Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to link goggles 2 with avata
8241 26 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david910
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565223 ft
United States

I'm unable to pair the avata with goggles 2. The iphone is connected via the standard usb-c - lightning cable. The avata battery just flashes red, green, blue. It won't pair via the iphone or pressing the pair inside the goggles. I'm unable to update firmware if the avata doesn't pair with the goggles, right? I did update the motion controller to the latest firmware via the dji assistant 2 app. What am I missing?
2022-9-13
Use props
MANNU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3832 ft
Canada

Having same issues...came across your post after searching for a few days for an answer... thought I was messing up
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there david910. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
Flyingbobo
lvl.1

United States

Same issues.  The updates threw some errors but seem to have worked.  Goggles v2 don’t want to link with the new avata.  Goggles keep on beeping.  Goggles are version 1.0.3
2022-9-15
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 20:52
Hello there david910. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.

The only message is "unable to connect to aircraft" while attempting to pair the avata to the googles. I've read it may be a firmware issue, but how do I upgrade the goggles or avata firmware without being to connect via the DJI fly app? I was able to update the motion controller firmware via the dji assistant 2 via PC (but not the avata or goggles)

"
2022-9-15
Use props
Flyingbobo
lvl.1

United States

A little more detail

Fpv 1.0.3
Rc 2.00.02
Goggles v2 1.0.3

New avata unable to link.  Goggles keep beeping (after you put them in link mode).  Avata front light goes blinking blue red green.  Unable to upgrade the avata since it requires linking.  Any suggestions?
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_whFfxqtDNOPS
New
Flight distance : 525784 ft
United States

If you are using the dji fpv v2 goggles make sure that your goggles are set up for the Avata and not another system.  First go to the settings screen, then the "ABOUT" tab and then the very last option is "SWITCH AIRCRAFT MODEL" and make sure "DJI Avata" is selected.  
2022-9-15
Use props
Flyingbobo
lvl.1

United States

That was it.  Thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

I'm using the new DJI Goggles 2 (firmware 00.06.19.04) and still unable to pair DJI Goggles 2 to the avata. Thoughts on why? Can I update the DJI Goggles 2 firmware and avata firmware via DJI assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series)?
2022-9-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

david910 Posted at 9-16 06:53
I'm using the new DJI Goggles 2 (firmware 00.06.19.04) and still unable to pair DJI Goggles 2 to the avata. Thoughts on why? Can I update the DJI Goggles 2 firmware and avata firmware via DJI assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series)?

Of course, use the DJI Assitant 2 (consumer drones)...
2022-9-16
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-16 07:20
Of course, use the DJI Assitant 2 (consumer drones)...

I updated the avata to the latest firmware, but still will not pair with dji googles 2. I'm unable to view the google via the DJI assistant 2 (dji fpv series). Is this the right assistant? I've downloaded the firmware on my iphone, but until the goggles and avata pair, it won't let me install the goggles firmware. What am I doing wrong?
2022-9-16
Use props
Majestic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541831 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem. Brand new Avata. Goggles are found but fly doesn’t see my aircraft.
2022-9-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

david910 Posted at 9-16 07:50
I updated the avata to the latest firmware, but still will not pair with dji googles 2. I'm unable to view the google via the DJI assistant 2 (dji fpv series). Is this the right assistant? I've downloaded the firmware on my iphone, but until the goggles and avata pair, it won't let me install the goggles firmware. What am I doing wrong?

... as I said above:

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)

not that for FPV !!!
2022-9-16
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-16 23:51
... as I said above:

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)

Got it. So how do i update firmware for dji goggles 2 (if the fly app won't detect the avata) which I assume is due to the firmware?
2022-9-17
Use props
FPVSmitty
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware in the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer) app. Open app, connect goggles to computer, download the update. It stalls on the "Transmission" part of the installation; restarted the process and it completed the update.

However, I still have the same problem, the drone won't pair with the goggles as Majestic described above. This is getting frustrating.
2022-9-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

david910 Posted at 9-17 05:24
Got it. So how do i update firmware for dji goggles 2 (if the fly app won't detect the avata) which I assume is due to the firmware?

... witch version of the fly app...?

I didn't have any problem...
2022-9-17
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-17 12:07
... witch version of the fly app...?

I didn't have any problem...

DJI Fly v1.7.4 (673). Is there a more recent version? I even deleted and re-installed it twice.
2022-9-17
Use props
fans3a0e8f88
New

United States

Same problem.  Can connect new goggles 2 with DJI Fly iphone app but it cannot find Avata.  Strangely the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Version) on my PC and connected through a USB cord does not detect the goggles at all.  Checked that power is on to the drone? - YES!  Check that the goggles are setup for Avata? - YES!  What next?
2022-9-28
Use props
david910
lvl.1
United States

So, still unable to pair. Going to have to return this avata unit. It shouldn't be this hard. Everything is now updated to the latest firmware, but it just won't pair. No matter how many times i re-seat and reboot the avata to pairing mode. It flashes yellow to show it's in pairing mode.
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_3r021TkbBFXX
New
Flight distance : 23100 ft
United States

Same problem here. I updated the firmware on my Avata using "dji Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)", followed the same process of switching on Avata, Goggles 2 (already connect to iPhone with DJI Fly App), still Goggles 2 wont connect to Avata. Keeps giving the same error "Unable to connect to AirCraft".
Do you think there is a solution, or I should return this?
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_fQawyVnSvxD4
lvl.1
France

Don't forget to do a long press on the Avata battery (when there is the yellow light blinking fast) and press the sync button to pair both (as explained in DJI Avata support -  linking video), after pairing goggles with I Fly app. Same for the motion controller. That worked for me.
2022-10-20
Use props
DDMS-Graphics
New
Flight distance : 227677 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Everything works fine you need to be a little patient... and follow the steps as in the instructuon.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_ZumnXW3TFJL9
New

Australia

fans3a0e8f88 Posted at 9-28 14:14
Same problem.  Can connect new goggles 2 with DJI Fly iphone app but it cannot find Avata.  Strangely the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Version) on my PC and connected through a USB cord does not detect the goggles at all.  Checked that power is on to the drone? - YES!  Check that the goggles are setup for Avata? - YES!  What next?

Hi. I have same problem. Did you solve it?.
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_g0ZO9bvv0xqS
lvl.1

Venezuela

Dis you solve jt? How? I just bought the Avata and J am having the same issue.

00A194F4-BEBB-40CC-9C4E-FAB6C4023574.png
2023-2-1
Use props
AlexandreMuniz
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi. I have same problem. Did you solve it?.
2023-4-1
Use props
Paul Cotofana
lvl.1

United States

Had the same issue.  Solved by 1st powering off and unplugging everything.  Put a freshly charged battery in the Avata & put it in bind mode.  Powered motion controller 2 on & put in bind mode.  They linked.  Then did same for goggles.  Plugged phone into DJI app.  Activated then updated firmware.
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_DcUISrlHk5GS
New
Flight distance : 19744 ft
United Kingdom

I sent my Avatar off for a repair recently & upon receiving it back also had this issue. But it can be easily fixed, after you turn everything on & connect your phone via the cable and all the lights are flashing, press & HOLD the power button on the Avatar for 4 seconds then it should pair automatically. It worked for me anyway, let me know how you got on.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules