Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2 Flight Controller MC output is off
1914 3 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom Gooderham
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I am having real issue with getting the A2 controller working on my S1000 (All first time setup), The Controller is bound to a Futaba T16SZ. From the A2 assistant software I have setup the control throws, controls when executed from the Futaba appear to all function as I would expect when seeing them move in A2 Assistant. Also I can test each motor from A2 Assitant (therefore I know control is happening from the A2 controller to the esc's. I also can raise and lower the Landing gear from the Futaba.

This means I know the following:
1) the A2 Controller is receiving TX controls.
2) the A2 controller is responding in some way to these TX controls by controlling servos

However I can not get this to start up and spin the motors... Note when Connected to A2 Assistant, the MC Output is registering as OFF. (I understand that this needs to be ON, but can not get it to go on).

Any help?

2022-9-14
Use props
ticedoff8
lvl.2

United States

Did you ever figure this out?
2022-9-25
Use props
Tom Gooderham
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ticedoff8 Posted at 9-25 09:46
Did you ever figure this out?

Hi,

No I still havent resolved this
2022-9-26
Use props
ticedoff8
lvl.2

United States

I don't know if this will help you:
#1 - When the A2 is connected to the PC using the USB cable, I think that automatically disables the motor controller (MC = Off). When the USB cable is connected, the motor tests will run, but the motors will not arm.
This makes since as a safety precaution.
The motor test warns you about testing the motors with the props installed, and the test only spins the motor slowly for about 2 seconds.
On mine, I can get the motors armed and running when the USB cable is disconnected. But when the USB cable is connected and the A2 Assistant app is opened, they will not arm and the MC = Off.
I suspect that if you connected to the A2 with the iOS app through Bluetooth, it may allow the motors to arm (MC = On). But, if DJI was overlay cautious, they wouldn't allow that either.
All my RC helicopter flight controllers require the RX Throttle to be at 0% before the will allow me top connect via Bluetooth and open the configuration app and as soon as the configuration app is open, it disables the Throttle out.

#2 - Arming the motors requires the left & right transmitter sticks to be down and out or down and in (crossing the sticks). This should start the motors turning at the "idle speed" setup in the A2 Assistant app.
I found that if one (or more) of the transmitters channels is reversed, and the reversal is "corrected" in the A2 channel mapping, then crossing the stick in the "traditional manner" will not arm the motors.
But, if I crossed the left stick down and in and the right stick up and out, it would arm the motors.
That told me something was set up incorrectly and "fixed it" by reversing the 2 channels on the right stick in the TX and reversing one of those two channels in the A2.

2022-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules