6281 17 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not that pleased with the quality of video from the DJI FPV,  there's a lot of blur in the details.  No ND filter.  I'm afraid of mounting the GoPro on it, for fear of vibration, instability, and overheated motors.   For those who did it, do you recommend it?       I plan to use it flying manual of course.   I bought the Avata, specifically for the better video, but don't want to give up on my DJI FPVs.
2022-9-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

tons of people have mounted everything from gopro to smaller cameras on top of their dji fpv, no problems.
2022-9-14
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-14 08:39
tons of people have mounted everything from gopro to smaller cameras on top of their dji fpv, no problems.

I have read of problems.  Guess I'll just try it.   
2022-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like the video this guy made on using GoPro on the DJI FPV.

2022-9-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

looking forward to mounting 11 mini
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BarnSwallow. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI FPV Co Pilots can give out the best recommendation and information with regard to this matter. In addition, DJI does not recommend to attach 3rd party accessories on your DJI FPV Drone for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-9-14
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are ND filters for the DJI fpv (a bit hard to attach). But still a GoPro is much better. I use the GP 10 with almost no problems: Sometimes I think GPS look takes a bit longer. And sometimes there are blurry frames in lower light at lower throttle. Still MUCH better than the built in camera, especially if you use Reelsteady. Even if you have to pay for it the 100 bucks are easily worth it. One of the best decisions I ever made with a drone.
2022-9-14
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

你好月光

库存相机一点也不差。

它做得很好。附上一张 DJI FPV 库存相机的照片。
Stock Camera DJI FPV  

2_2.1.1.jpg
2022-9-15
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 13:43
I really like the video this guy made on using GoPro on the DJI FPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLqTmNSupw

Thanks.  Good video.    I'm doing it.  It just looks so obscene.   
2022-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BarnSwallow Posted at 9-15 07:44
Thanks.  Good video.    I'm doing it.  It just looks so obscene.

You're very welcome.  

It does look a bit odd but works.

Have a great day.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_fiObJaXCOhAh
New

Colombia

hello everyone!  I have already put into practice placing a gopro 11 black camera on my dji fpv dro and the truth is the best but the drone will present overheating due to the weight of the camera, so that you have safety and quality in your videos the best thing is a gopro mini.  I hope it helps you
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fiObJaXCOhAh Posted at 8-28 19:51
hello everyone!  I have already put into practice placing a gopro 11 black camera on my dji fpv dro and the truth is the best but the drone will present overheating due to the weight of the camera, so that you have safety and quality in your videos the best thing is a gopro mini.  I hope it helps you

Thank you for sharing your insights. This will be useful for the other users. Just a friendly reminder, DJI does not advise using 3rd-party accessories as we cannot guarantee their reliability and the effects they may cause to the drones. We appreciate your valued support and understanding. Have a great day.
2023-8-29
Use props
djiuser_tO6zqPKhp5YO
lvl.1

Romania

Hello,

2-19 08:03
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

wow, that drone must fly like a tank; can't image what you are doing there.  360 camera?
2-19 14:45
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142592 ft

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-8-29 02:47
Thank you for sharing your insights. This will be useful for the other users. Just a friendly reminder, DJI does not advise using 3rd-party accessories as we cannot guarantee their reliability and the effects they may cause to the drones. We appreciate your valued support and understanding. Have a great day.

Wouldn't that be a good reason for DJI to finally delivering an update that outputs the gyrodata alongside the video...
2-24 01:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Michi123 Posted at 2-24 01:31
Wouldn't that be a good reason for DJI to finally delivering an update that outputs the gyrodata alongside the video...

Thank you for the recommendation. Let me forward this to the relevant team. We appreciate your valued support.
2-24 03:26
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Michi123 Posted at 2-24 01:31

I've only recently got the DJI FPV and that's my only real complaint about it (other than being as fragile as an egg....but I knew that long before I purchased it).
2-24 04:59
Use props
djiuser_fNOZsSB6kEZU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26801 ft
Croatia

BarnSwallow Posted at 2022-9-14 08:51
I have read of problems.  Guess I'll just try it.

My fpv is overheating with osmo action 4 mounted.
2-28 14:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules