Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Avata Firmware Released (12/28/2023)
33858 184 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Alan Silva3 Posted at 9-29 11:58
Dji mini2 losing radio signal in band 5.8, after Last update. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Hi, there.
1. Please note that your aircraft cannot use the 5.8 GHz frequency band in Japan, Russia, Israel, and Kazakhstan. (In these areas, 5.8 GHz is not used as a civil radio frequency band.)
2. And please check the following details as well:
1). Please take the aircraft, remote controller, and mobile device (with app installed) to an open outdoor area. Power on the aircraft and remote controller and connect them to the mobile device’s app.
2). After powering on, the aircraft will automatically search for a satellite signal. When the app shows that the number of satellite signals reaches 10, continue to wait for about one minute.
3). Power off the remote controller and aircraft and then restart them. Check whether the image transmission signal can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.
4). If switching fails, please refresh the aircraft firmware and follow steps 1, 2, and 3 once again.
5). If the issue persists after the above methods have been tried, we recommend sending the product back for repair. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Besides, please note that this thread is for DJI Avata. For the next time, you can ask your question under the thread of Mini 2.

Thank you for your support.
2022-9-29
Use props
fans9ea5aacf
lvl.1

United States

Any tips for pushing the v01.03.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2) to my goggles? I purchased my goggles with an RTF bundle from a third-party provider (getFPV), and for some reason the goggles will NOT recognize the DJI Fly app, or the latest firmware version within DA2... my DA2 is only providing me an update for V01.00.0606 (which is specific to the DJI FPV System, not the DJI FPV or DJI Avata)... Any tips? Can I factory reset the goggles?)
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_3l3pXONJaqMk
lvl.1

United States

Still waiting for that "invert vertical axis" firmware update lol.
2022-9-30
Use props
Grishock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124816 ft
Russia

Please help!!! Dji Avata and she broke my FPV drone!!! I updated the DJI FPV COMBO firmware to the latest version and now the sport mode is not working. when the switch is in S, it shows N (((
DJI what's going on? What should I do, flashing did not help reset all settings too.
2022-10-1
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

Do this firmware update fixes the random Avata crashes in manual mode?
2022-10-1
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

fans93492ae5 Posted at 10-1 21:20
Do this firmware update fixes the random Avata crashes in manual mode?

Not yet. We are all waiting for the next firmware that will fix the issue.
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21089 ft
New Zealand

I will try to  summarize  that changes in this version based on other people's comments:
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21089 ft
New Zealand

This  summary is just what I read from other people's comments regarding Avata update 01.01.0200:

1.   The FCC is NOT undone by this update
2.   The Home H indicator behaves slightly different.   It is no longer displayed when you are close to the home point
3.   When the drone loses satellites it slows way down.   For example when you fly from outdoors to indoors.
4.   Nobody has yet been able to replicate the yaw intvert issue, so hopefully that means its resolved?

If all of these four points are true, then I think I will also do the upgrade now.
2022-10-7
Use props
Unused
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK Posted at 10-7 14:41
This  summary is just what I read from other people's comments regarding Avata update 01.01.0200:

1.   The FCC is NOT undone by this update

Agreed,

In response to a few post above I didn't notice any significant range / reception between Fcc or non Fcc hack very odd.

I heard the drone is dual band, but selecting in manual frequency, only 5.8 displayed
2022-10-10
Use props
Stephanb.744
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243209 ft
Germany

Since the firmware update my avata only Flys 500m away in manual mode. After this it swichtes to normal or sports mode and I can't engage manual mode anymore. Only when I fly under 500m distance it can be flown in manual mode again. Does anybody encounter this and knows a fix?
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_zzksDeg8jWfZ
lvl.2
United States

2022-10-12
Use props
Jumai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376594 ft
Singapore

Anyone able to use the start/stop button on the dji fpv remote if using Avata? I cannot get it to work and when I change my C2 button to start and stop motor function it doesn’t work also. Does anyone have the same issue and found a solution?
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_D3udC2ldm3jD
lvl.1

France

Jumai Posted at 10-15 01:43
Anyone able to use the start/stop button on the dji fpv remote if using Avata? I cannot get it to work and when I change my C2 button to start and stop motor function it doesn’t work also. Does anyone have the same issue and found a solution?

It's the same on my side, impossible to turn off the engine
2022-10-15
Use props
Jumai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376594 ft
Singapore

djiuser_D3udC2ldm3jD Posted at 10-15 14:07
It's the same on my side, impossible to turn off the engine

So sad to know this considering dji is always boasting about safety on their quads. Having this function is really helpful in case of emergency if we really need to manually turn off motors quickly.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_D3udC2ldm3jD
lvl.1

France

Jumai Posted at 10-15 16:52
So sad to know this considering dji is always boasting about safety on their quads. Having this function is really helpful in case of emergency if we really need to manually turn off motors quickly.

I have updated and I just reset the devices, nothing happens
2022-10-16
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I saw new Avata firmware (330.1MB) when I opened my DJI fly app this morning (17/10/2022 Australia) but I could not find any information from DJI support yet. Anyone?

Thanks
2022-10-16
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

hungdang Posted at 10-16 14:58
I saw new Avata firmware (330.1MB) when I opened my DJI fly app this morning (17/10/2022 Australia) but I could not find any information from DJI support yet. Anyone?

Thanks

please share some screenshot. I tried checking mine and I don't see such notifications yet on my DJI FLY.
2022-10-16
Use props
Macabox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239029 ft
Spain

Yes I have the  a new update!!! 17/01/2023
Ok! I connect the phone with my goggles and turn on the remote controller 2 and the drone , and the update has disappeared.
2023-1-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

So what is the newest update and what does it fix??
2023-3-28
Use props
Macabox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239029 ft
Spain

frankymusik Posted at 2022-9-14 12:34
I can confirm that FCC Mode (with the 0 byte file) still works!  

I just tested it!

thanks for the info!
2023-3-28
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Perfect. Thanks.
2023-3-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-28 06:33
So what is the newest update and what does it fix??

Overview:
Date: 2023.03.28
Aircraft Firmware: v01.03.0000
Goggles Firmware:
v01.05.0000 (DJI Goggles 2)
v01.07.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
v01.01.0000 (DJI Goggles Integra)
Remote Control Devices Firmware:
v02.00.0600 (DJI FPV Remote Controller 2)
v02.00.0600 (DJI Motion Controller)
v01.01.0000 (DJI RC Motion 2)
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.8

What’s New
Added support to use with DJI RC Motion 2.
Added support to use with DJI Goggles Integra.
Added erasing all aircraft data. Tap Settings > About > Clear All Data to erase all data.
Added RTH altitude prompt after updating the Home Point.
Extended the low battery RTH countdown to 15 seconds.
Added visual prompts when remote control or image transmission signals are weak. The visual prompt is displayed only when the aircraft is used with the DJI Goggles 2 or DJI Goggles Integra.
2023-3-28
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Does the FCC hack still works with the new update of today to the avata and googles 2?
2023-3-28
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 3-28 07:29
Does the FCC hack still works with the new update of today to the avata and googles 2?

try it out and let us know
2023-3-28
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Xviews Posted at 3-28 11:13
try it out and let us know

I cant afford to lose it, i really need it. If someone can test it out please let us know. Thanks.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28615 ft
Canada

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 3-28 13:49
I cant afford to lose it, i really need it. If someone can test it out please let us know. Thanks.

Are you talking about ham_* file hack? I can confirm that it works on goggles V2 with the latest firmware update. Don't know about goggles 2 though
2023-3-28
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-28 14:12
Are you talking about ham_* file hack? I can confirm that it works on goggles V2 with the latest firmware update. Don't know about goggles 2 though

Yes im talking about that. Cool thanks for your feedback. Now we only need to know about Googles 2.
2023-3-28
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Still no fix for the yaw flips and the Drone getting uncontrollable after a light Crash?
Really unacceptable situation Like this my avata ist just rusting at Home because its not safe to fly Like this!!

Buyed me a nazzgul and having a blast with it, it just feels save and Not Like a flying brick that can get a uncontrollable weapon at any given second....
2023-3-28
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Macabox Posted at 3-28 06:34
thanks for the info!

Man, this post was months ago...!

I couldn't test it today...   
2023-3-28
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Somebody confirmed in youtube the hack still works with googles 2.
2023-3-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info and FW update.
2023-3-29
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2022-9-14 12:13
Appreciate the heads-up.

P. S. I've not experienced any drifting/erratic behavior whatsoever (12 flights/18mi.).

Same - only erratic behavior on my avata is it bouncing off stuff

not going to rush into this firmware as it is likely just a little tuning on the previous Manual mode yaw issue if that - looks like a lot of support for new goggles and a new motion controller.

Thanks again DJI for bringing that out - now my original motion controller one is worth nothing - I was trying to sell it - don't get me wrong the new one looks cooler - but still - if I wanted that I would get My Nintendo out - I am flying a quad over here - need 2 sticks
2023-3-29
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Nitro-Tom Posted at 3-29 03:34

not going to rush into this firmware as it is likely just a little tuning on the previous Manual mode yaw issue if that - looks like a lot of support for new goggles and a new motion controller.

It brings a great feature. Warning when signal is low. That could have saved my last avata i lost due to low signal. For me just for that is worth it. I just dont want to lose FCC functionality. Until now one guy confirmed it still works, anyone can confirm it too?
2023-3-29
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 3-29 04:42
It brings a great feature. Warning when signal is low. That could have saved my last avata i lost due to low signal. For me just for that is worth it. I just dont want to lose FCC functionality. Until now one guy confirmed it still works, anyone can confirm it too?

just do the update no risk no fun.
Ham still works
2023-3-29
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Xviews Posted at 3-29 06:46
just do the update no risk no fun.
Ham still works

Thanks mate. Do you need to resend the file to the sd card?
2023-3-29
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 3-29 03:34

Yeah this sucks buyed the pack a few months before and even considering taking the looses and selling the Drone, Fly more kit and of course the motion, this will count up my looses even more.

Really sucks but im loosing faith in DJI fixing the problems that complety holding me back enjoing the otherwise nice drone.
Really was happy seeing theres an update just to see it fixes nothing but supporting new stuff. even got a discount code for the new motion controller but wont buy anything from DJI before the Problems got sorted out tbh...
2023-3-29
Use props
chocobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476726 ft
United States

Koolada Posted at 3-29 14:12
Yeah this sucks buyed the pack a few months before and even considering taking the looses and selling the Drone, Fly more kit and of course the motion, this will count up my looses even more.

Really sucks but im loosing faith in DJI fixing the problems that complety holding me back enjoing the otherwise nice drone.

So it still does the yaw washout and then kicks into normal mode/hovering if it detects the washout?

have u tested if they tuned it a little bit better to handle when it happens? i was waiting until someone tried it yet on the update.
2023-3-29
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Koolada Posted at 3-28 21:26
Still no fix for the yaw flips and the Drone getting uncontrollable after a light Crash?
Really unacceptable situation Like this my avata ist just rusting at Home because its not safe to fly Like this!!

I bought my Nazgul in the winter, not knowing how bad the Avata is flying with the current firmware. Last sunday I had my maiden flights with the Nazgul and brought the Avata with it to give it a first blast in this year. Boy, is this like day and night. Although I had never flew acro FPV before, after a short time I was already doing loopings and other tricks with the Nazgul. The Avata kept twitching oddly even in N and S, which is new to me, and then much worse in M, including crash and flyaway. It is sad. The Avata was so good last year...

DJI, the Avata firmware needs lots of attention!
2023-3-30
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

SeehawerB, non difference in mycase with different firmware for me. Only m mode since septembre and all firmware tested
2023-3-30
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

chocobo Posted at 3-29 23:18
So it still does the yaw washout and then kicks into normal mode/hovering if it detects the washout?

have u tested if they tuned it a little bit better to handle when it happens? i was waiting until someone tried it yet on the update.

Don't know I installed it but dunno when I'm able to test it, TBH I fly most time the Nazgul now because I don't want to test if it does still the flyaway ... and it flys like 200 times better than the Avata. There's nothing in the Patch notes about Failsafe or flight behavior if they not did something silently it should still be the same, just reading the notes.

Just learning a fly style with the Avata I don't need considering with the nazgul which just don't do flips and kicks random in normal mode if you do yaw movements....

@SeehawerB yeah the Nazgul feels so much better but its also much faster and harder to control in small Spots as a beginner, would love to use the Avata for leaning and cruising chilled around enjoing the hobby but not when the fucking software kicks me random out of Manual and let me loose control. Im even getting that a Cinewhoop isn't made for Hard Freesyte but I had this Yaw errrors even cruising around not even doing Freestyle, the kicking out and drone going Kamikaze when landing on the Ground just do the rest. With the Nazgul i'm felling to any time 100% in control and if something bad happens I just disarm and pick it up where it landed and I know it was my mistake.

I really hope they fix it but on the other side I could just sell it and build my own cinewhoop with normal Hobby Hardware and Betaflight where im 100% in control, don't wanna wait more months hoping they fix it if they even do... Slowly im getting why so many FPV comnunity members make fun about DJI.... sorry if thats rude but really dont know what to say else anymore.. The O3 is a fucking potent system with a beatiful camera system but the software on the Avata just makes it unnecrasy unsafe...

DJI Please fix this errors, would love enjoing the Avata again and not needing to sell it   

2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules