Never mind the video, what about the audio?
957 7 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This camera appears to have only 3 mics, not the four of the Action 2.  Is the audio configurable like on the Action 2 (front, rear, all, mono, stereo)?  Does it accept USB mics and headphones like the Action 2?  The Pocket 2 and the Action 2 are both great audio recording devices that also do video - I hope the Action 3 hasn't lost too much in that department!

2022-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It does accept external USB C Mic’s. Sound seems ok indoors it might be acceptable but you may need external for outside.
2022-9-14
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

The early reviews all either ignored or glossed over external mic connections. It is not a show stopper, but I want to know if I will still be able to connect a mic with a standard microphone jack.
2022-9-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gollan Posted at 9-14 06:37
The early reviews all either ignored or glossed over external mic connections. It is not a show stopper, but I want to know if I will still be able to connect a mic with a standard microphone jack.

If it's the same as the Action 2 you will need a suitable adapter to connect an analog mic to the Action 3.  There are several videos on YouTube describing what works and what doesn't.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Users can connect the new DJI Osmo Action 3 to the DJI Mic by connecting the receiver of DJI Mic to the DJI Osmo Action 3 USB-C port using a Type-C phone adapter and link the receiver and transmitter of DJI Mic. Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

This was the very first post in the Action 3 forum, exactly 8 months ago today. Time flies.
2023-5-14
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

And where is he now, scared away?
2023-5-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

can not put an Pocket one or two DJI adapter on  and DJI should have a list of mics that work or  simply do what you're doing ask. I gave up on asking
2023-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules