DJI RS SDK
3388 13 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

Is there a new DJI RS SDK released after V2.5?  The V2.5 was released in 06/2021

We have developed a MacOS software and an Ethernet to CAN BUS hardware box that control multiple Ronin RS2 and we need to add support for the RS3 Pro new feature.
We need the control of the new Focus Motor (2022) and get data from the new DJI LiDAR Range Finder.

Thanks!

Here's what our Multicam remote control system looks like :
https://youtu.be/s4crzUnWvIc
https://youtu.be/sQIMer5-fxE
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we will release a new firmware to support the control of the focus motor soon, please wait for the update. However, for the data from DJI LiDAR Range Finder, we are sorry that it is not available for users, we will forward your request to our engineers for their consideration.
2022-9-18
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 9-18 20:10
Hi there, we will release a new firmware to support the control of the focus motor soon, please wait for the update. However, for the data from DJI LiDAR Range Finder, we are sorry that it is not available for users, we will forward your request to our engineers for their consideration.

Thank you for the reply!
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZAPTEAM Posted at 9-19 10:07
Thank you for the reply!

You are welcome.
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_WBROUOCqAzYE
New

United States

I am following up on ZAPTEAM's request. I wonder if a newer SDK is available for RS 3 PRO? Does DJI directly provide python control API. Thanks
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_WBROUOCqAzYE Posted at 2-27 21:34
I am following up on ZAPTEAM's request. I wonder if a newer SDK is available for RS 3 PRO? Does DJI directly provide python control API. Thanks

Hi there, now Ronin SDK supports the RS 3 Pro, yet, only SDK protocol is supported currently, no python API. Thank you for your attention.
2023-3-1
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi there,

I've found discrepancies between the RS2 and RS3 in how they respond to SDK commands. One of them is the focus motor information request (0x0E, 0x12, 0x15, 0x00). The focus motor calibration status is always 0x03 on the RS2, irrespective of whether it is calibrated or not. It's a little more accurate on the RS3 but sometimes the motor stops working but the status is still 0x03..

On the RS3, the LED on the focus motor never turns green. On the RS2 it's green as long as you're sending a focus control command.

And finally, we would like to control two focus motors and use one for zoom. I notice we can connect motors to the two lower USB-C ports and address them independently from the SDK, but we do not appear to be able to use them together. This would be a very helpful feature!

Many thanks..
2023-3-2
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

signalaudio Posted at 3-2 14:10
Hi there,

I've found discrepancies between the RS2 and RS3 in how they respond to SDK commands. One of them is the focus motor information request (0x0E, 0x12, 0x15, 0x00). The focus motor calibration status is always 0x03 on the RS2, irrespective of whether it is calibrated or not. It's a little more accurate on the RS3 but sometimes the motor stops working but the status is still 0x03..

Any update on controlling 2 focus motors with the SDK?
2023-10-3
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

ZAPTEAM Posted at 10-3 12:47
Any update on controlling 2 focus motors with the SDK?

Ha. No. DJI are just not responsive re anything SDK any more.
2023-10-4
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

signalaudio Posted at 10-4 18:48
Ha. No. DJI are just not responsive re anything SDK any more.

Please DJI!

We are currently in the midst of developing a CAN bus controller tailored for the Ronin RS2 and RS3 Pro gimbals. Our project aims to enhance the flexibility and control options for these devices, by Wifi and Ethernet which we believe will significantly benefit the DJI user community.

However, to ensure the success and compatibility of our project, we crucially need support for the DJI R SDK. particularly in enabling the control of two focus motors simultaneously.

2023-10-5
Use props
0b1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
Could someone please help me to find the documentation for version 2.5 of the SDK? The most recent one I can find online is 2.3. Any help will be really appreciated.
2-18 05:41
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

0b1 Posted at 2-18 05:41
Hi,
Could someone please help me to find the documentation for version 2.5 of the SDK? The most recent one I can find online is 2.3. Any help will be really appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QWGqsHfazqHPWmya7sHxtaDzAVIp0-_A/view?usp=drive_link
2-18 10:28
Use props
0b1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ZAPTEAM Posted at 2-18 10:28
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QWGqsHfazqHPWmya7sHxtaDzAVIp0-_A/view?usp=drive_link

Many thanks
2-19 02:56
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

ZAPTEAM Posted at 2023-10-5 17:54
Please DJI!

We are currently in the midst of developing a CAN bus controller tailored for the Ronin RS2 and RS3 Pro gimbals. Our project aims to enhance the flexibility and control options for these devices, by Wifi and Ethernet which we believe will significantly benefit the DJI user community.

Hope you are on development for this.

Maybe you talk to Thibaud from Middle Things about the SDK?  He has been utilzing the SDK for his product, Middle Things APC-R.
2-27 00:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules