I have P mode / not N mode
1386 14 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SamAdie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472854 ft
United States

I purchased my Mavic 3 about 10 days ago and have 3 concerns about this drone vs. that of my reliable Mavic 2 Pro.
- 1) I have never seen the N in the upper left hand side of my phone when flying in normal mode. Mine only says "P". Any thoughts on that? Not sure it matters but some vids say it should be "N" and if not I shouldn't fly
- 2) Battery when in the drone takes about 15-18 hours to charge fully. Really... this long? Both my batteries show the same results and are bran new.
- 3) Like many others, mine won't fly forward. It just breaks again and again... useless. I have to fly backward or sideways to get to my spot to shoot photos. Video is impossible.

I need corrections on this or will have to return it before my window closes. Seems like it could be a great drone but not ready yet for production.

Any thoughts are greatly appriciated...
2022-9-13
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have to use the USB-C charger included with the Mavic 3 to charge the batteries, which should take a little over an hour each. Chargers come in all varieties of wattages and the included one is one of the most powerful. I wouldn't suggest using a 3rd party charger anyway.

N and P modes are the same as far as I know. Previously P-GPS and now just called "Normal" mode.

Your obstacle avoidance sensors may be blocked. Personally I would fly with them all turned off to reduce false positives when flying, as this can ruin some shots. If the issue persists then it may be a fault with the drone, but unlikely.
2022-9-14
Use props
SamAdie
lvl.1
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 9-14 01:05
You have to use the USB-C charger included with the Mavic 3 to charge the batteries, which should take a little over an hour each. Chargers come in all varieties of wattages and the included one is one of the most powerful. I wouldn't suggest using a 3rd party charger anyway.

N and P modes are the same as far as I know. Previously P-GPS and now just called "Normal" mode.

Thank you for responding. Yes, I am using the supplied USB-C charger that plugs into the drone. That is my concern with the time it takes to charge. I thought an hour or so would be good for the battery performance you get but not well over 15 hours and into 18 hours. Really want to keep this thing but looks like I'll be sending it back if mine isn't acting normal to most others out there.
2022-9-14
Use props
SamAdie
lvl.1
United States

You have to use the USB-C charger included with the Mavic 3 to charge the batteries, which should take a little over an hour each. Chargers come in all varieties of wattages and the included one is one of the most powerful. I wouldn't suggest using a 3rd party charger anyway.

Also, thanks for the comment on the N and P issue. I was thinking the same thing as you stated. Just didn't really know if that was contributing to my issue of flying straight forward and having all the start and stop issues. This seems to be a much bigger and well documented concern many others are having as well with the obstacle avoidance system.
2022-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

1 - Obstacle Avoidance sounds like it is set to "brake" Set it to "off"
2 - P and N are the same thing.
3 - Don't charge the battery in the drone, use the charging block.
2022-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Something wrong with your charger, you can easily check this using another with similar output 65w.

Something askew with your obstacle avoidence .
2022-9-14
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

You are likely using the wrong cord from the charger. You are using the one that plugs into the remote controller, and it is a slower power delivery. You need to use the cord from the charger that is hard wired. Its also preferable to use the actual battery charging dock for charging.

Regarding the braking - this is either you are flying in the late evening, and the Obstacle avoidance system is struggling with low light, or you are flying over water or something else that is tricking the obstacle avoidance sensors. In these environments turn the obstacle avoidance off. It sounds like you have not read the user manual at all - all of these issues are covered in the user manual. It would be worth it to take a few minutes and read it.
2022-9-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tornado12 Posted at 9-14 04:37
You are likely using the wrong cord from the charger. You are using the one that plugs into the remote controller, and it is a slower power delivery. You need to use the cord from the charger that is hard wired. Its also preferable to use the actual battery charging dock for charging.

Regarding the braking - this is either you are flying in the late evening, and the Obstacle avoidance system is struggling with low light, or you are flying over water or something else that is tricking the obstacle avoidance sensors. In these environments turn the obstacle avoidance off. It sounds like you have not read the user manual at all - all of these issues are covered in the user manual. It would be worth it to take a few minutes and read it.

Wrong cord...!   
2022-9-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SamAdie Posted at 9-14 02:20
Thank you for responding. Yes, I am using the supplied USB-C charger that plugs into the drone. That is my concern with the time it takes to charge. I thought an hour or so would be good for the battery performance you get but not well over 15 hours and into 18 hours. Really want to keep this thing but looks like I'll be sending it back if mine isn't acting normal to most others out there.

"Yes, I am using the supplied USB-C charger that plugs into the drone"

There's your issue. Don't charge the battery in the drone, that's what the multi battery holder brick is for. You can charge it in the drone, but you won't get the full speed.
2022-9-14
Use props
SamAdie
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the input. I'll be checking which cord I used and make sure it's the correct one. The only thing I don't like is having to turn the avoidance system off to fly forward. I like to have that on as it is a primary reason for buying such an expensive drone. I am not sure why some flyers have issues as I do and some do not. I'll have to decide on returning by next week and maybe reordering.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Please note that the P (Position) and N (Normal) modes are the same. Also, kindly please make sure that you are using the correct USB-C charger and check if the charging issue still persists. If you want to process a ticket for a replacement, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Again, we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-16
Use props
SamAdie
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-16 21:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Please note that the P (Position) and N (Normal) modes are the same. Also, kindly please make sure that you are using the correct USB-C charger and check if the charging issue still persists. If you want to process a ticket for a replacement, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Again, we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your comments. I have checked the use of my cable and happy to realize that I was using the wrong one for the initial charge. The P and N concern is no longer an issue as well. The avoidance concern is still valid however. I have sent DJI 2 emails on this and have not gotten a response. Turning off the avoidance system seems to be a poor workaround on drone such as this when I like to have this on all the time. Any assistance would be appreciated.
2022-9-17
Use props
SamAdie
lvl.1
United States

You were correct. This is no longer an issue. Thanks!
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SamAdie Posted at 9-17 04:44
Thank you for your comments. I have checked the use of my cable and happy to realize that I was using the wrong one for the initial charge. The P and N concern is no longer an issue as well. The avoidance concern is still valid however. I have sent DJI 2 emails on this and have not gotten a response. Turning off the avoidance system seems to be a poor workaround on drone such as this when I like to have this on all the time. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you for your response. Kindly please wait for their response. They will get back to you in approximately 24-48 hours with regard to this. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-9-19
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always fly with obstacle avoidance ON since I've owned the M3.  I've NEVER had an issue ever with it.  Of, course, I'm always flying above tree line.  
2022-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules