Mavic 2 zoom los of downlink
740 3 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

I posted about this event in another forum on this board:
0) Drone is a Mavic 2 zooom, stock controller, batteries are fresh, never crashed, etc.  Latest firmware.  I use a Samsung A7 8.7" tablet as a screen that has cellular data, which was on.
1) On occasion in the area where I fly, I am sometimes asked to calibrate the drone.  
    a) It's possible I am on a large burried water tank.  This time I didn't have a compass calibration error or any errors at all.

2) I was running waypoints 2.0, all was fine, no issues at all.  I ran 5 or 6 routes, increasing the speed, etc.  All was well.
3) I started the same program as in #2, above, and the drone went up about 20ft to the first waypoint altitude and sat there for a few seconds.
4) The drone then went straight up 248ft (76M).  I lost sight of it.  I heard some beeping, must have been a warning that it lost the downlink as it was stated in the flight log.

a) flight log said it lost the downlink for 34 seconds and drone was returning to home and then landing.
    b) drone was actually up 550ft as I was on top of a smal, 300ftl knoll overlooking the water.
5) Not knowing what was going on, I pulled the down stick so hard I got a stick error, more beeping.  My pulse rate hit about 170, BP about 300/150.
6) After about 2 minutes I caught sight of the drone coming down.  I thought I was controlling it until it rotated and landed pefectly, within inches of its home point.  Pretty cool.
7) after my blood pressure and pulse came back to normal, I flew it from the same spot for another 30 minutes without errors.
8) What could have caused the downlink issue?

I have the flight log but with the exception of saying that it lost the downlink and was resetting for 34 seconds, it didnt give me a reason for the loss fo signal.  At first I thought there was an error in the waypoints code sending it up so high but according to the log, it doesn't look that way.

Is it possible that the tablet caused the interference and loss of signal?  Should I fly it with the tablet/phone in airplane mode after loading the map?  Could the biurried tank have caused the loss of signal?  I would think the tank would cause compass errors but not LOS, no?  I'm not even sure the resevoir has a metal tank burried there, I am checking.

Ideas?  I've lost a little confidence in the drone even though I've not had a recurrence of the downlink failure.  I do get compass errors if I am near a car when I turn the drone on but otherwise all is well.  the flight log is attached.  If you load it, you will notice the large circle indicative of the underground tank.

Thanks

Jerry

DJIFlightRecord_2022-09-03_[16-09-07].txt.zip

110.04 KB, Down times: 1

2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jerry. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-9-13
Use props
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 19:39
Hello there Jerry. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

looks like the Samsung A7 tab (tablet), the 8.7" isn't supported.  I have a samsung note 8 I will use until I have a safe place to test the A7 tablet.

Thank you for the information, Stephen, and prompt reply.

Regards,

Jerry
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cncjerry Posted at 9-13 19:58
looks like the Samsung A7 tab (tablet), the 8.7" isn't supported.  I have a samsung note 8 I will use until I have a safe place to test the A7 tablet.

Thank you for the information, Stephen, and prompt reply.

Hi there Jerry. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules