3304 9 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyHendrikus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676798 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

A "cinewhoop" that lacks one vital function for cinema, 24/25/30fps!

Will it be possible to include these frame rates in 4K?
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnnyHendrikus. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure why you would want this, as a slower framerate increases the chance of stuttering / flickering.
2022-9-14
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes please add
2022-9-15
Use props
JohnnyHendrikus
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 9-14 00:06
Not sure why you would want this, as a slower framerate increases the chance of stuttering / flickering.

24/25/30 frames is the native frame rate for cinematography. Using an ND filter, and setting your shutter speed manually (which is already a function on the Avata), means you can avoid the flicker / jitter, and capture stunning, real time footage with natural motion blur. at the moment the 50/60 frames limits us to footage with no motion blur, so can look a little un natural,

or interpreted down to a 24/25/30FPS timeline, makes it half speed.  
2022-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnnyHendrikus Posted at 9-18 00:57
24/25/30 frames is the native frame rate for cinematography. Using an ND filter, and setting your shutter speed manually (which is already a function on the Avata), means you can avoid the flicker / jitter, and capture stunning, real time footage with natural motion blur. at the moment the 50/60 frames limits us to footage with no motion blur, so can look a little un natural,

or interpreted down to a 24/25/30FPS timeline, makes it half speed.

With fast motion (as FPV's usually produce) shutterspeeds can only help a little to prevent judder.
There is quite a big gap between the seven second rule (that you need to use to pan between left and right in a frame) and the speed an FPV produces, so I would always use the higher framerate + slower shutterspeed, which will give half the risk of judder
But that is just me of course
Usually with slow shutterspeeds, the motion is also very slow. (some refer to this as cinematic)
2022-9-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Don't implement slower shutter speeds!

You can achieve these ones in post production easily...

The latency would be increased by that!!!
2022-9-18
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

They might enable 25/30fps recording, but you'll not get slower shutter speeds because the same camera needs to send your FPV video too.
2022-9-18
Use props
JohnnyHendrikus
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 9-18 03:50
With fast motion (as FPV's usually produce) shutterspeeds can only help a little to prevent judder.
There is quite a big gap between the seven second rule (that you need to use to pan between left and right in a frame) and the speed an FPV produces, so I would always use the higher framerate + slower shutterspeed, which will give half the risk of judder  
But that is just me of course

"Jutter" is caused by not having your frame rate, and your shutter speed set correctly to the 180 degree shutter rule.
if its 25, you shoot at 50, if you're shooting 50fps, you set it to 100fps. If you do this, you'll 100% avoid "jutter".

There's a great article written by polarpro explaining what the 180 degree shutter is to better understand it
https://www.polarprofilters.com/blogs/polarpro/how-shutter-speed-affects-video
2022-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnnyHendrikus Posted at 9-18 12:52
"Jutter" is caused by not having your frame rate, and your shutter speed set correctly to the 180 degree shutter rule.
if its 25, you shoot at 50, if you're shooting 50fps, you set it to 100fps. If you do this, you'll 100% avoid "jutter".

Yeah, I know.
I have been shooting video for 25 years now

This one is a bit mathematical and boring to watch, but this is a good resource if you are into 'judder free' video. He explains in great detail what paramters you have. (shutterspeed is just one of the parameters you have that involve the risk of judder)
(you can watch it, just click on the link, apparently the owner has set it to 'watch on youtube only' )

The main thing I learned is to use the 'higher' framerate (for me 50fps in PAL area) and use slower movement. Especially with drones / gimbals that have steady movement, which increases the risk of judder (every frame is the same 'difference')
So unless I have to use other footage in the same edit that is shot at 24, I choose 50fps.

2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules