DJI Go SUCKS! ipad air 2 reboots mid flight??!?!!!??
3760 53 2015-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Let me ask this... If you had a reboot is your ipad a cellular model or not?
2015-8-10
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Nope,  I have 3 iPad Air 2's wifi only. And they work great, although I do get overheating, but it never reboots.
2015-8-10
Use props
garywin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686834 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have iPad Air 2 - wifi only. I had a reboot of the iPad during flight with the old DJI Pilot App
2015-8-11
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

OK I turned off the hardware encoding and had no issues with the 2 flights I just did... So this seems to be the answer. But I didn't take the P3 out that far today... I'll have to try that another day. There a small forest fire near by and I don't want to be in the air...even though there is nothing in the notams...
2015-8-11
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Yes there is a Way to Restore your DJI Piot App.

I´m shure you have made a Backup using iFunBox.

So you can restore it without any Problem using again IFunBox

Mike
2015-8-11
Use props
sergio
New

South Africa

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with my Ipad Air 2 running Dji Go App after about 2-4 Min of flight the Ipad rebooted, fortunately the phantom 3 was only about 400m away I kept it in a steady hover reduced altitude and brought it to a safer more comfortable distance. This is the 1st time I'm using the Ipad Air 2(brand new with the latest updates and software) as I only got my Phantom 3 Adv last week. This is really concerning as we have spent a lot of money on a good product and also bought the accessories to match the product but we having issues very worried .
One thing I did notice is that when starting the Dji Go App the Ipad requested to have the Location Services  activated and be calibrated, what I also noticed is that under the Location Services tab on the Ipad there are  bunch of services running in the back round such as Wirelss settings, cellular settings and a whole bunch more I wonder if these settings being activated could cause problems with the Dji Go App and cause the Ipad Air 2 to crash ? I'm also a little confused do we Enable or Disable Hardware Coding on the Ipad Air 2 seems like there are mixed answers around this question ?
Your guys thoughts would greatly be appreciated on my comments and findings ?
2015-8-16
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-9 01:30
Did you have hardware decoding ON or OFF and the Air 2 in the DJI App?

Also, do you have superman e ...

This.  

Did you have it on or off.

If on trrn it off
2015-8-16
Use props
sergio
New

South Africa

@ Hundleton1 I had hardware decoding on I'm going to give it a try with hardware decoding off.

Thanks for the advise
2015-8-18
Use props
aerdt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Put you device in airplane mode and don't run 1000 apps in the background and you'll be fine.

Most reason for the disconnects are backgrounds tasks running, like Facebook, WhatsApp updates which drain the device of its resources.
2015-8-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Just so you know... I only have 3 apps on my ipad... DJI, Nikon manual viewer and netfliks... and i haven't used netfliks with the ipad yet...
2015-8-18
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-8-19 02:33
Just so you know... I only have 3 apps on my ipad... DJI, Nikon manual viewer and netfliks... and i  ...

I experience the same problems. I've updated all of the firmware and the IOS but randomly the screen goes black and eventually the Apple logo appears which indicates it is rebooting. Definitely a bug in the app.I have Apple Air 2 with a lot of GB free space. I have tried with on hardware decoding anf off with no results.
2015-8-24
Use props
AirWizard
lvl.2

United States

I have am IPad Air 2 and haven't had any problems with reboot and hardware decode has been on. I've logged about 20 flights since DJI-Go install. I am using OEM cable. I do fly in airplane mode.
2015-8-24
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

So, just for the record, and god forbid, future reference... I assume that if you lose contact with the app due to reboot. If you let go of the sticks, does the P3 stop and hover, or does it automatically RTH due to loss of connection?

Thanks,
Brad
2015-8-24
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

You can still fly the P3 without a tablet just like normal. You just don't get the neat stuff.
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules