1006 23 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I first want to apologize for the quality of the image you will see as it was taken at 4k zoomed in past 7times and then cropped to a 4/3 image size but I still thought that you guys would like to see this shot of this impressive lightning-bolt from the resent thunder storms we’ve been having.

Thank you for stopping by!
5C9EA82D-AE24-4C4D-9023-FF53A2CC5C04.jpeg
2022-9-13
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice capture !
2022-9-13
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Much appreciated.
2022-9-13
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Very interesting Fred. From video or stills? If stills how did you manage to time it??? Nice

P.S. Is that your CAT or are you a cat that can fly drones AND make entries on a forum
2022-9-13
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes the shot makes the strong zooming worth it - nice.
2022-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great capture,  I cleaned it up a bit for you.

2022-9-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good capture.  It needs a bit of luck to capture something so fast
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that looks impressive!
2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive capture Fred.    Always amazes me at how powerful storms can be.  Great timing on catching that thunderbolt.  
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 9-13 20:13
Very interesting Fred. From video or stills? If stills how did you manage to time it??? Nice

P.S. Is that your CAT or are you a cat that can fly drones AND make entries on a forum

With the first question, I managed to capture this my video as I tried to capture it by stills but I was not fast enough so I just cheated and took a video and then just took a screen shot at this moment. Now with the second question no I’m not a cat that knows how to pilot drones and post pictures I just really like cats (my family has three and one’s pregnant expecting any moment now) and so my profile picture is of a cat but this cat is actually not mine but of this Instagram famous cat called Bobbie. #Bobbiethecat
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 9-13 21:57
Yes the shot makes the strong zooming worth it - nice.

Thanks Depp.
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 23:21
Great capture,  I cleaned it up a bit for you.

[view_image]

Thanks twice DA.
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-13 23:23
Good capture.  It needs a bit of luck to capture something so fast

Well I tried to take a picture but I’m just to slow so I took the cheaters route and just videoed it but thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-13 23:50
Wow, that looks impressive!

Much appreciated Monty.
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 02:08
Very impressive capture Fred.    Always amazes me at how powerful storms can be.  Great timing on catching that thunderbolt.

Yes me too, lightning is one of my favorite things to watch with my mom.
2022-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 07:26
Much appreciated Monty.

You're welcome
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 07:24
With the first question, I managed to capture this my video as I tried to capture it by stills but I was not fast enough so I just cheated and took a video and then just took a screen shot at this moment. Now with the second question no I’m not a cat that knows how to pilot drones and post pictures I just really like cats (my family has three and one’s pregnant expecting any moment now) and so my profile picture is of a cat but this cat is actually not mine but of this Instagram famous cat called Bobbie. #Bobbiethecat

Thank you Fred I must start using this video capture technique for these types of events the resolution is getting so high now they do produce good screen grabs.

I do like hearing the stories of peoples avatars there are some really interesting backgrounds. Mine is of the mountains I live under.

Our cat died recently and after some time we managed to pluck up the courage to get another. We chose one from a Cat Foster home with about 30 cats there. Alvin (really suits him) was really skittery and hung back when we met him and would not go outside. We thought he would be destined to be an inside cat. But once he did settle he was so affectionate. But we persevered and now he is a changed cat, lord of the house and a very efficient cat door user though the first few times we never thought we would see him again!  While it was hard losing our cat and we thought we could never get another having Alvin around has been fantastic... a house just needs a cat
2022-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 07:28
Yes me too, lightning is one of my favorite things to watch with my mom.

It is quite amazing to watch but only from a distance.  About 10 years back we had a bad storm on a Navy base and lightning struck two sailors running from their building to their car.  Both survived but had major nerve damage and a few other physical ailments.  
2022-9-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 07:26
Well I tried to take a picture but I’m just to slow so I took the cheaters route and just videoed it but thank you.

Whatever works
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 13:08
It is quite amazing to watch but only from a distance.  About 10 years back we had a bad storm on a Navy base and lightning struck two sailors running from their building to their car.  Both survived but had major nerve damage and a few other physical ailments.

Omg, yes definitely from a distance for sure!
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 9-14 11:49
Thank you Fred I must start using this video capture technique for these types of events the resolution is getting so high now they do produce good screen grabs.

I do like hearing the stories of peoples avatars there are some really interesting backgrounds. Mine is of the mountains I live under.
I’m sorry about what happened to your cat, we’ve had our fair share of cats that have either passed away or still haven’t come home from going out side but I am glad to hear that you have a new furry friend to rule over your house, they truly are—regardless of there attitude and bites—the best pet and friends anyone can have!
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 17:55
I’m sorry about what happened to your cat, we’ve had our fair share of cats that have either died or still haven’t come home from going out side but I am glad to hear that you have a new furry friend to rule over your house, they truly are—regardless of there attitude and bites—the best pet and friends anyone can have!

Thanks Fred and agreed
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2022-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-14 17:50
Omg, yes definitely from a distance for sure!

Thunderstorms have beauty to them but also there is the "dark side" (the devastation they can cause).  Anyway, I now have a healthy respect for lightning.  
2022-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules