MAVIC 3 takes light swim
740 3 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-SRExplicit
lvl.1

United States

Hi my drone fell in the water yesterday, but inside my backpack while i was jetskiing, drone was off but got wet ,not completley submerged. Mostly the Camera has alot of moisture . can the silica gel remove moisture ?? is it better to remove small gimbal covers and let air in? also the white stickers in the gimbal and lower motherboard seems to be red but not damaged maybe got some water in it but the rest of motherboards dont look damaged. and everyhting seems dry but i still want to wait another week or two to completley dry out..im just worried about the battery and gimbal cameras..
Thanks any suggestions would really help ..
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI-SRExplicit
lvl.1

United States

ok but I don't have refresh and I didn't purchase the insurance when i bought it and i don't think i can apply this for any of that since I've already flown it a lot and I'm thinking it might cost a lot to repair it and send it, and all of that process. I want to know if the regular warranty covers the whole drone since i wasn't even flying it. or am I just going to have to pay for it all. I don't want to send it and find out it doesn't work and then have to buy a new one. I got it back in April and i think that's late for some of the warranty features. I'm just confused a bit about how the warranty works, I've read through it and it seems like you won't be able to help out in this kind situation. I'm just gonna wait to dry it out a couple weeks and see if it still turns on and works. quite an expensive mistake i made but it happens, thanks anyways.
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJI-SRExplicit Posted at 9-13 19:36
ok but I don't have refresh and I didn't purchase the insurance when i bought it and i don't think i can apply this for any of that since I've already flown it a lot and I'm thinking it might cost a lot to repair it and send it, and all of that process. I want to know if the regular warranty covers the whole drone since i wasn't even flying it. or am I just going to have to pay for it all. I don't want to send it and find out it doesn't work and then have to buy a new one. I got it back in April and i think that's late for some of the warranty features. I'm just confused a bit about how the warranty works, I've read through it and it seems like you won't be able to help out in this kind situation. I'm just gonna wait to dry it out a couple weeks and see if it still turns on and works. quite an expensive mistake i made but it happens, thanks anyways.

We understand your concerns. For this situation, you are still advised to send it back for further testing. Please rest assured that our team will provide you with the related solution according to the assessment result. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules