New DJI Avata Firmware Released (12/28/2023)
34072 184 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-15 09:14
That is correct. It seems they made it go away if you are within like 50 feet of the home point. It does not show until you are further away from yourself (home point).

Maybe at least one thing they could have added to the release notes?
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_iL3W7VxCQ9Vg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322887 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i had also a yaw washout and then the drone flipped sideways in manual mode out of nowhere but i was able to rescue before it kissed the ground. I hope the Avata gets full Gyroflow support (all FOVs) and maybe 4K 4:3 at 30fps also with Gyroflow support, that would be nice.
2022-9-15
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-15 09:14
That is correct. It seems they made it go away if you are within like 50 feet of the home point. It does not show until you are further away from yourself (home point).

I will check it out when the weather is good. Thanks a lot all.
2022-9-15
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

hungdang Posted at 9-15 03:31
After firmware updated I could not see the H (home point) when I flew my Avata with motion controller. Can anyone please check it and let me know?
Many thanks

My home point H is still there
2022-9-15
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

Please dji add custom stick assignments
Please
2022-9-15
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 09:17
Maybe at least one thing they could have added to the release notes?

Well, that would have been too easy for everyone, it's better if they leave us scratching our heads and guessing lol.
2022-9-15
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

alex_markov Posted at 9-14 20:08
Where did You see this? As goggles FW is the same as the August update!

https://b3yond.d3vl.com/
2022-9-15
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I did the first update that allowed AVATA not sure if this is the same update.
Having no fcc mode is horrible.
2022-9-15
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

CutAussie Posted at 9-15 00:33
Doesn’t effect the unlock with Goggles 2 so I’m happy

Sweet, good to know as I will be getting them when they start selling the stand alone version.
2022-9-15
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 9-15 18:47
https://b3yond.d3vl.com/

Read carefully - warning is about dji fpv, not Avata
2022-9-15
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

alex_markov Posted at 9-15 19:20
Read carefully - warning is about dji fpv, not Avata

I also have FPV. They say can no longer roll back after 1.3 update I use goggles for both for now.
2022-9-15
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 9-15 20:23
I also have FPV. They say can no longer roll back after 1.3 update I use goggles for both for now.

Agree, but the topic was for Avata
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-15 18:25
Well, that would have been too easy for everyone, it's better if they leave us scratching our heads and guessing lol.

At least they've been consistent over the years.
2022-9-16
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

alex_markov Posted at 9-15 20:41
Agree, but the topic was for Avata

2022-9-16
Use props
usernameitis
lvl.1

Poland

After update drone shows stable blue light. Googles cant connect to drone, neither controller could connect. I cant connect drone to DJI Assistant 2, neither do any reset from DJI Fly APP. Pls any ideas?
2022-9-16
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turned on my Avata and no available firmware update.  Is this for US as well?
2022-9-16
Use props
Aviboy
lvl.1

Thailand

My update is stuck on 40% ... help pls!
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_ONNOMDS7VEWr
New

France

Hello ,
I just received my second Avata and did the last firmware update out of the box.
Tried to run it indoor and my second avata is way slower than the first one.
Is it due to the update ore is it a harware issue on my avata?
I didn t tried before the update.
The drone is so slow it's pretty unusable, do you know some ways to fix it?
Thank you!
2022-9-17
Use props
fans707668ca
New

United States

I have 20/20 vision and I just purchased the Avata. I get two separate images in goggles and complete double vision
2022-9-18
Use props
fansb77092a6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 806847 ft
  • >>>
France

And the bug where the drone crashed in a turn it's resolved ??
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_eRTa6wDLQtBt
lvl.1
Malaysia

optimized safety = blocked all fcc hacks..
2022-9-19
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

djiuser_eRTa6wDLQtBt Posted at 9-19 03:55
optimized safety = blocked all fcc hacks..

It has not blocked the FCC hack
2022-9-19
Use props
Will_Jachar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215594 ft
Czechia

djiuser_tnUxlpH2YoY3 Posted at 9-20 03:26
I never thought i could smile and be in a happy marriage again if not for the help of DR.Moses Buba. I got the doctors Emails ) on the internet and i emailed him, and he got back to me with some encouraging words, he got me some herbs cream which i use for just 8 days and i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, and without surgery. This went on for a little period of about 10 days and to my surprise my wife keeps screaming that she love my big dick now. Now my wife no longer cheat on me, and my penis is now about 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. And now my wife uses breasts, hips and bums enlargement. I and my wife are very happy for the help rendered to me by DR.Moses Buba, and i want to say a big thanks to Doctor for the help. You can contact the Doctor now on his Email  ) Am thankful to the doctor for helping me.   DOCTOR Moses Buba CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS 1. HIV/AIDS SPELL 2. HERPES SPELL 3. CANCER SPELL 4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL 5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve 6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL get all your problem solve. No problem is too big for him to solve

But does it unlock the FCC mode?
2022-9-20
Use props
PROPELLA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

djiuser_tnUxlpH2YoY3 Posted at 9-20 03:26
I never thought i could smile and be in a happy marriage again if not for the help of DR.Moses Buba. I got the doctors Emails ) on the internet and i emailed him, and he got back to me with some encouraging words, he got me some herbs cream which i use for just 8 days and i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, and without surgery. This went on for a little period of about 10 days and to my surprise my wife keeps screaming that she love my big dick now. Now my wife no longer cheat on me, and my penis is now about 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. And now my wife uses breasts, hips and bums enlargement. I and my wife are very happy for the help rendered to me by DR.Moses Buba, and i want to say a big thanks to Doctor for the help. You can contact the Doctor now on his Email  ) Am thankful to the doctor for helping me.   DOCTOR Moses Buba CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS 1. HIV/AIDS SPELL 2. HERPES SPELL 3. CANCER SPELL 4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL 5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve 6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL get all your problem solve. No problem is too big for him to solve

The question is: can DOCTOR Moses Buba fix the "flipping" bug?
2022-9-20
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_ONNOMDS7VEWr Posted at 9-17 23:41
Hello ,
I just received my second Avata and did the last firmware update out of the box.
Tried to run it indoor and my second avata is way slower than the first one.

I've experienced this when flying indoors - keep an eye on the GPS signal - it will go red when you've lost all satellites - I flew from the outside into a building and when the GPS dropped to zero sats the Avata slowed right down - I had  to really pull the trigger on the MC to get it to move.

I don't like this and hope DJI address in a future Firmware update.
2022-9-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iL3W7VxCQ9Vg Posted at 9-15 09:41
i had also a yaw washout and then the drone flipped sideways in manual mode out of nowhere but i was able to rescue before it kissed the ground. I hope the Avata gets full Gyroflow support (all FOVs) and maybe 4K 4:3 at 30fps also with Gyroflow support, that would be nice.

Jump ahead to 3:35 in this video....is this similar to what you had happen?  I've heard 'a few' others report this as well, but only in 'FULL MANUAL" MODE....and not NORMAL or SPORTS MODES.   Sounds like he's making a follow-up video to this with perhaps some more detail as well;

P.S.  I've personally NOT yet experienced this issue.  But I've also only done a few very limited flights in full manual mode (ACRO), and no extremely share turns.  
2022-9-20
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After a few flights with the new FW I am happy - no sudden uncontrollable movements to the left as with previous and no added problems either good ... for now
2022-9-21
Use props
PROPELLA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 9-21 19:55
After a few flights with the new FW I am happy - no sudden uncontrollable movements to the left as with previous and no added problems either  good ... for now

so you can confirm, that the problem ist with the newest FW solved?
2022-9-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

PROPELLA Posted at 9-22 01:05
so you can confirm, that the problem ist with the newest FW solved?

I can Confirm that I do not see it again  - Nothing else
2022-9-22
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 9-22 01:48
I can Confirm that I do not see it again  - Nothing else

Did you have this problem on the older FW?
2022-9-25
Use props
YagitAgit
lvl.1
United States

What does "Optimized flight experience when using motion controller" cover??
2022-9-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

jdmagoo Posted at 9-25 14:02
Did you have this problem on the older FW?

Yes, with first fw avata was jumping itself to the left and i am flying only in n and s
2022-9-25
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

fredbotton75 Posted at 9-14 14:04
Anybody willing to try some real sharp turns after update and tell us the result? ;)

Manual or sport?
2022-9-25
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

alex_markov Posted at 9-14 07:29
For my brief experience with DJI "Optimizing flight safety" usually means they put some restrictions or patching some hacks possibilities  
But Yes Avata tends to jump violently on the left every now and then - for now I manage to counter it before the crash but today was very severe
I'll wait and read

in manual or sport?
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_Gh0WqIB2aMwI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1090463 ft
Nigeria

Good morning, my name is Believing from Nigeria. Yesterday a drone under my unit reported toe that the DJI Mavic Air 2 crash-landed and got heavily damaged. What happened was that the drone battery became faulty in midair that is, it disconnected itself from the drone. Will the drone fall off from the sky due to a faulty battery or RTH or honey?

Thank you!
2022-9-26
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the FCC zero file hack and tested it and found that it worked.  I then applied the update.  "applied" here is not really precise.  I turned everything on and connect the goggles (DJI Goggles 2) to my iPhone and started the app.  I very briefly saw the update button come up but I was still messing with the cables etc.  In any case, by the time I looked, the update had been applied.  I verified this by looking at the firmware versions.

In any case, I just flew again.  When I go to manual setting for the transmission, bandwidth is 40Mhz and I still have the three channels that I had after the FCC hack but I did not have before the FCC hack.  I also flew it and the range seems to be the same.

One thing that I've noticed twice now... Flying back home, the effective bandwidth displayed in the goggles is WAY better.  Like 35Mhz compared to 3 to 4 Mhz when I'm flying away.
2022-9-28
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

DJI please check out the flipping issue on M mode. Its terrifying us from flying in M Mode.
Now I have grounded my Avata sadly.
2022-9-29
Use props
djiuser_usmWQ89s3kul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318986 ft
Lithuania

Elendel Posted at 9-14 05:29
Is it a fix for the sudden yawing issue that causes the drone to flip extremely on its side when in manual mode and crashes?

I have expierenced same issue several times. When DJI will fix this?
2022-9-29
Use props
Alan Silva3
lvl.1

Brazil

Dji mini2 losing radio signal in band 5.8, after Last update. Does anyone have a solution for this?
2022-9-29
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Alan Silva3 Posted at 9-29 11:58
Dji mini2 losing radio signal in band 5.8, after Last update. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Yes the solution for your issue is to move this post to the mini 2 dedicated section.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules