PHASING AUDIO WHEN HEADPHONE MONITORING
2016 6 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SiAddictive
New
Flight distance : 463 ft
United Kingdom

I have just bought and recieved my DJI mic.  My background is in sound so I believe I know what I am doing.  However, I am experiencing a weird issue when monitoring the receiver with headphones.  

Basically I am hearing a kind of phasing sound from the output yet when listening back to the recording everything sounds fine.  The same thing happens when I monitor from my camera's headphone whilst outputing from the DJI mic transmitter yet again on playback from the camera the audio sounds fine.

My gut feel is that this has something to do with the milliseconds of latency of the DJI mic recorders.  Has anyone else experienced this or has any productive suggestions?
I have tried all the stereo/mono combinations, different headphones and tried using both mics independantly i.e. one turned of completely, with the same issue.  I want to keep the unit but not sure I can cope with not being able to accurately hear the signal at the time of capture.

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I can't find any reference to this issue.

2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_dYoQkWj1smnL
New

Canada

I'm also having this problem... Have tried endless combos. Its worse when in closer proximity to the receiver.
2022-9-15
Use props
SiAddictive
New
Flight distance : 463 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_dYoQkWj1smnL Posted at 9-15 12:41
I'm also having this problem... Have tried endless combos. Its worse when in closer proximity to the receiver.

On further testing I have determined it isn't a major issue as it's the latency (the delay between 'real life sound in real time' and hearing what it is recording from the headphone which is a few milliseconds.  So this really only occurs if you monitor yourself whilst recording with headphones which are not totally isolated.  For everything else you might headphone monitor from any usual distance you'll only hear the clear sound of what is being recorded without it sounding 'phased'.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We may need to coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-19
Use props
EshaSheikh
New

Pakistan

Headphone

I faced the same issue while connecting my headset to my PC. I tried many time to fix it but I couldn't. After trying multiple time I bought a new headphone from the best devices and accessories. It's been an year now and my headset is working properly.
2022-11-18
Use props
StephenM
New

United Arab Emirates

ok so I was getting an echo when monitoring while testing the unit - was driving me nuts - sounded totally rubbish and wanted to take them back and get refund - then found this forum and read that it was only monitoring urself and moved the TX away and it sounds fine - and also recorded and listened to the record and its super clean on both internal mic and lapel mic - just have to not get too close to the transmitter or you will hear an echo
2023-4-25
Use props
emmarosie
New

Pakistan

If you're experiencing a phasing sound while monitoring the DJI mic's receiver with headphones, it could be related to latency. Ensure that both the transmitter and receiver have the latest firmware installed. Experiment with different monitoring settings and contact DJI support for further assistance in resolving the issue and optimizing headphone monitoring performance.
source: https://headphonetic.com/
2023-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules