How to put DJI mic into stereo mode for iPhone
8373 19 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

As you know DJI mic will not give you stereo input into a iPhone.
Here is the workaround.
You must buy this cable, Saramonic 3.5 mm "LC-C35" Mail jack to lightning audio interface.
I bought mine at BNH photo for $59 and here is the link :
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... fied_lightning.html

You're welcome DJI for having us civilians fix your problem…
Maybe you can respond back to this thread and let us know if there is a firmware update to allow iPhone to record in stereo mode.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Paul. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours. In addition, we will coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_zD8NWvgrATe0
New

Georgia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-12 21:21
Hi there, Paul. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours. In addition, we will coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.

Any news about this issue after 6 months? Could you explain why we cant get stereo audio with your device? If software update cant fix it, It would be great if you make new lightnight adapter and sell for cheap price and fix the problem!
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zD8NWvgrATe0 Posted at 3-7 23:22
Any news about this issue after 6 months? Could you explain why we cant get stereo audio with your device? If software update cant fix it, It would be great if you make new lightnight adapter and sell for cheap price and fix the problem!

Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback. Due to the limitations of the iPhone’s Lightning port, only mono effect recording is supported when the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (lightning) or the DJI Mic Camera Audio Cable (3.5 mm TRS) is used for connection. To conduct the stereo effect recording, please connect according to the specified solution. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Solution:
1.  iPhone + Lightning to USB-A adapter cable + USB-A to USB-C cable (original power cable) + DJI Mic receiver: Stereo recording is supported.
2. iPhone + Lightning to USB-C adapter + USB-C adapter + DJI Mic receiver: Stereo recording is supported.
* The Lightning to USB-C adapter must support an external microphone with digital chip.
2023-3-7
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1491545 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
is there any solution for Android?
Cheers

2023-3-14
Use props
PPi
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-7 23:53
Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback. Due to the limitations of the iPhone’s Lightning port, only mono effect recording is supported when the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (lightning) or the DJI Mic Camera Audio Cable (3.5 mm TRS) is used for connection. To conduct the stereo effect recording, please connect according to the specified solution. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Solution:
1.  iPhone + Lightning to USB-A adapter cable + USB-A to USB-C cable (original power cable) + DJI Mic receiver: Stereo recording is supported.

I think you are trying to say that the DJI Mic Mobile Adapter (Lightning) has limitations because it does not include the required chip to support stereo audio. Otherwise, the described Lightning-USB-A adapter cable wouldn't work either.

I hope DJI will make an improved adapter with a required chip inside in the first place. I don't know if this is a size constraint. I would definitely buy this as an upgrade.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PPi Posted at 3-20 23:03
I think you are trying to say that the DJI Mic Mobile Adapter (Lightning) has limitations because it does not include the required chip to support stereo audio. Otherwise, the described Lightning-USB-A adapter cable wouldn't work either.

I hope DJI will make an improved adapter with a required chip inside in the first place. I don't know if this is a size constraint. I would definitely buy this as an upgrade.

Thanks for your advice. We will forward this to our engineers. Currently, please refer to the specified method for mono-effect recording.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

El Duderinero Posted at 3-14 09:16
Hello,
is there any solution for Android?
Cheers

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what is your mobile device?
2023-3-20
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 23:38
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what is your mobile device?

Hello,

the problem is with Xiaomi 12T Pro (Android 13). It it mixes L/R to mono. Tried with default camera app, 3rd party camera app and voice recorder.

Tested DJI Mic with a Xiaomi 10T Pro (Android 12). It worked flawlessly.
Tested DJI Mic with Google Pixel 6 (Android 13). It worked flawlessly.

So I think I will have to get in contact with Xiaomi Support.
Please let me know if you got any insights about probable compatability issues with DJI Mic and Xiaomi 12T Pro.

Kind regards
Alexander
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

El Duderinero Posted at 3-22 01:15
Hello,

the problem is with Xiaomi 12T Pro (Android 13). It it mixes L/R to mono. Tried with default camera app, 3rd party camera app and voice recorder.

Thanks for your reply. May we have an audio clip that contains the issue you said?
We will consult with our teams.
2023-3-22
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 04:39
Thanks for your reply. May we have an audio clip that contains the issue you said?
We will consult with our teams.

Hello,
this is a short clip. DJI Mic set to stereo. Left Channel "Speaker", right channel office atmo while I wander a away from channnel right.

https://cloud.mobyklick.de/index.php/s/nakRrWSG5pBEeCz

Kind regards
Alexander
2023-3-22
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
I did get a reply from Xiaomi-Support.  They say they have no information about any compatability between Mi 12T Pro and DJI Mic. I should contact the manufacturer of the product.
Kind regards
Alexander
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

El Duderinero Posted at 3-23 06:26
Hello,
I did get a reply from Xiaomi-Support.  They say they have no information about any compatability between Mi 12T Pro and DJI Mic. I should contact the manufacturer of the product.
Kind regards

Thank you for your reply. We have forwarded it to our engineers. We will come back to you if we get any answer or response.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

El Duderinero Posted at 3-23 06:26
Hello,
Kind regards

We apologize for the inconvenience. After confirmation by the DJI engineers, due to restrictions of the mobile phone, the DJI Mic cannot be used with it for audio pickup during video recording, and only the pure audio pickup in the mobile phone’s “memo” is supported. If you need to pick up audio during video recording, we recommend that you use a mobile phone of another brand. Thank you for your support and feedback.
Meanwhile, I will register your opinions and provide feedback to DJI engineers for evaluation. If any new model is supported later, we will add it to the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Compatibility List (https://www.dji.com/mic/downloads). Please rest assured.

2023-3-24
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
now u got me confused   

I got your compatability list from Xiaomi:
Link to pdf
Xiaomi 12 is indeed listed. AND I did test the phone's audio recorder and it records also in mono although the DJI Mic is set to stereo.
https://cloud.mobyklick.de/index.php/s/tTS6AcABo6tsoqW

Would you please be so kind and tell me what the phones restrictions are, eg. cpu brand not supported?

Thanks for your support.

2023-3-25
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
any news here would be highly appreciated, since you list the phone  in your compatability list.
Thank you for your support.
2023-4-28
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-24 22:08
We apologize for the inconvenience. After confirmation by the DJI engineers, due to restrictions of the mobile phone, the DJI Mic cannot be used with it for audio pickup during video recording, and only the pure audio pickup in the mobile phone’s “memo” is supported. If you need to pick up audio during video recording, we recommend that you use a mobile phone of another brand. Thank you for your support and feedback.
Meanwhile, I will register your opinions and provide feedback to DJI engineers for evaluation. If any new model is supported later, we will add it to the DJI Mic Mobile Phone Compatibility List (https://www.dji.com/mic/downloads). Please rest assured.

Hello,
the thing is that audio and video is recorded, despite your engineers statement, but the stereo is mixed to mono. Please give this information to the DJI engineers.
Now the question is: why does the dji mic, when plugged into the Xiaomi 12T Pro, does not "tell" the device that it delivers a stereo signal?
Or DJI mic gives the information about the stereo signal but the Xiaomi 12T Pro simply ignores it.
I dont know and I am not a developer.
Kind regards and thank you for your support.
2023-5-8
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for all your help. It is definately a problem with Xiaomi. Just tested with a Blue Yeti USB-C microphone and the Xiaomi switches to mono.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

El Duderinero Posted at 5-9 12:17
Thanks for all your help. It is definately a problem with Xiaomi. Just tested with a Blue Yeti USB-C microphone and the Xiaomi switches to mono.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know if our response resolved your question?
2023-5-13
Use props
El Duderinero
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hello there,
now I am sorry for the late response.
So DJI Mic is NOT 100% compatible with Xiaomi 12T Pro TLFEUXM (now on Android 13 Version, 14.0.15.0 and counting) Please update DJI compatibiility list.
Reason: the recorded audio is mono. It does not matter which software is used on the Xiaomi. And yes I set the DJI Mic to stereo.
I even did a downgrade to Android 12, but with the same results.
So I have yet to decide if I sell the DJI mic or the Xiaomi 12T pro.

Kind regards
Alexander
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules