No Map on RC When in Remote Locations (Mini 3 Pro)
3352 2 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse34b3590
lvl.1

United States

I use my DJI Mini 3 Pro for on motorcycle trips. I'm often in remote locations with zero cell service. I'd tested the drone at home and all seemed fine.

Then I got to that first remote location. I launched the drone. No map. Well, there was a map but it showed nothing other than the blue triangle of the drone. As I flew, it didn't create the usual blue line, and worse, it didn't show where I was with the remote like it usually does. Since I ride while I'm flying, this freaked me out. Because I couldn't point the drone toward me and fly it to me using the map.

I realize now I could have used the little Radar (?) feature - but I didn't see that at the time.

Does anyone know what's going on here? There's no way you have to have a cell connection in order to use this remote, right?! I don't really care about the map, I only care about knowing where the drone is and where I am in relation to it so I can fly it back.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated...
2022-9-13
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI RC needs to be connected to WiFi OR tethered to a cellular device for the maps to be loaded. Other than the remote will perform normally.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You can only use the built-in map on the DJI Fly app when flying in a location wherein there is no internet connection. However, you may try the following steps to see if this works.

1. ensure there is a network available for the DJI fly app. (if it is an RC Pro, connect it to a Wifi network);

2. open the DJI Fly app, there is a map on the bottom left corner of the camera view;

3. click that map and you will enter the map;

4. wait for the map loading, or drag the map to the aim location and zoom it to load the map details;

5. the map will be loaded in a few seconds;

6. then you may now disconnect the Wifi or network to view the map and fly the drone without an internet connection.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules