near useless for me as I'm mostly handing off footage to clients. This is unacceptable.

Please address and fix asap.

Thanks!
2022-11-1
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 05:01
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a video to further verify your issue?

No update?
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Our engineers would like to have a video to further confirm the issue. Would you please help?
2022-11-3
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 19:39
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Our engineers would like to have a video to further confirm the issue. Would you please help?

Sorry, I can't share a long video from the job and is the only one I have with the problem
I'll try to take a day off just to make some tests.

But the problem was very simple... The horizon was calibrated and after a few minutes walking, running and filmming everything around in PTF mode, it went off. Just that. I didn't change anything during this time. It just went off after some normal use.
The roll axis was also a little wobbly during a basic walking forward movement. I have other post about this second issue with a sort video and some tech info (balance, etc). Maybe there's something usefull..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5&page=1#pid2896160
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Vitor G.D. Posted at 11-4 10:54
Sorry, I can't share a long video from the job and is the only one I have with the problem
I'll try to take a day off just to make some tests.

May we double confirm that the suggestions given by DJI Natalia work for you? Our engineers can not reproduce the issue you said so we are eager for a video to further confirm the issue. Hope you understand.
2022-11-4
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 19:09
May we double confirm that the suggestions given by DJI Natalia work for you? Our engineers can not reproduce the issue you said so we are eager for a video to further confirm the issue. Hope you understand.

No.. didn't work. Same problems.
I'll see if I can share the video from the job.

Thanks
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Vitor G.D. Posted at 11-4 21:15
No.. didn't work. Same problems.
I'll see if I can share the video from the job.

Thank you so much. We will wait for your reply.
2022-11-4
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 22:26
Thank you so much. We will wait for your reply.

Hi! I was able to get the issue on camera, but it was in my kitchen and it was a mess. Can I sent it to you in private? Hahaha.
About the other issues I've mentioned before, the team have them confirmed. I think my unit is all messed up
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Vitor G.D. Posted at 11-12 06:53
Hi! I was able to get the issue on camera, but it was in my kitchen and it was a mess. Can I sent it to you in private? Hahaha.
About the other issues I've mentioned before, the team have them confirmed. I think my unit is all messed up

Hi, of course. You may send us through PM.
2022-11-12
Use props
sujeng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72015158 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

Im using my RS3 on my M600Pro. It had a horrible roll holding issue. I saw on youtube a guy that uses the external GPS module and it made perfect sense. I bought it. Bought the adapter for the RS2, RS3 and RS3 Pro and that fixed the issue in a 90%.

BMPCC4k DZOFilm 10-24mm Rs3 Pro M600 Pro

BMPCC4k DZOFilm 10-24mm Rs3 Pro M600 Pro

M600 Pro with RS3 Pro

M600 Pro with RS3 Pro
2022-11-13
Use props
seanarcher
New

Russia

Hello! I have the same problem with RS3 Pro , the horizon collapses by more than 5 degrees in 2-3 minutes in a stationary position and when moving on the camera crane. Calibration helps for a few minutes, then the horizon starts to change again, but it can be 0. Unpredictable, always different. The stabilizer is perfectly balanced.
Please fix the problem and return the screen rotate as it was on pc2
2022-11-14
Use props
Thierryf
New

Switzerland

I had the same problem. I solved it by retightening the sliders while holding up my camera.
2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_8edWerqV5MiJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26424 ft
United States

Having the same issue. I did the horizon calibration through the app and it still doesn’t work. I’ve found it’s the worst when I tip the gimbal forward into “briefcase” fashion and have it set to FPV mode, although it happens in other modes as well. I have a video of it but it will not let me upload it here.
2022-12-7
Use props
vividimagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26424 ft
United States

djiuser_8edWerqV5MiJ Posted at 12-7 14:03
Having the same issue. I did the horizon calibration through the app and it still doesn’t work. I’ve found it’s the worst when I tip the gimbal forward into “briefcase” fashion and have it set to FPV mode, although it happens in other modes as well. I have a video of it but it will not let me upload it here.

Video of Issue
Here is a link to the video of the issue.
2022-12-7
Use props
PCSTAR
lvl.1
  • >>>
Vietnam

I have same problem in the RS3 Pro! The DJI have warranty the new gimbal body (the first gimbal have the perfect balance but when tilt up or use it for paning, after some minutes it not in the balance)  for me but it still have the issue? Is it issued by the firmware because when use Horizon Calibration function, it take exactly level in balance but when it finished, it return the issue by 1-1.2 degree without level balance! Do DJI have solutions for this, because i need the gimbal for my work but every time returned it for warranty, it take 2-3 weeks, i can't wait!
This is the picture of my issue on my RS3 Pro!
2023-3-23
Use props
GeForceGinger
lvl.1

United States

I am having the exact same issue with my RS3 Pro with my a7iv.  I have had numerous gimbals and am very experienced balancing/operating this type of gear.   Literally just my camera and lens perfectly balanced on gimbal goes off horizontal axis almost immediately.  I paid top dollar for this gimbal and am a very unhappy customer.  This makes all my footage unusable.  Defintely letting all my professional buddies know to stay away from DJI.  Especially since this is apparently a common issue that DJI has not addressed.  Poor customer service, especially for thier flagship model!  
2023-4-23
Use props
lvli
lvl.1
Canada

Quick update from my end. I had a power pin break on my original RS3 pro, so I had the original gimbal replaced through DJI refresh. The roll issue for the most part seems to have been fixed on this second unit. Although it still occurs occasionally, when it does, it's not as pronounced.

I often have it on the Tilta Hydra Alien, and I can attest that having the GPS unit does help immensely. I've had it perform up to ~120km/hr mounted on the front of my truck.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_FRm0gGJBJbYD
New

Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-9-15 05:01

Hey DJI Wanda,

i have the same issue, when I start the the Horizon Calibration, during the process its leveled to 0,0 degree and after the calibration its change to the issue back maybe 1,5 degree.... you can see it clearly in the Video that it changes the I start the calibration and when its ends and the issue comes back. I try to find some tips to fix the issue but nothing works...

How can i upload the Video here?
thanks Martin
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GeForceGinger Posted at 4-23 18:17
I am having the exact same issue with my RS3 Pro with my a7iv.  I have had numerous gimbals and am very experienced balancing/operating this type of gear.   Literally just my camera and lens perfectly balanced on gimbal goes off horizontal axis almost immediately.  I paid top dollar for this gimbal and am a very unhappy customer.  This makes all my footage unusable.  Defintely letting all my professional buddies know to stay away from DJI.  Especially since this is apparently a common issue that DJI has not addressed.  Poor customer service, especially for thier flagship model!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you contact our support for this issue?
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_FRm0gGJBJbYD Posted at 4-30 13:10
Hey DJI Wanda,

i have the same issue, when I start the the Horizon Calibration, during the process its leveled to 0,0 degree and after the calibration its change to the issue back maybe 1,5 degree.... you can see it clearly in the Video that it changes the I start the calibration and when its ends and the issue comes back. I try to find some tips to fix the issue but nothing works...

Hi, Martin. Sorry for the late response. Please upload it to a cloud drive or a platform then share the link. Thank you in advance,
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_iTxpdNoR5Ewu
New

United Kingdom

Have just bought the RS3 pro and I'm having the same problem. Glad I'm not the only one.
2023-7-21
Use props
CJJordan
lvl.2
United States

sujeng Posted at 2022-11-13 16:31
Im using my RS3 on my M600Pro. It had a horrible roll holding issue. I saw on youtube a guy that uses the external GPS module and it made perfect sense. I bought it. Bought the adapter for the RS2, RS3 and RS3 Pro and that fixed the issue in a 90%.[Image]

Wow how did you mount the gimbal to the M600, and what accessories did you need? How do you control it when it’s airborn?

Thank you so much for a response!
Chris
2023-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Eln8L4CMpBzj
New

Chile

Hello there

I have the same problems with the horizon, there's no instance that the RS3 fail to return and sustain it, the only shortcut is to press twice the front button.
Please work in a rapid solution,

2023-8-8
Use props
David RFC
New

United States

Having the same issues. Anyone find the solution?
2023-8-11
Use props
djiuser_W0sWpjopdYkI
New
United States

Having same issue with rs3 pro. This unit cost entirely too much for it to not function properly.
2023-12-16
Use props
djiuser_ipUc5eGFL68g
New

Canada

I just purchased the RS3 and realized the same issue. Apparently DJI hast addressed this issue. I will return it and go for differentiation brand
1-7 09:51
Use props
djiuser_3j7JH5CzdfL5
New

Germany

Is there still no fix for this?
4-14 01:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules