DJI Osmo Action 3 Release Notes (9/14/2022)
12Next >
4773 44 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2022.09.14
  • Firmware Version: v01.01.04.40
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.0
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.0

What's New
  • Added volume control function. High, medium, low, and mute are now available.
  • Speeded up the boot time of the camera.
  • Optimized detection algorithms of the touchscreens to reduce false touches when going in and out of water.
  • Optimized automatic exposure to improve image quality and enhance color performance when used in scenes with low light.
  • Added automatic screen orientation when playing back footage.
  • Optimized the edge distortion of footage when Standard (Dewarp) is selected.
  • Improved the compatibility with Android 13.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • Restart Osmo Action 3 and DJI Mimo.
  • Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • Connect Osmo Action 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

2022-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2022-9-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the information.
2022-9-14
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

Thank you for the update...
2022-9-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nice, back to the old design...

but still no remote control !!   needed for motorcycles, bikes etc

cheers
JJB
2022-9-14
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for he info.  When is 10bit coming to Osmo 3?
2022-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the information.  Hopefully, 10 bit will be coming soon.
2022-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 9-14 23:26
nice, back to the old design...

but still no remote control !!   needed om motorcycles, bikes etc

Would be great to have remote control for sure.  
2022-9-15
Use props
Nick87
lvl.2
Russia

I really hope for hdr mode recording in 10 bit (not for professionals  "post-processing") it will be the best action camera ever for traveling!
2022-9-16
Use props
fans621f3071
lvl.1

Germany

Not able to update my new action 3. Not with the iPhone, nor with the iPad.
And there's no file on the DJI Server to download and put it on the SD Card
2022-9-20
Use props
VitaminJ
lvl.1
Australia

fans621f3071 Posted at 9-20 08:18
Not able to update my new action 3. Not with the iPhone, nor with the iPad.
And there's no file on the DJI Server to download and put it on the SD Card

I am also having the same issue. Have reset the camera, cleared the cache in DJI Mimo and even uninstalled/reinstalled the app. App fails the upgrade after 30 seconds, camera takes another few minutes before reporting that the upgrade failed and to restart the camera.
2022-9-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-15 02:58
Would be great to have remote control for sure.

You can use the remote control for Action 2 I heard
2022-9-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-22 00:44
You can use the remote control for Action 2 I heard

I wasn't aware of that.  Many thanks.  
2022-9-22
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-22 03:55
I wasn't aware of that.  Many thanks.

A guy posted about it a few days ago here on this forum that he tested it out.
2022-9-22
Use props
worthy.RS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5052 ft
Australia

thanks for the update
2022-9-22
Use props
Kruisr
lvl.2

Croatia

Added volume control function. High, medium, low, and mute are now available.
Does this mean that external microphones can be regulated in their input volume? This would then also avoid the error that occurred with the Osmo Action 1 that speech from an external microphone was distorted.

Can anyone verify this? For me as a motorcyclist, this is an important purchase criterion.
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_nnF4XOKspLah
New
United Kingdom

I'd really like to get the latest firmware but my new Action, although activated and connected, won't update. I get no message indicating there is any update available, after an hour of trying.

I've reinstalled the app, and no matter what else I try there is NO latest firmware being offered. Very frustrating! Now I have to try to find out where on earth DJI support is...
2022-9-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-22 04:29
A guy posted about it a few days ago here on this forum that he tested it out.

Could be I missed that posting.  
2022-9-23
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kruisr Posted at 9-23 04:15
Added volume control function. High, medium, low, and mute are now available.
Does this mean that external microphones can be regulated in their input volume? This would then also avoid the error that occurred with the Osmo Action 1 that speech from an external microphone was distorted.

There is no place to adjust volume of mic that I have seen, but I will check when I get my mic-setup this week.
The settings mentioned is for sound when operating the camera (menu sound).
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_K0jsPChoKOT0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62654 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Timelapse only records video. Although I choose video+raw. Would love to get those still shots too. Would be handy when shooting night skies.
2022-10-2
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-2
Use props
Parallel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62654 ft
  • >>>
Finland

osmonauta Posted at 10-2 10:29
It does shoot RAW or JPEGs. There's a separate folder (with the same name as the movie file) on your SD card called "TIMELAPSE". That's where the photos are.

Thanks for the tip! There they were! Just couldn't access them via app.
2022-10-3
Use props
DiS
New
United States

Can't create a new topic, and maybe here is not the best place to ask, nevertheless, I just bought Action 3 as replacement for my GoPro 10 and 11, and I noticed, that beep sounds are too subtle, when wearing camera on top of my motorcycle helmet. I've adjusted the volume to highest setting, still too muffled if I'm moving even 10-20 miles per hour.

So I kindly ask to make beeping more audible. GoPro's ugly beeps are not pleasing to ears, but at least I can hear them, more or less. Action's buttons are not very clicky, so without beeps I can't even understand, if it's recording or not.
2022-10-11
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DiS Posted at 10-11 19:30
Can't create a new topic, and maybe here is not the best place to ask, nevertheless, I just bought Action 3 as replacement for my GoPro 10 and 11, and I noticed, that beep sounds are too subtle, when wearing camera on top of my motorcycle helmet. I've adjusted the volume to highest setting, still too muffled if I'm moving even 10-20 miles per hour.

So I kindly ask to make beeping more audible. GoPro's ugly beeps are not pleasing to ears, but at least I can hear them, more or less. Action's buttons are not very clicky, so without beeps I can't even understand, if it's recording or not.

With any OA cameras you only click record button and it is actually recording, so need for any beep.
Gopro can't compete with this.
2022-10-12
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

del
2022-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried calibration ?
2022-10-25
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-25 11:17
Have you tried calibration ?

You probably don’t understand how focusing works, right? Do you think I haven't tried everything? And how resetting to settings and calibrating the horizon will correct the incorrect position of the lens relative to the matrix, stop writing stupidly.
2022-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zarg Posted at 10-25 22:24
You probably don’t understand how focusing works, right? Do you think I haven't tried everything? And how resetting to settings and calibrating the horizon will correct the incorrect position of the lens relative to the matrix, stop writing stupidly.

Do you think I haven't tried everything?

Im not a mind reader, but it shows your ignorance when you come here looking for help but armed with the need to call others stupid, thats just pig ignorant…
2022-10-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

The stabilization is electronic, the lenses or the sensor do not move. So calibration is only about the horizon. Half of the out-of-focus side is an optical error, or the sensor has moved (unlikely), or the lens assembly (highly likely). Like tilt-shift lens.
2022-10-26
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 01:25
Do you think I haven't tried everything?

Im not a mind reader, but it shows your ignorance when you come here looking for help but armed with the need to call others stupid, thats just pig ignorant…

It is clear from your posts that you are rude. I didn't ask you anything, so calm down and don't talk nonsense ok?
2022-10-26
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

StevoB Posted at 10-26 01:36
The stabilization is electronic, the lenses or the sensor do not move. So calibration is only about the horizon. Half of the out-of-focus side is an optical error, or the sensor has moved (unlikely), or the lens assembly (highly likely). Like tilt-shift lens.

hallmark007 Yes, he just gobbles up, what are you trying to explain to him? He doesn't understand obvious things. He gives advice that he doesn't understand.
2022-10-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I'm talking about an action camera with a fixed lens and a fixed sensor = OA3. You may have optical stabilization and perhaps a stabilized sensor, as I have at home on a Pentax
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zarg Posted at 10-26 01:56
hallmark007 Yes, he just gobbles up, what are you trying to explain to him? He doesn't understand obvious things. He gives advice that he doesn't understand.

Again the ignorant fool comes on here trying to denigrate people trying to help. It’s actually you who knows little or nothing and all you have done is insult people while spewing the same ridiculous tests that are being displayed here on every second thread with no answers. You’re a clown and an extremely rude one. Now crawl back into the hole you crawled out of.

My guess is you have real problems with my avatar which shows my support for Ukraine. It seems we might have a bigot on here.
2022-10-26
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 04:51
Again the ignorant fool comes on here trying to denigrate people trying to help. It’s actually you who knows little or nothing and all you have done is insult people while spewing the same ridiculous tests that are being displayed here on every second thread with no answers. You’re a clown and an extremely rude one. Now crawl back into the hole you crawled out of.

My guess is you have real problems with my avatar which shows my support for Ukraine. It seems we might have a bigot on here.

Complete spammer Russophobe. He writes all sorts of garbage that he himself does not understand. Doesn't take a damn thing. It can only condemn other people's videos and upload videos of other people. Crawl into the cave and look for your golden pot - that's your business, not here on the forum to insult other people. You have really serious problems with your head, before it's too late to turn to a qualified doctor.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zarg Posted at 10-27 22:13
Complete spammer Russophobe. He writes all sorts of garbage that he himself does not understand. Doesn't take a damn thing. It can only condemn other people's videos and upload videos of other people. Crawl into the cave and look for your golden pot - that's your business, not here on the forum to insult other people. You have really serious problems with your head, before it's too late to turn to a qualified doctor.

and here we have the Russian bully, idiot who thinks he’s Mr Putrid , run along bully no one accepts your ridiculous pig ignorant behavior, you just confirm to others that you think by being aggressive you can achieve something but you can’t so move on and use your aggression somewhere else.
And I have posted hundreds of photos and more than 60 videos on this forum , so posting videos or photos is not a problem. Where is yours ?
2022-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 00:09
and here we have the Russian bully, idiot who thinks he’s Mr Putrid , run along bully no one accepts your ridiculous pig ignorant behavior, you just confirm to others that you think by being aggressive you can achieve something but you can’t so move on and use your aggression somewhere else.
And I have posted hundreds of photos and more than 60 videos on this forum , so posting videos or photos is not a problem. Where is yours ?

Just because he is Russian or live in Russia doesn't automatic make him support his/their president.
Do you think all Germans supported their leader back in 1939-1945?

We are here on this forum to talk about DJI product and in this case OA3, so stick to topic without being hateful against others.
2022-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-28 01:35
Just because he is Russian or live in Russia doesn't automatic make him support his/their president.
Do you think all Germans supported their leader back in 1939-1945?

Well you seen what he wrote, he shouldn’t be bullying people. My first post to him was to help him by awaking him a simple question “did he calibrate” his answer was I was Stupid, now if thats not the start of bullying I don’t know what is.
He then called me a Russophobe trying to say I fear russians because thats what that means. So go figure and please try to read all the posts before rushing to point the finger.
2022-10-28
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 01:43
Well you seen what he wrote, he shouldn’t be bullying people. My first post to him was to help him by awaking him a simple question “did he calibrate” his answer was I was Stupid, now if thats not the start of bullying I don’t know what is.
He then called me a Russophobe trying to say I fear russians because thats what that means. So go figure and please try to read all the posts before rushing to point the finger.
The thing is, I didn't ask you for advice. And you got in here with your ...ty opinion. You don't even know what calibration is in this action camera! This is the calibration of the HORIZON (explanations for you uneducated). THIS confirms your STUPIDITY! Your knowledge is clear to me - you are a complete zero. And shove all your opinions to yourself from where they crawled out from you.

2022-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 10-28 01:43

You started it with writing how he dare coming to this forum
2022-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zarg Posted at 10-28 02:04
The thing is, I didn't ask you for advice. And you got in here with your ...ty opinion. You don't even know what calibration is in this action camera! This is the calibration of the HORIZON (explanations for you uneducated). THIS confirms your STUPIDITY! Your knowledge is clear to me - you are a complete zero. And shove all your opinions to yourself from where they crawled out from you.

A forum is a place, situation, or group in which people exchange ideas and discuss issues,

But once again the pig ignorant numpty decides to try his hand at bullying once again. But he can save his bullying for his own kind.

I spoke to dji 2 weeks ago regarding their posting of internal parameters. They went through the process with me over the phone. First a factory reset install new firmware and calibrate horizon and this should and “does” help with over all focus. In turn I passed this information on to the pig ignorant numpty above who choose to call me stupid amongst other things.

I’m well aware of what calibration is I own over 25 cameras amongst them 3 osmo action cameras.

You think by being an aggressive bully you can put others in their place disrespect others who only try to help, to post lies about others. I’ve been on this forum for 7 years and have seen fools like you arrive here pretending they know more than the rest of , not open for any discussion.

Truth is your test shows you know absolutely nothing about action cameras and a lot less about people and you didn’t lick that up off the street.
2022-10-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules