New DJI Avata Firmware Released (12/28/2023)
34134 184 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

I received a replacement avata yesterday after losing my first one to the sea after a total loss of signal (didnt self activated hovering). Today i installed the new firmware, tried a yaw turn and one propeller exploded right away. Now i need to send back the avata to dji. And this could have been much worse if it falled in the places i usually need to fly. I'm really shocked and without words, how can something like this happen in a brand new drone. DJI i'm waiting for a quick response on this matter. Thank you.
2023-3-30
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 3-30 14:58
I received a replacement avata yesterday after losing my first one to the sea after a total loss of signal (didnt self activated hovering). Today i installed the new firmware, tried a yaw turn and one propeller exploded right away. Now i need to send back the avata to dji. And this could have been much worse if it falled in the places i usually need to fly. I'm really shocked and without words, how can something like this happen in a brand new drone. DJI i'm waiting for a quick response on this matter. Thank you.

Got a replacement drone too and get still the massive yaw errors so it's not a unit problem.

The propeller problem is well known too, did you tighten them up or checked how tight they was?

Found a good example clip where it happened and after relooking it I need to say even more how much bull... this is, I mean look at this, was a really basic move how else should I move around the corner? do a full roll? And no it was not windy don't know why its staying so unlevel after kicking me out of manual.

2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ricardo Cerqueira Posted at 3-30 14:58

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. For this problem, it is suggested to send us your Avata for further checking.  
Please rest assured, we will check your drone and keep you updated about the related details via email.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know here anytime as well.

2023-3-30
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

is it EMP proof? lol
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_2VZ9SlW5dcND
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494003 ft
Australia

Is it just me, or do others have the following issues now after updating the firmware:

- Unable to start/stop motors in manual mode
- Unable to flip or roll
- Unable to adjust stick mode
- Unable to dive
2023-3-30
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Info: DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.9 DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.9
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

Koolada Posted at 3-30 17:17
Got a replacement drone too and get still the massive yaw errors so it's not a unit problem.

The propeller problem is well known too, did you tighten them up or checked how tight they was?

Classy ;)

I also send my avata do DJI and got information that is my fault XD

dji customer service is quite unprofessional here and they said nothing, only that is pilot error - glad that I have other drones and I will try to sell it ASAP.

2023-3-30
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 3-30 23:17
Classy ;)

Was the same for me at first too but got  footage where it clearly crashed by itself and where the Video feed in the googles was gone at first the rep center tried to mark it as pilot error too because I disamed when the Feed was gone...

Yeah selling it just seems to be the only logical thing to do if you wanna do something more then cruising around with your lovestick... Will try with the update but really have not much hope something changed, and don't wanna test if it do still the flyaway after a small crash.... Maybe i will just send the Drone 3 times to DJI to get my money 100% back if the error still happens, not sure how they want to explain why the drone flips in normal movements..
Just still loving the idea having a Drone to cruise around and Learn stuff and having DJI Care if something happened and having a Potent FPV drone with the Nazgul as second option.

2023-3-31
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_2VZ9SlW5dcND Posted at 3-30 18:02
Is it just me, or do others have the following issues now after updating the firmware:

- Unable to start/stop motors in manual mode

After this update i needed to change the controller style in the googles from sport back to normal mode and remove the attitude limite.
2023-3-31
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 3-30 23:17
Classy ;)

Did your propeller broke in the air too or crashed do to a yaw manuver? My first avata with loss of signal they replied that was my fault too. They didnt analized the drone physically as i could not return it was gone to the ocean. I sent them the recording of the googles and yeah, not factory problem they said. If they make the same with this brand new drone i will stop using their products. To the Dji employer that replied me above, i already reported a repair case today with this email address, thank you. I have dji care but i reported as a factory problem and hope this case is resolved accordingly.
Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze7EUql4sgc
2023-3-31
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

Koolada Posted at 3-30 17:17

I checked after the crash and atleast the 3 propellers left that i could check were well tighten i think. That is good or bad? I mean, too tight is a bad thing? Now im really worried for future flights even with another unit.
2023-3-31
Use props
Gimbal Golf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3491470 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jamesroc@mac.com Posted at 2022-9-14 05:17
Anymore details on the 'Optimized flight safety' ?

Probably RID! We dont need it in the UK so it may not affect CE units, but if you have hacked it, it might
2023-3-31
Use props
chocobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476726 ft
United States

I think I know what causes the yaw turning problem (tumble).  When you hit max speed in manual mode and then the maximum forward momentum, (depending on which direction you turn) when you turn in your desired direction, lets say you turn left, then the motor has to increase in speed in order to initiate the turn. However since the motor is already at maximum RPM it cannot spin up any faster to counter the spin at a high forward momentum. Which is why I think those who upgraded the motors have less of the yaw spin problem because they can spin up faster when it is needed to turn at a high forward momentum.

Now to fix this without upgrading the motors I think it would be fixed it there was a speed limit on the maximum forward momentum (forward speed) on manual mode (example: lower the speed limit from 60mph to 55mph). So it can give the motors extra space to spin up RPM motor rotation to counter the forward momentum. If DJI could implement this in their next firmware update I am sure it would fix the problem. And also wind speed needs to be a variable as well. Since if there is a higher wind speed it would need to be a factor in calculating the RPM (motor rotational speed) while implementing a forward speed reduction (momentum) or top speed reduction in manual or even in sports mode.   

If the developers could introduce this into their programming into the flight controller then it would save DJI money in replacement of Avata drones under warranty in the overall bigger picture...

This is a programming problem and not a hardware problem. It needs to be addressed to the developers.

2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

chocobo Posted at 3-31 15:15
I think I know what causes the yaw turning problem (tumble).  When you hit max speed in manual mode and then the maximum forward momentum, (depending on which direction you turn) when you turn in your desired direction, lets say you turn left, then the motor has to increase in speed in order to initiate the turn. However since the motor is already at maximum RPM it cannot spin up any faster to counter the spin at a high forward momentum. Which is why I think those who upgraded the motors have less of the yaw spin problem because they can spin up faster when it is needed to turn at a high forward momentum.

Now to fix this without upgrading the motors I think it would be fixed it there was a speed limit on the maximum forward momentum (forward speed) on manual mode (example: lower the speed limit from 60mph to 55mph). So it can give the motors extra space to spin up RPM motor rotation to counter the forward momentum. If DJI could implement this in their next firmware update I am sure it would fix the problem. And also wind speed needs to be a variable as well. Since if there is a higher wind speed it would need to be a factor in calculating the RPM (motor rotational speed) while implementing a forward speed reduction (momentum) or top speed reduction in manual or even in sports mode.   

They will do nothing

They say only thats pilot error.

There will be no update.
Fly with MC not manual.

2023-4-2
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 2022-9-14 18:45
v01.03.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2) ?

What I have learned is that if you refresh the firmware in the US, for example, you fly in europe, but go on vacation to US and take your drone, and you reflash the FW, it will set country code, so a VPN to US could work to set US code and unlock FCC that way... Just a theory, but the DJI software checks for country code, that I know!
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_Itu2ebQAHaem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227943 ft
United Kingdom

Marco899 Posted at 2022-9-14 06:19
I'll wait until more is known and if the FCC hack isn't undone by this update.

Does it stop the FCC hack
2023-4-7
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_Itu2ebQAHaem Posted at 4-7 07:14
Does it stop the FCC hack

Apparently works the same.
2023-4-7
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

Need to fix the manual mode because normal mode kicks in at ten feet away. 4/8/2023
2023-4-8
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

CagomoC FpV Posted at 4-8 16:46
Need to fix the manual mode because normal mode kicks in at ten feet away. 4/8/2023

any1 can confirm that problem?? what would be a BIG problem
2023-4-9
Use props
episode.yang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22428 ft
United States

Does anyone here have problem upgrading the firmware? Mine is stuck at 01.01.00.00 and the Fly app does not offer a way to upgrade --- keeps saying that your firmware is up-to-date.
2023-4-9
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

episode.yang Posted at 4-9 15:45
Does anyone here have problem upgrading the firmware? Mine is stuck at 01.01.00.00 and the Fly app does not offer a way to upgrade --- keeps saying that your firmware is up-to-date.

go with assistant software, not thru app - way more safer
2023-4-10
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

chocobo Posted at 3-31 15:15

I think the main problem are the Motors in the first place, you got some terrible Prop wash with it too and the Drone hast too low torque to lift you if you fall fast It's simply massively undermotorised so It's not only a Software Problem. With the nazgul I can fly full throttle with like 3x the speed of the Avata sideways without even registering any Propwash or anything but yeah it happens exactly if you do this but I also tried lowering the throttle when I go into the sideway movement and sometimes its still happening, its just unpredictable...

If I wouldn't lose warranty and care in the process swapping out the Motors, I would test it. Even considered testing the Drone without the prop guard to check if the problem persists after this, but if you crash you will like 100% destroy props and the Avata ones are simply too expensive to accept this. And don't know if this would void warranty too tbh. (maybe somebody know this?)

Theres a Video of Mr Camps who did test it. Would be even happy if It's just fixing how unpredictable it is when it happens or not tried to reconize patterns when it happens but its simply not possible.

2023-4-10
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is it odd that this update didn’t show up on my iphone but straight away on my ipad?
2023-4-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Also why isn’t the Fly App native on the googles?
2023-4-11
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199593 ft
Germany

djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK Posted at 2022-10-7 14:41
This  summary is just what I read from other people's comments regarding Avata update 01.01.0200:

1.   The FCC is NOT undone by this update

I might add this:
  • Change recording mode from AVC1 to HVEC

Anyone else notice this? Maybe I am just beingt totally stupid, as the total newbie I am... I could not find any setting in the Goggles Menu that would allow to change between h.264 (AVC1) and h.265 (HEVC) - I would really like that though. The way the raw material comes out of the drone it is unplayable on an Intel/Nvidia machine (I7-8700K and GTX970) which had ZERO issues before with the Avata material and now most players do the choppy game or dont display a picture at all. Only some native windows media players (yes also the ancient windows media player) play the footage with a little stutter but mostly fine.
Furthermore, after running it through e.g. Premiere Pro and finally rendering it at high bitrates (I tested up to 130, main profile, best quality) and a HEVC output codec, the resulting video suffers severly from bad smoothing algos. Something really broke. Shrubs and Gras (fine structures) look like a mess now, like someone went over it with a smudging brush. Terrible. What can I do? I am not a video pro and I am relying on DJI to provide settings that are "idiot proof" - I have been reading into codecs and related stuff since days now and I am not able to fix this myself.

Ideas?
2023-4-13
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

well got goggles v2 to update but rc remote 2 stops at 70% and air unit doesn't prompt anything past 1.02
2023-4-15
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

the first part is from 2022 so take that out DJI
2023-4-16
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

under v01.03.0000 the manual mode is gone, yes I did shut down the limit under the gain expo menu
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_YhtA2753LHNi
New

Australia

If it isn't updated will that do this issue?
2023-4-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

think the tumble issue is definitely hardware related.. or some serious tune to the esc/ fc which will no doubt make motors hot, less battery life.  Diving in the FPV world is entirely new world to say the least lol... a simple "tumble" is so vague in comparison to the level of complexity that underlines it.
2023-4-19
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info
2023-4-21
Use props
fans2c9796d1
New
Flight distance : 109016 ft
Switzerland

Marco899 Posted at 2022-9-14 06:19
I'll wait until more is known and if the FCC hack isn't undone by this update.

if you want that dji block this, keep posting your expectation directly to dji forum
2023-4-25
Use props
djiuser_UAqurJv4QgVj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225541 ft
France

Not sure if this is related to the firmware update or not. I flew my avata without any issues, than decided to update thinking, "its official" why not..
Today I came home planning to fly, did a pre flight check and boom... propulsion check error, restart required, than the ESC ERROR aircraft wont fly. Called support, they said refresh the firmware, did that and nothing hapened, Calibrated IMU same. Reset all parameters, no change. Initially I would hear the Motors Beep during ESC calibration when the drone is switched ON now there is no sound no movement. What I did notice is that the ESC board seems to be quiet warm to the touch with the Avata just sitting on the table, Than I tried to feel the heat and its kind of increasing.

@DJI support, any one reported this after the firmware updates?

My only option is to go to the store from where I purchased this and use the 2 year warranty they offered when I purchased the AVATA.

Abyone else having this problem after the update?
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_c27BWP1XkLIx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41837 ft
Brazil

comprei meu dji avata a 1 mês já voei umas 10X e até agora não identificou nenhum satélite, alguém sabe porque?
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661165 ft
Romania

I have a RoboMaster S1 which needs reset. Infrared Beam won't fire anymore. Does anyone know how to reset it?
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_c27BWP1XkLIx Posted at 5-28 14:03
comprei meu dji avata a 1 mês já voei umas 10X e até agora não identificou nenhum satélite, alguém sabe porque?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read you're experiencing such issues. Are you getting any specific error messages on the goggles? And when you said you've flown it about ten times already, were you flying in the same area, or different locations? In what mode were you flying it in? We will be waiting for the additional details.
2023-5-30
Use props
Gordon Macrae
New

New Zealand

I bought the motion 2 controller and completed a firmware update. Everything was linked and good to go. Then took my Avata out for a test run with my new motion controller and nearly lost my drone because of significant drift. Re-calibrated what I could (IMU) but still has a drift issue. So now I’m scared to fly it in case I loose my beloved Avata.
What can I do other than re-calibrate, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
2023-6-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gordon Macrae Posted at 6-26 03:07
I bought the motion 2 controller and completed a firmware update. Everything was linked and good to go. Then took my Avata out for a test run with my new motion controller and nearly lost my drone because of significant drift. Re-calibrated what I could (IMU) but still has a drift issue. So now I’m scared to fly it in case I loose my beloved Avata.
What can I do other than re-calibrate, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Have your recalibrated the motion controller?
Also, I’m not sure how new you are to the Avata, you could try reducing the speed of the movement just to get the hang of it?

Hope it’s working better!
2023-6-26
Use props
Johmic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 196955 ft
Greece

Just curious, no one has a  single comment about the new firmware ???
2023-12-29
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

The firmware is a few hours old, how many should comment on it
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules