DJI RC Pro won't power on
1365 4 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulGath
New

United Kingdom

I just tried to switch on my RC Pro to prepare for a trip, but it won't switch on. It is partially charged. Pressing the power button shows two green charge LEDs fully lit and one flashing. These lights go off after a couple of seconds but nothing else happens.

Plugging it into the charger seems to start the charging process - i.e. three LEDs flashing quickly. This continues whilst the cable is connected. Pressing the power on button while it's in this state has the same result - it shows two green charge LEDs fully lit and one flashing for a few seconds and then goes back to the three flashing quickly.

This is a relatively new controller - bought on 10 July 2022 - and I have only used it once to link it to my Mavic 3 and check everything was working. That was back in July.

I get the same whether the controller has a card installed or not. Similarly, it does not matter whether it is connected to the power through USBC or to my PC.

Any ideas of what might be wrong or how to force a hardware reset?

2022-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Are you doing a short push followed by a long push? Tap the button, release and then hold it down until it beeps.
2022-9-14
Use props
PaulGath
New

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 07:08
Are you doing a short push followed by a long push? Tap the button, release and then hold it down until it beeps.

What a loser I am!

No, I had it in my mind that DJI had moved away from the double press, but it appears like that is for the drone itself, but not the new controller.

Thanks for helping me and pointing out the obvious! Sorry to waste your time.
2022-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

PaulGath Posted at 9-14 07:12
What a loser I am!

No, I had it in my mind that DJI had moved away from the double press, but it appears like that is for the drone itself, but not the new controller.

No waste. We all go brain dead sometimes.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PaulGath. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you have already rectified the issue by following the posted posted above by Mobilehomer on post #2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules