962 29 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Three 360's, taken yesterday and today.
The first is a UK reservoir under drought condtions. Usually the stone bridge is underwater, but is currently visible.

The second & third are church interiors taken today. It was a tricky pano to create with lots of corrections needed.
I think I missed one of two corrections.

Thanks for looking :-)

Edit:A second sphere of the same church.

2022-9-12
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for posting! Both turned out great
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Magnificent sphere shot, MS! We really appreciate you for sharing this with us. Have a nice day ahead.
2022-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, I especially love the church interior.
How did you stitch this?
From my experience the DJI app does not do a good job here. (with all the lens corrections going on making it hard to stitch objects that are closer by)
2022-9-12
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Nice pics
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-12 22:51
Wow, I especially love the church interior.
How did you stitch this?
From my experience the DJI app does not do a good job here. (with all the lens corrections going on making it hard to stitch objects that are closer by)

Thank you very much everyone

Montfrooji,
I didn't look at the DJI effort, as it can fail.
After spending hours trying to create a panorama using PanoramaStudio 3 Pro, getting bad stitching and black holes in the floor and ceiling, for some reason.
I stitched the photos with "Microsoft ICE". Then processed the image in Photoshop/Adobe Camera RAW to correct the stitching errors.
To fix the errors I draw a selection around the area, transform the selection using CTRL T. Right click in the selection box and choose Skew, then move the grab handle of the box to warp the area to blend in with the surroundings. Finally use the Clone Stamp if needed.

Resize the image to 15000 x 7500 and save a JPG.

Import the panorama into PanoramaStudio 3 Pro, which should give you a dialogue box that allows you to select a Full 360 degree panorama and Spherical projection.
Then I render it and save a JPG.
It should then be 360 sphere pano recognised by SkyPixel, FaceBook or your phone's gallery software.
2022-9-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

amazing.  for the church were you flying atti mode?
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MS Posted at 9-13 00:43

Thanks for the explanation!
Quite a big effort indeed.
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 9-13 00:51
amazing.  for the church were you flying atti mode?

Thank you.
I've no idea what that is. I just flew it as normal, but without a GPS signal, if that answers your question.
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-13 01:14
Thanks for the explanation!
Quite a big effort indeed.

My pleasure.
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-9-13
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

MS Posted at 9-13 00:43

Question: did you have had GPS reception in the church?
If yes, did you select these options under "Parameters/Advanced Settings" in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro before aligning?

Normally PS3P should then show a perfect result when stitching. However, it should always be kept in mind that the Mini 3 is not a camera on a nodal point adapter. With the short distances in the church, the spatial blurring of the drone rotation can lead to parallax errors.

However, the distortion of the power lines and the sky in the first panorama should be easily avoided by the above parameters in PS3P.
2022-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool MS.   
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 9-13 01:35
If yes, did you select these options under "Parameters/Advanced Settings" in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro before aligning?

I appreciate the advice, thank you.
There wasn't a GPS signal in the church.
No, for the settings.

I'll take note of those settings for future use. I plan to take the reservoir shot again, but in better weather conditions, so I'll try them out  then.
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you very much
2022-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 9-13 01:52
Thank you very much

You're very welcome.
2022-9-13
Use props
UAVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome shot well taken..
2022-9-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 9-13 01:15
Thank you.
I've no idea what that is. I just flew it as normal, but without a GPS signal, if that answers your question.

Yeah ATTI mode is when you don't get GPS so the drone would naturally drift so you did this all manually.  Guess you were up high enough to not be problemed by prop wash from underneath.

Really cool job there

ATTI mode (short for Attitude mode) is a flight mode in DJI drones where the GPS positioning and other visual positioning systems are disabled. In this mode, the flight has to be done completely manually. Without the aid of automatic positioning systems, a drone will not maintain a stable hover.
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UAVin Posted at 9-13 01:58
Awesome shot well taken..

Thank you
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 9-13 02:29
Yeah ATTI mode is when you don't get GPS so the drone would naturally drift so you did this all manually.  Guess you were up high enough to not be problemed by prop wash from underneath.

Really cool job there

Thanks for the explanation.
I did blow a few candles out flying over them
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Beautiful locations.
2022-9-13
Use props
UAVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 9-13 04:12
Thank you

Welcome
2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both very impressive 360s.    I really appreciate the work you put into these 360s.  
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-13 10:58
Both very impressive 360s.    I really appreciate the work you put into these 360s.

Thank you very much
I like doing them, but they're time consuming to iron out all the stitching errors.
I also like viewing the little planet versions, you get some weird patterns as you move the cursor around.
I've posted a third sphere. I've just noticed I've missed an error... doh!
2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MS Posted at 9-13 11:18
Thank you very much
I like doing them, but they're time consuming to iron out all the stitching errors.
I also like viewing the little planet versions, you get some weird patterns as you move the cursor around.

You're most welcome MS.    No doubt about being time consuming.  
2022-9-13
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 9-13 01:35
If yes, did you select these options under "arameters/Advanced Settings" in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro before aligning?

I think this is the  realisation the drone will move around and if close enough to have things over you it will be hard for the drone to avoid parallax so most 360 panos in these cases (even if DJI fix the hole at the zenith ) will require closer attention and editing.

Having said that you have done a great job on those interior shots   
2022-9-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-13 16:01
I think this is the  realisation the drone will move around and if close enough to have things over you it will be hard for the drone to avoid parallax so most 360 panos in these cases (even if DJI fix the hole at the zenith ) will require closer attention and editing.

Having said that you have done a great job on those interior shots

Thank you kind Sir
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Hi MS, one more tip regarding your first pano. Unfortunately, when excessively editing to refine the flat equirectangular photo, uneven brightness distributions often occur. However, you can eliminate the brightness differences at the edge of the seam very easily by extending the working area of the image on the right side by e.g. 2000 px (for example, instead of 18032: 20032px) in your editor (Photoshop?). Then you mark 2000 px on the left side with the rectangle tool, cut them out and place them flush on the newly created space on the right side. Now you can see the differences in brightness very clearly. Then the two layers are merged as background. Now mark exactly 2000 px on the right side with the rectangle tool and switch off the visibility with <ctrl><H>. Now select the Dodge and Burn tool, choose a sufficiently large brush with a soft edge and try to equalize the differences in brightness on the selected right side using 'lighten' and 'dodge'. Once you have done that, you only need to cut off the now superfluous 2000 px on the left side. The finished panorama now has no visible seam edge.

If you still have the 'old' Photoshop CC2018 (it no longer works with the current PS), you can also retouch the possibly visible pivot point in the zenith in the sphere of the 3D function. This can be also done with the much cheaper 'Affinity Photo'.

Since English is not my native language and I use Photoshop only with German interface, I am unfortunately not familiar with the English terms of the functions. I hope I could make myself understandable anyway.
2022-9-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 9-14 03:35
Hi MS, one more tip regarding your first pano. Unfortunately, when excessively editing to refine the flat equirectangular photo, uneven brightness distributions often occur. However, you can eliminate the brightness differences at the edge of the seam very easily by extending the working area of the image on the right side by e.g. 2000 px (for example, instead of 18032: 20032px) in your editor (Photoshop?). Then you mark 2000 px on the left side with the rectangle tool, cut them out and place them flush on the newly created space on the right side. Now you can see the differences in brightness very clearly. Then the two layers are merged as background. Now mark exactly 2000 px on the right side with the rectangle tool and switch off the visibility with . Now select the Dodge and Burn tool, choose a sufficiently large brush with a soft edge and try to equalize the differences in brightness on the selected right side using 'lighten' and 'dodge'. Once you have done that, you only need to cut off the now superfluous 2000 px on the left side. The finished panorama now has no visible seam edge.

If you still have the 'old' Photoshop CC2018 (it no longer works with the current PS), you can also retouch the possibly visible pivot point in the zenith in the sphere of the 3D function. This can be also done with the much cheaper 'Affinity Photo'.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Reading it through the first time, it appears very complicated.
But I will refer back to your help in the future. I suppose once you have tried it, it becomes easier the second time.

Thanks again
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules