Block segmentation P4RTK and Matrice 300 RTK
1518 3 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31da9163
lvl.1
Pakistan

Greetings from Balochistan!
For large area mapping block segmentation in mapping is a very useful mission planning option (Phantom 4RTK) but in Matrice 300 there is no such option.  

I wonder how to manage large areas like 5000 acres to 10,000 acres in flights. If I segment large area in polygon-blocks with overlapping boundary, will it work  during construction of Ortho?  Any guidance please?

2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. It is recommended to use other software to create a kml file on the computer, plan each plane's flight area, and import it into the DJI Pilot to create the flight mission. Besides, we have forwarded your feedback to our team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-15
Use props
fans31da9163
lvl.1
Pakistan

DJI Thor Posted at 9-15 18:46
Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. It is recommended to use other software to create a kml file on the computer, plan each plane's flight area, and import it into the DJI Pilot to create the flight mission. Besides, we have forwarded your feedback to our team. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for your guidance. I just prepared polygon-blocks in Google Earth for KML imports in RS of Matrice 300. I kept boundary overlap at 90ft. In the 90 ft. overlap area I plan to place GCPs so that these can be used by adjoining blocks. GCPs board size is 42x42 inches which is easily detectable (even if this is a 3x3 Aruco marker) at flight altitude of 1200 ft.

I hope 90 ft. overlap of boundary will work as far as placing GCPs in this area is concerned but I am not sure if there will be any issue in reconstruction or not. Area to be mapped is 5000 acres.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans31da9163 Posted at 9-15 23:53
Thanks for your guidance. I just prepared polygon-blocks in Google Earth for KML imports in RS of Matrice 300. I kept boundary overlap at 90ft. In the 90 ft. overlap area I plan to place GCPs so that these can be used by adjoining blocks. GCPs board size is 42x42 inches which is easily detectable (even if this is a 3x3 Aruco marker) at flight altitude of 1200 ft.

I hope 90 ft. overlap of boundary will work as far as placing GCPs in this area is concerned but I am not sure if there will be any issue in reconstruction or not. Area to be mapped is 5000 acres.

Thank you for your information. If there is anything we can help with, please feel free to tell us.
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules