4951 9 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Hi,

First of all, I am a experienced DJI user and I own many DJI drones. Got the Mavic 3 today and tried out the Explore Mode. But when I zoom in until i reach 4x and I tap once again on the 4x button, the image freezes and I am not able to start a video or taking a photo. Sometimes it's even necessary to restart the drone to get the video stream working again. Seems like the telephoto camera fails to initialize.

Specs:

Mavic 3 (NO cine)
Galaxy S20 FE
Android 12
Latest Mavic 3 Firmware
Latest DJI Fly App

Cleared the app cache, reinstalled the DJI Fly app, nothing helped.
Can you please help me?

Thank you
Michael
2022-9-12
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't know many people who would actively choose to use the explore mode over just zooming in a camera mode, as the explore mode doesn't let you manually control the camera settings and is just a legacy system from when the M3 was first released and didn't have manual settings.

What I'm getting at... is this just an issue in explore mode or can you use the tele lens in the normal camera mode?
2022-9-12
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Germany

I'm not able to open the tele cam at all, even in the normal photo mode when I tap on the 7x-button. The image instant freezes and the app won't change to 7x zoom.
2022-9-12
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MikeCH Posted at 9-12 09:53
I'm not able to open the tele cam at all, even in the normal photo mode when I tap on the 7x-button. The image instant freezes and the app won't change to 7x zoom.

I would recommend connecting the drone to DJI Assistant and refreshing the firmware. You can download this application from the M3 support page.
2022-9-12
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Yes, Re-flash the firmware using DJI assistant connected to a computer. If re flashing firmware fails to fix the issue, you likely need to send the drone back to DJI. They will most certainly replace it for you.
2022-9-12
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Germany

I just did a firmware refresh with DJI Assistant, but the issue still persist. Regardless in which mode i try to enter the tele camera, the video feed instantly freezes. If I try to take a photo or a video then, the drone hangs completely and is even unable to communicate with DJI Assistant ("Loading")...

I think I have to send it back. Thanks guys.
2022-9-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeCH Posted at 9-12 10:31
I just did a firmware refresh with DJI Assistant, but the issue still persist. Regardless in which mode i try to enter the tele camera, the video feed instantly freezes. If I try to take a photo or a video then, the drone hangs completely and is even unable to communicate with DJI Assistant ("Loading")...

I think I have to send it back. Thanks guys.

Mike, just to confirm, you are using a different wire to connect to the computer than the one you are using for controller to phone/tablet?
2022-9-12
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Germany

I used the original usb cable which has been supplied with the drone. The one to charge the controller.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Mike. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Since you already perform all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue but still the issue persists,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-9-12
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Germany

Hi guys,

The drone has been replaced by DJI. Just waiting for the new drone to arrive. Excellent service and very short processing time. Also very friendly phone support. My drone arrived on last Friday 12:00pm at DJI Europe in Netherlands, and just two hours later I got the problem confirmed and a DHL tracking number assigned.

THANK YOU DJI. This is how every company should care about its customers!
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules