Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DXO The suspense is killing me....
12Next >
4464 77 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

This link https://www.dxo.com/supported-cameras/ is where DXO will show that the Mini 3 Pro DNG's are supported for RAW conversion.
It was supposed to be ready last week but their forum advised there was a small delay and would be this week. Will be interesting to see how PureRaw2 or Photolab handles the Mini 3 Pro files. So far I have only found Adobe Camera RAW to be converting properly but given it's DeepPrime processing there is quite the expectation on DXO.
2022-9-13
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Longingly waiting for a highly splashing spray at one of the Pancake blowholes. A nearby photographer then made a statement I'll never forget: "It counts to be patient!" Seems like a good motto here, too, Bussty.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 9-13 03:36
Longingly waiting for a highly splashing spray at one of the Pancake blowholes. A nearby photographer then made a statement I'll never forget: "It counts to be patient!" Seems like a good motto here, too, Bussty.

Lol if only I could be
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  
2022-9-13
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 19:35
Hello there Bussty. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Cheers DJI Stephen will be good to have some other RAW converters able to develop Mini 3 pro DNG's correctly.

Cheers

Bussty
2022-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking forward to see if its good enough to move me away from Adobe.    I assume your using PureRaw?
2022-9-13
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 23:27
Looking forward to see if its good enough to move me away from Adobe.    I assume your using PureRaw?

My three Nikon cameras are mostly used in wildlife photography with very long tele lenses and accordingly have some noise. The D300 more than the more modern D7100 and D7500. I use DxO PureRaw as the first program in the processing chain, because the DeepPrime Denoiser performs the best and gentlest denoising already in RAW. This way, the output DNG is optimally prepared for further processing in ACR, etc. Whether I use the (disengageable) pre-sharpening depends on the individual case.

The denoising – and not necessarily the sharpening – is for me the decisive criterion for DxO DeepPrime. DJI's DNGs, by their very nature, suffer from ugly noise, which is rendered almost harmless right at the beginning of the processing chain with this tool. If DxO then also does a good job of rectification and devignetting with the Mini 3 profile, then there is finally a way out for all the people without the previously alternative-less Adobe image correction.
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 23:27

Hey DAFlys SPLFlyer can answer this better than I can.  I have only had DXO Pure Raw2 for about a month with the sole aim of using it for the Mini 3 Pro but I have tried it out in comparison to what I thought was the ultimate for my Olympus files - the actual Olympus RAW converter OM Workspace and I think in some cases Pure Raw 2 was actually better.

So high hopes really
2022-9-14
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I'm waiting too. Just to see what it's like.
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 9-14 00:22
My three Nikon cameras are mostly used in wildlife photography with very long tele lenses and accordingly have some noise. The D300 more than the more modern D7100 and D7500. I use DxO PureRaw as the first program in the processing chain, because the DeepPrime Denoiser performs the best and gentlest denoising already in RAW. This way, the output DNG is optimally prepared for further processing in ACR, etc. Whether I use the (disengageable) pre-sharpening depends on the individual case.

The denoising – and not necessarily the sharpening – is for me the decisive criterion for DxO DeepPrime. DJI's DNGs, by their very nature, suffer from ugly noise, which is rendered almost harmless right at the beginning of the processing chain with this tool. If DxO then also does a good job of rectification and devignetting with the Mini 3 profile, then there is finally a way out for all the people without the previously alternative-less Adobe image correction.

Do you think its better at removing noise than Topaz or On1.
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 01:32
Hey DAFlys SPLFlyer can answer this better than I can.  I have only had DXO Pure Raw2 for about a month with the sole aim of using it for the Mini 3 Pro but I have tried it out in comparison to what I thought was the ultimate for my Olympus files - the actual Olympus RAW converter OM Workspace and I think in some cases Pure Raw 2 was actually better.

So high hopes really

When the support is added then is sounds like its going to be worth testing.   Hopefully it will clean up the nasty purple chromatic aberration too.
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 03:05
When the support is added then is sounds like its going to be worth testing.   Hopefully it will clean up the nasty purple chromatic aberration too.

Yes they have been testing it for a while so hope you are right!
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 03:29
Yes they have been testing it for a while so hope you are right!

Do you know if there is a public beta for it?
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

MS Posted at 9-14 02:32
I'm waiting too. Just to see what it's like.

Don't know how many times I have clicked on that link to check
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Marie said, so it must be this week

https://feedback.dxo.com/t/support-for-dji-mini-3-pro/27118
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 03:04
Do you think its better at removing noise than Topaz or On1.

Yes, because the denoising already takes place on the RAW and it is saved again as RAW (DNG) afterwards. The further processing in ACR is then already optimized, because the noise can no longer be amplified by the development in ACR. In Topaz, the RAW can also be denoised, but it is 'only' transferred to ACR as a TIFF.

But I don't dare to say which 'denoising' is better, Topaz or DeepPrime. You can't do anything wrong with either algorithm.

2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 03:41
Do you know if there is a public beta for it?

You can download the Pure Raw 2 trial and support should be available as soon as released.
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 03:48
You can download the Pure Raw 2 trial and support should be available as soon as released.

Seems like there is a long string in delays for this -

https://feedback.dxo.com/t/support-for-dji-mini-3-pro/27118
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 9-14 03:46
Yes, because the denoising already takes place on the RAW and it is saved again as RAW (DNG) afterwards. The further processing in ACR is then already optimized, because the noise can no longer be amplified by the development in ACR. In Topaz, the RAW can also be denoised, but it is 'only' transferred to ACR as a TIFF.

But I don't dare to say which 'denoising' is better, Topaz or DeepPrime. You can't do anything wrong with either algorithm.

My Topaz saves as DNG.  

2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

They initially said early September (last week) then delayed to this week. I think they release a bunch of different cameras in their updates so may just be waiting on one that isn't necessarily the Mini 3 Pro but I get the feeling it will be very soon
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 04:03
They initially said early September (last week) then delayed to this week. I think they release a bunch of different cameras in their updates so may just be waiting on one that isn't necessarily the Mini 3 Pro bt I get the feeling it will be very soon

I hope so,   You've got me excited to try it.
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 03:58
My Topaz saves as DNG.  

[view_image]

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware of that because I only ever use Topaz DeNoise as a Photoshop plugin.

But the hope is that DxO will also do good Mini 3 DNG development. Especially when it comes to rectification and devignetting. As an alternative and for the people who do not use ACR!

2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 9-14 04:15
Oh sorry, I wasn't aware of that because I only ever use Topaz DeNoise as a Photoshop plugin.

But the hope is that DxO will also do good Mini 3 DNG development. Especially when it comes to rectification and devignetting. As an alternative and for the people who do not use ACR!

No worries.

Im quite excited to try this when they add support.  How sad does that make me.
2022-9-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ive been checking the site daily too.
Suspect its harder than normal due to the complex lens distortion and large colour shift and bayer artefacts on the 48mp.
Not going to be as simple as most lenses and cameras.
2022-9-14
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The wait is over. Download version 2.2.0.1.
I've just acquired it from the internet ;-) Tested and working.
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

MS Posted at 9-14 10:54
The wait is over. Download version 2.2.0.1.
I've just acquired it from the internet ;-) Tested and working.

What a fantastic wake up surprise!!! Thanks MS  
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

gnirtS Posted at 9-14 10:38
Ive been checking the site daily too.
Suspect its harder than normal due to the complex lens distortion and large colour shift and bayer artefacts on the 48mp.
Not going to be as simple as most lenses and cameras.

Yes I think you are right. I just want to test it now but work beckons
2022-9-14
Use props
MS
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 11:50
What a fantastic wake up surprise!!! Thanks MS

The noise reduction is excellent, leaving details in other areas untouched.
But I'd recommend switching off the sharpening feature, as it's a bit OTT at the start of processing an image, especially, if you're using GigaPixel later on in the process.
2022-9-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 9-14 12:11
The noise reduction is excellent, leaving details in other areas untouched.
But I'd recommend switching off the sharpening feature, as it's a bit OTT at the start of processing an image, especially, if you're using GigaPixel later on in the process.

Thats standard for all of their lens/camera combos though.  It capture sharpens far too much.
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

gnirtS Posted at 9-14 12:19
Thats standard for all of their lens/camera combos though.  It capture sharpens far too much.

Initial tests look very good. A direct comparison between the development in ACR and that in DxO shows that DxO rectifies a bit better and, above all, delivers better colors. In ACR, the green and blue tones in particular bother me because they are usually much too saturated in standard development.

In fact, the sharpness seems a bit exaggerated. Especially with panoramas, however, this may not be a bad thing. I'll try developing a pano series with DxO and importing the DNGs directly into PanoramaStudio. Let's see what the result looks like. Usually the sharpness is lost a bit during stitching, so a little pre-sharpening might not hurt. Otherwise you can always turn off the pre-sharpening in PureRAW...
2022-9-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Havent tried it yet - does it help with the complex distortion or the huge colour shift artefacts on 48mp?

Never really had an issue with colour as first thing i do with all new cameras is create a correct DNG profile using a colour checker card.
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

First crack at a comparison. This is 300% so way up there. Pure Raw2 definitely fixes vignetting etc and smacks noise majorly. The sharpened version looks too much but as SPFlyer says could helpful in the case of panorama stitches. My favourite is Pure Raw 2 with no sharpening based on lack of noise and amounts of details. Though I have to say you can still see the guide cables on the cellphone tower in the Adobe version but at the expense of the noise. I'm sure if you denoised that the cable would go, which is my next experiment...  Definitely looking like I can ditch Adobe and go with DXO PURE RAW 2,  SNS-HDR, Affinity an good old Topaz Denoise/Sharpen/Gigapixel
full.jpg
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

..now comparing the straight DXO Pure Raw 2 (Sharpening Off) with the two step process of Adobe Camera Raw and Topaz Denoise...

As predicted denoising loses the wires but Topaz also can suck colour out of images a little bit and has left a halo on the edges. So this is enough to use DXO Pure Raw 2 as my software to get a useable/editable image out of the Mini 2 Pro...
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bussty Posted at 9-13 19:56
Cheers DJI Stephen will be good to have some other RAW converters able to develop Mini 3 pro DNG's correctly.

Cheers

Hi there Bussty. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems its been released 2.2.0.1 and the website now lists Mini 3 Pro support.
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 22:39
Seems its been released 2.2.0.1 and the website now lists Mini 3 Pro support.

Certainly has and looking good
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 9-14 22:47
Certainly has and looking good

Downloading now....

Are you Mac or Windows?
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

"Do not sharpen" does not mean "without any sharpening" in PureRaw! Even without a check mark in the DxO dialog, sharpening is applied during development – but much more gently than with a check mark.

The top 100% crop shows the central area of a shot after import into ACR, but without any further processing. The second image shows the same crop from DxO (without extra sharpening!). To avoid distortions when merging the two crops in PS, the DxO image was converted to TIFF before import into PS (i.e. no automatic ACR!).

It is clear that the DxO image looks considerably better than the one developed in ACR. I think the basic sharpening that was done also provides good conditions for gentle further processing.

2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 23:04
Downloading now....

Are you Mac or Windows?

Windows 11 for me!  Good luck!
2022-9-15
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 9-14 23:15
"Do not sharpen" does not mean "without any sharpening" in PureRaw! Even without a check mark in the DxO dialog, sharpening is applied during development – but much more gently than with a check mark.

The top 100% crop shows the central area of a shot after import into ACR, but without any further processing. The second image shows the same crop from DxO (without extra sharpening!). To avoid distortions when merging the two crops in PS, the DxO image was converted to TIFF before import into PS (i.e. no automatic ACR!).

Hello Bernd

That is quite the difference, a very good subject to test detail.

Can I ask how you are converting the DXO DNG to TIFF?  I'm having an interesting issue.

When I compare and examine images I use ACDsee Photo Studio (I'm not a lightroom user just can't wrap the brain around edits that are stored as a bunch of commands) when I look at say a converted Adobe Camera RAW TIFF and a DXO Pure Raw 2 DNG they look the same in terms of tone and colour (well pretty close). As soon as I try to convert my DXO DNG into a tiff using ACDsee or Affinity or even stitch in PTGUI the software is applying another level of adjustments (usually lightening).

Have you struck this? Is there some setting I'm missing in DXO?

I really want to be able to convert my DNG so it looks just like it looks in ACDsee in a Tiff file.

Many thanks

Bussty
2022-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules