Can I charge my Avata with my Air 2s charger?
2371 2 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MC1337
lvl.1
United States

I've been searching all over and I've found so much random information regarding volts/watts etc. my eyes are starting to glaze over. The fact that the Avata didn't come with power adapters has caused some confusion for me because now I have to figure out the exact watt/volts that I can use without potentially damaging the batteries for the Avata, headset v2, and motion controller. Would I be able to use my Air 2s charger for my Avata, headset, and motion controller? I'm assuming there are some people out there with other DJI drones and figured they might be in a similar scenario. I've attached a picture of the Air 2s charger specs, it appears the USB port outputs 10W. I've seen postings discussing PD power adapters (which I honestly haven't heard of until now). Most things I'm reading say you can use a PD adapter for the Avata and Headset battery ONLY, and not to use this with the motion controller. So, from what I can tell, it appears I should buy a PD adapter to charge my Avata and headset battery, and use either my Air 2s charger for my motion controller or a separate power adapter that is 10W (5V 2A). I really appreciate any help & input, these last few days have been full of headaches relating to this.
air 2s charger.jpg
avata charging.png
avata voltages.png
2022-9-12
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

I use my mavic 2 charger, if I'm happy slow charging over night for my batteries. But I also have a 60w pid charger if I want to charge them in a hurry.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here on how they charge their components. In addition, you may follow the proper way of charging the components on the 2nd image that you posted to avoid issues. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules