I can't connect Avata with dji fpv remote controller 2
7972 22 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse36d3f2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331998 ft
Romania

I have spent a couple of hours with DJI trying to solve my problem with no success.
I have sent them a video with the problem.
https://vimeo.com/749478043

I have successfully paired the drone with the googles and the remote that comes with the Avata but no success with the fpv remote controller 2.
I observe that now whenever I power the remote the three leds start blinking, does it mean anything? Is there a way to reset this remote.
The remote is new.
I also observed that I can't charge the remote, it has three leds on so theoretically plenty of power for initialisation. I have tried to charge it with the same chargers I used for the drone and googles. Maybe is like the one from Mini 3 Pro where you can't charge it if it is not registered.

Any help is more than welcome.
Thank you!
2022-9-14
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

1. I can't see video, or it's missing some description or somth else, but it won't let me see it (and I don't wanna create account @vimeo and log in just to see it)
2. You did update RC2 to firmware, which is compatibile with avata? dji assistant software, not thru app.
2022-9-14
Use props
artseven
lvl.2
Romania

KREMi Posted at 9-14 09:41
1. I can't see video, or it's missing some description or somth else, but it won't let me see it (and I don't wanna create account and log in just to see it)
2. You did update RC2 to firmware, which is compatibile with avata? dji assistant software, not thru app.

It is strange that can't you see the video, the link is complete and is public!
Anyway, I have tried to make the update with DJI+Assistant+2+(DJI+FPV+series)+2.1.2 and with DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.11 but the app doesn't see the controller.
Ihave also tried different cables between the remote and the computer.
I still wander why is it blinking?

Thank you for your input!

2022-9-14
Use props
artseven
lvl.2
Romania

KREMi Posted at 9-14 09:41
1. I can't see video, or it's missing some description or somth else, but it won't let me see it (and I don't wanna create account and log in just to see it)

It is strange that you can't  see the video, the link is complete and is public!
Anyway, I have tried to make the update with DJI+Assistant+2+(DJI+FPV+series)+2.1.2 and with DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.11 but the app doesn't see the controller.
Ihave also tried different cables between the remote and the computer.
I still wander why is it blinking?

Thank you for your input!

2022-9-14
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

I think there was post somewhere (social media), that cable suppiled with avata is not good for data transfer (firmware update), and with proper "data cable" users were able to connect it to PC and update it
I was able to update mine with assistant for FPV drone

2022-9-14
Use props
CivicRydr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2896811 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.

Can't pair my FPV Controller 2 with my Googles 2 and Avata. When I try to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, the software can't detect the controller. I have confirm my computer can see the controller because I use it as a controller for the Lift Off FPV sim.
2022-9-14
Use props
artseven
lvl.2
Romania

CivicRydr Posted at 9-14 10:55
I'm having the same issue.

Can't pair my FPV Controller 2 with my Googles 2 and Avata. When I try to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, the software can't detect the controller. I have confirm my computer can see the controller because I use it as a controller for the Lift Off FPV sim.

I am somehow glad that I am not the only one having  this problem.
2022-9-14
Use props
artseven
lvl.2
Romania

KREMi Posted at 9-14 10:23
I think there was post somewhere (social media), that cable suppiled with avata is not good for data transfer (firmware update), and with proper "data cable" users were able to connect it to PC and update it
I was able to update mine with assistant for FPV drone

I have tried. with a different cable.
Tomorrow I'll bring two more cables from the studio to try them out.
2022-9-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Annnnd all of the sudden I too am in the same boat.

Edit: Updated via Assistant 2 (Consumer).

2022-9-14
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh great.. I have a FPV Controller 2 coming also... I look forward to having this issue also. :|
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask if the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 has been activated? Please try to connect the remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) and update the firmware. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series And then connect it to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to activate the controller. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
If the remote controller still fails to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 with different cables, it may be a problem with the remote controller. You may contact the seller to see if you can get a replacement.
2022-9-15
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use a USB-A to USB-C cable to connect to assistant 2 and update the firmware to the latest version.

You cannot connect or charge the Remote using USB-C to USB-C.

Also use the assistant 2 from the Avata downloads page. DJI seem to be using the Consumer Drone version for everything now.
2022-9-15
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-14 12:19

Pheeew. Glad you got this figured out. Thanks!
2022-9-15
Use props
artseven
lvl.2
Romania

Buzzyone Posted at 9-15 07:56
Use a USB-A to USB-C cable to connect to assistant 2 and update the firmware to the latest version.

You cannot connect or charge the Remote using USB-C to USB-C.

EVRIKA!!!!
Thank you very much Buzzyone.
This is the solution. DJI should put it in the AVATA manual.
The. charging and the data comunication works ONLY if you use an USB-A to USB-C cable.
I am on Mac and I have USB-C ports only but, even though it seems dumb, I have used an USB-A to USB-C cable plus an USB-A to USB-C adaptor and IT WORKED!!!!
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-15 10:04
Pheeew. Glad you got this figured out. Thanks!

Where there's a will there's a way.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_Cm82hdh6vI2v
New

United States

I’ve tried all of these for my controller - usb A-to-usb C-controller from my computer on both the FPV and consumer versions of assistant 2. Nothing ever pops up on assistant 2. I’ve been able to connect the controller to the drone, but I can only tilt the gimbal. Even when I try to update the controller with the fly app, still nothing. Any suggestions?
2022-12-16
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

djiuser_Cm82hdh6vI2v Posted at 12-16 17:44
I’ve tried all of these for my controller - usb A-to-usb C-controller from my computer on both the FPV and consumer versions of assistant 2. Nothing ever pops up on assistant 2. I’ve been able to connect the controller to the drone, but I can only tilt the gimbal. Even when I try to update the controller with the fly app, still nothing. Any suggestions?

You can only update the FPV motion controller 2 through DJI assistant.
Try another laptop or PC.   I used the FPV series version of DJI assistant 2.

You cannot update it if it doesn't show up in DJI assistant 2.
2022-12-16
Use props
Xarnegie
New

United Kingdom

Just came here to say I solved this by ditching the USB cable the FPV Controller 2 came with and used another cable I had and it connected immediately. Sort it out DJI....
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_dnrcFvcWdUgZ
New

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2022-9-14 12:19

So I had same issue, updated firmware on all the components, yet the controller 2 and Avata continues to not pair!!!!  Any ideas?
2023-1-3
Use props
fans51a6c415
lvl.1

Italy

SOLVED !

Hi everyone.
I was having the same problem with my dji remote controller 2 and thanks to this forum I’ve solved it but I believe you need the definitive step-by-step guide.

THE PROBLEM:

I had successfully paired the Avata with the googles and the dji motion controller that come with the drone. A couple of months later I bought the dji remote controller 2 separately but I couldn’t pair it.

DATA:
A - the dji remote controller 2 was new;
B - I have a MacBook Pro hence I was even more worried than a windows user that I wouldn’t be able to solve the problem because I was (wrongly) thinking that dji would support only Microsoft Windows.

THE SOLUTION:
1 - you most probably will need to activate your brand new dji remote controller so don’t go down the path thinking that your controller is broken yet;
2 - you will need the two softwares that dji created called “dji assistant 2”, both the fpv series and the consumer drone series version;
3 - FIRST, you need to install DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to update the remote controller firmware. Visit https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series.
4 - when connecting the remote controller to the computer REMEMBER THIS. You first start dji assistant 2 (fpv series), login with your account and then connect the controller to the computer WITH a usb-c to usb-A cable. AND NOW DON’T FORGET TO SWITCH ON YOUR REMOTE CONTROLLER. Many users forget to turn the remote on and so it won’t connect to dji assistant in your computer. Some users report that the cable included by dji wasn’t working because it was not designed for data transfer but only for charging and they solved this issue with a third party cable. I didn’t have this problem because the cable given by dji was working fine. JUST DON`T FORGET TO SWITCH THE REMOTE ON once dji assistant 2 is open and the cable is connected. Your pc or MacBook should be connected to a wall socket instead of using battery power because sometimes the remote wouldn't connect otherwise;
5 - update the firmware;
6 - disconnect and now open the other dji software for activation using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Download it from here: https://www.dji.com/it/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
7 - as before, open the software, login with your account and then connect the controller to the computer WITH a usb-c to usb-A cable. AND AGAIN DON’T FORGET TO SWITCH ON YOUR REMOTE CONTROLLER. You may be prompted to activate or it will be done automatically. Just be sure before connecting your remote controller that both your dji assistant 2 are logged in to your dji account (the one where the drone is registered);
8 - now you should be ready to fly your avata with your brand new remote controller 2;
9 - enjoy !
2023-3-4
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I can't see video,
2023-3-13
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I can't see video,
2023-3-13
Use props
Bladee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1068071 ft
Australia

fans51a6c415 Posted at 3-4 00:17
SOLVED !

Hi everyone.

You absolute legend.

Turning the remote on, who would have thought. Was stuck on this for the last 30 minutes.

Thank you so much mate.
2023-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules